Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Mages leaving out scorch in 3.10

To follow the topic. they may nerf scorch to 5% spell crit.
    but theyre buffing the glyph. so only 1 scroch is needed to get all 5 stacks. it will be lower crit% but it will be up at
    5% more often since its easier and faster to throw 1 scorch than 2
    so If im playing ffb in 3.1. im defenetly keeping the scorch up
    and mages get +3% FFb crit from imp scroch spell..

so sum up.. we dont loose anything.. now we get 1 scorch = 5% instead of 2 scorch = 10%.
    letts crit but less scorching.

well you cast 1 scorch less during the fight with the new glyph. thats not the point.
    The point is casting scorch at all lowers your dps, as its less dps than fb/ffb. Furthermore, LB glyph makes LB event better, so you absolutely want it. It depends on your warlocks whether they put up ISB or not, if not, you scorch (since my guild runs 2 mages atleast anyway it wouldnt be such a big pain to apply scorch the old way)
    Awesome since 1986 - Armory

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?mage...0&version=9757
    3% crit to FB/FFB - suck =(
    i think range is better. Master of Element's + Pyromaniac + Arcane meditation + stacking spirit to molten armor = no mana issues
    now warlock's stacking crit, not mage's :3

Quote Originally Posted by nivek3
    but ive got no clue if locks sacrifice dps by keeping the debuff up (i guess not since shadow bold doesnt need a glyph for the crit and its one of the main nukes)
    Oddly enough it is really only one of your main nukes if you are affliction. The destruction tree relies heavily on fire damage although improved shadow bolt is in the destruction tree. The destruction builds I have seen pretty much all skip improved shadow bolt.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by jhemfl
    Affliction will out dps destro builds in 3.1, pretty sure it does now too.
    While it does now, its up in the air if it will do so in 3.1. The numbers are VERY similar between demonolgy/destruction hybrid and pure affliction to say the least.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Steady
    Affliction Locks cast Shadow Bolts early to apply some other debuff on the boss (not too down with the class ) so it shouldn't be an issue.
    Actually that other debuff was the old improved shadow bolt debuff that I believe was removed. However, since most affliction locks both spec and glyph for instant shadow bolt procs they will probably get one by the time they put up 3 dots so they will still be hitting the max debuff in 4-5 casts. Not to mention, dots are normally put up while the tank is still establishing starter aggro.

why are you only talking FFB mages and locks, i raid as frost and yea im not doing as much damage as other mage specs but i hold up WC all the time. but then again not many ppl play raiding frost.

Quote Originally Posted by Venefïcus
    why are you only talking FFB mages and locks, i raid as frost and yea im not doing as much damage as other mage specs but i hold up WC all the time. but then again not many ppl play raiding frost.
    Yeah, this thread is pretty much about raids wanting to have optimized dps, more friendly guild will be using the "Bring the player not the class" motto even more, in that they let friends raid (say Frost mages) over pulling you aside for a FFB mage.

If there's a frost mage in the raid, this whole thread is null and void, but most optimized raids don't bring them, and its the sad reality =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?mage...0&version=9757

That will probably be the best mage spec in 3.1 dropping Flame throwing doesn't really matter to much because we have allways been stood at about 35 yards anyway to apply scorch, having a AFF lock use ISB so we dont have to use IS anymore will still keep us at 35 yards without this talent, gaining some crit rating and having that bit more dps ;D

So after reading patch notes, will makes still be leaving out scorch?

What builds will people be using for FFB, Arcane, Fire and Frost?

Won't every min-maxing caster raid be using a Meta Warlock for Demonic Pact anyways (over an Elemental Shaman, if needed) ? Your utility warlock can always keep up the 5% ISB if your DPS warlocks decide to go the Incinerate spec route.

As for Improved Scorch, every fire mage with half a brain will take that 3% passive crit on top of the bonus. Glyph of LB is clearly a better alternative to Glyph of Imp.Scorch if you're not going to be casting Scorch.

With dual-spec coming out, possibly having one of your mages have a scorchable (with Glyph of Imp.Scorch, if thats even worth it) spec could be valuable if you don't have your ISB bot handy. Hell, your ISB spec, if on the other hand you happen to be a warlock, could be your 2nd spec too. There's plenty of good things you can do with dual spec, getting extra synergies when someone else can't give them out is one of the main advantages you can get from it.

Question:
    Let's say we have no 'scorching' warlock.

So I have to take Glyph of Improved Scorch. (ttw fire)
    Do I drop Fireball or Molten Armor Glyph for Living bomb Glyph?

On the EJ page they have discussed the glyph issue, and as I recall they said LB is the best of all those glyphs. They were discussing whether or not to use Imp. Scorch glyph and it sounded somewhat split on the decision, but the choice to drop was definitely Molten Armor if you'll be dropping one for Imp Scorch.