Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Why don't warlocks have an anti fear spell?

Quote Originally Posted by Necrotisies
    In 3.2 locks do infact have a fear break its called http://ptr.wowhead.com/?spell=7744 .

OOOPS.....sorry keep forgetting some people choose to play inferior warlock races.
    Real warlocks play ORC.

Now since the OP is into logic Warlocks should really be Horde only and Orc only.

Quote Originally Posted by DepecheMode
    Real warlocks play ORC.

Now since the OP is into logic Warlocks should really be Horde only and Orc only.
    No way punk! j/k I love your Screen Name

Quote Originally Posted by Skivoh
    Lol why?
    It's not like we realy need it, so don't start saying i'm qqing.

It's just that blizzard has become so dedicated in purging fear, almost every class has a "press this to remove fear" button, that i don't get why they didn't come up with one for locks.

Maybe one who can cast a spell doesn't know how to undo it?
    Again, there's no logic in this.

Of course there's felpup's dispell, but it's always either on CD, it's busy dispelling your enemy, you already have a shitload of dots on you so it will just target a dot (when facing another lock), or we can silence him before he casts it. That is if you're affli.

Then again, when i'm facing another lock usually the one who gets to attack first wins if we're affli or the better geared one.
    It's not like we realy need it after all, so don't come up with this, i know, but blizzard's sacred duty to CLEANSE ALL EVIL = fear in this case, doesn't reach locks against locks/priests. Maybe they forgot to, or either gave the nerf to the damage it can take to justify it.
    Warlocks fear does not break upon damage, most classes can die in a single fear atm... Go shove it up your ass

thebunnyhop

good plan! while we are at it warlock should also be immune to stun and sheep.

perhaps they should also get to wear plate armor and always move at 150% speed....

Umm... Warlock fear DOES break upon DMG. It takes more than say Sheep, but DMG WILL break it. and they are making even weaker as we speak. Don't QQ, Fear is a warlock Mechanic, Bubble is a Paladin's mech, and so on. It's what we do.

now on a lighter note...
    Quote Originally Posted by thebunnyhop
    good plan! while we are at it warlock should also be immune to stun and sheep.

perhaps they should also get to wear plate armor and always move at 150% speed....

I'd vote for that!!!

a single fear is enoguh to
    a) get a player underneath 20% Health with dots
    b) drain his mana to 0% at the same time

i experienced that only destro crits break the fear
    i hardly see my dots breaking a fear
    since warlocks are the lord of fear and can fear @ any given time of the game
    other classes need to be able to break the fear once in a while
    because otherwise a) and b) would happen to them all the time
    which would pretty much suck

even if it breaks you can instantly refear again
    or deathcoil
    or aoe fear...

the only thing you can be feared of as a lock is a shadowpreist once every 100 years, and a spellrefelecting warrior

in a warlock/warlock scenario you'll just have to live with it...

so a warlock fearward really doesn't make any sense...

As far as CC goes, Warlocks do have a lot. I just looked at the new 3.1 talents, and it seems Destro will be able to daze people on demand with Conflag, as well as have 30% chance to gain damage reduction to a school of spells, and there's always Shadowfury or whatever that thing is called.
    I suppose Soul Link should help out with Demonology, and Affliction do have Curse of Exhaustion.

So my point is that 'locks do have a lot of CCs. Fear is the most essential one, of course, and most other classes can counter it somehow, but it's not the only thing a 'lock has.

i`m not having trouble with fear ... coz my mage resist them rofl (mage armor ftw ) :P +arcane pvp specc

Tell that to the dead cobra who bit his tongue and died minutes after!