Thread: Arthas battle

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Arthas battle

Quote Originally Posted by Relentles
    2-3 hours??
    and you call yourself a casual player?
    i call my self a casual player and i cant spare 2-3 on ONE boss fight in a night, i have better things to go do
    how long do you think hardcore player should be spending doing this?
    l2r

I never claimed I would spend 2-3h on the encounter. I said it should be that long. Big difference right there. Nowadays I can't bring up enough time to do raids during the week but i'm perfectly fine with it and i'm not whining about not seeing all the content. There were days I raided one single boss for 4h and more, different time, different game. I say WOW needs to move into that direction with the "key-encounters" - not towards 4h but towards en evning filling raid and i'm talking weekends.

just don't make arthas a 20min clown n' down

"Hey, you know what's even cooler than triceratops? Every other dinosaur that ever existed."

Quote Originally Posted by Pzyclopz
    It's not the "ultimate" battle.
    If you've read lore you would know that the real badass is Sargeras, who's currently trapped in the void.

But I'd still like it to be epic in proportions, but I'd say max 10 minutes, and 4-5 phases (I love bosses with phases).
    ahem? Sargeras is dead...

Quote Originally Posted by bladey
    where did you hear this?
    no im not always gonna put in a lot of thought when i post
    and not all my posts are serious/true

/facepalm, you know this much about lore: |--|

lemme guess: roundhouse -kick'd by Chuck Norris?
    "Hey, you know what's even cooler than triceratops? Every other dinosaur that ever existed."

if yogg saron is a loot pinata then arthas will be easy, if yogg saron is difficult then arthas will be difficult

LK fight should require all classes to be used to their maximum extent. Meaning that everything in one's arsenal should be used in order to prevail. A fight doesn't have to be ridiculously long, 20 minutes is more than enough time but if there are phases that keep people awake - it's good. If there are phases that are boring as shit then we're not talking money.

Also, I know a lot "casual" players that are online 10 hours out of which they spend 7 hours just chatting. I also know "hardcore" players that log on at Wednesday, clear everything and have 6 days of doing nothing.

That particular fight shouldn't have a hard mode, it should be hard mode by itself. Lazy players, and ones who aren't bothered to learn fight mechanics shouldn't be given the opportunity to down the boss just because their AH gear allows it.

10 phases

each last 5 min

last phase Faction leaders and other leaders come in to help

Quote Originally Posted by NNozemm
    But Illidan had superiors above him, arthas/lich king doesnt..
    Who gave powers to Ner'Zhul?Who made him The Lich King?

Kil'Jaeden did.

Who gave powers and corrupted Kil'Jaeden?

Sargeras did

Ner'zhul has been defeted and imprisoned in a block of ice on his frozen throne,and he used Arthas as his new avatar.Ner'Zhul betrayed The Burning Legion.

Same thing with Illidan.He couldn't kill Ner'Zhul and Arthas so Kil Jaeden wanted to kill Illidan,so he hided in Black Temple.

The conclusion:Everyone has superiors except Sargeras.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuxxador
    Who gave powers to Ner'Zhul?Who made him The Lich King?
    Kil'Jaeden did.
    Who gave powers and corrupted Kil'Jaeden?
    Sargeras did
    The conclusion:Everyone has superiors except Sargeras.
    Except for the fact that for now, we don't know IF Kil'Jaeden is still alive, trapped out of Azeroth, and if he still has his original powers, and we DON'T know where the hell Sargeras is.

So actually the Lich King ain't being ruled by anyone.

I want help from Burning Legion. Come emmisar of the Legion, come help us defeat our common enemy

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

So the next expansion can be TBC:Part Deux

No thanks. Leave the Burning Legion out of this.

I think the introduction of the achievement system could work as a sort of "attunement" to the Arthas fight.

Maybe you'd have to complete certain achievements with his bodyguards or whatever to make it easier to fight him. If you have, let say, 25 people and only half of them have done the required achievements it wouldn't be possible to fully beat him.

This would give the battle the epic and a "last stand" kind of feeling it deserves.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Tikken
    Instead of making it one super long (and imo, annoying) 20 min+ fight, you could fight Arthas multiple times throughout the instance. He doesn't have to be only the final boss. Perhaps you can fight him when you first zone in, defeat him in some way, and he retreats inside. Clear a few bosses like Mal'Ganis (or whoever fits in the lore), and then fight him again in a new way. Repeat a couple times and finally face him in some epic and not so long fight at the end of the instance.

The fight could be really epic, literally spanning the entire instance, but not all be condensed into one encounter where you can wipe in the 24th minute and have to start over.
    I like your thinking, a gauntlet type of instance perhaps

Quote Originally Posted by Turboteckel
    So the next expansion can be TBC:Part Deux

No thanks. Leave the Burning Legion out of this.
    Nothing against but legion is biggest enemy. And its very close tied to lich king,lich king is infact their creation. Afterall a lot of things have to do anything with legion, and LK is just tied to them. They are the badguys that are making lower badguys. Example:

Classic wow: Last instance was naxx, full of servants of LK who is less or more creation of legion.
    TBC: Vashj and kael were followers of illdian, whos packed with legion and tried to hide from them. Kael and his band worked with legion in TK, and summoned KJ to this world. KJ is last boss, one of leaders of BL. MH..legion.
    Wotlk: naxx has been said, arthas is the same thing, created by legion.
    ???Maelstorm??? Queen ashara is former highelf, but "seduced" by power of legion

After all: Orc invasion? Legion. Nearly all things that happen in wow? Legion.

You wont escape the main theme of wow.

I think the Arthas fight should some kind of combination of the Illidan and Kil Jaeden fights, both sprawlingly epic, difficult, but hella fun.

"Magister's Terrace was merely a setback. My NEW master will see to it that this world will freeze."
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    We agree with Communism.

By fire frost be purged?
    This user has been banned.

You know what would be really epic. If when you died arthas walked up to you and was just like frostmourne hungers and takes your soul. And you just lie there soulless. Or arthas controls your body as an add in a way with some sick debuff making an offtank usefull. And also it would be epic if when he died, there was some CLIMATIC ending Like the ghost of the king coming to save his sons soul, that would be fire. Also i think blizz should make him SOOO SUPER DUPER HARD. like 1000000000000000000000000000000000 health and a 5 minute enrage. And no other bosses, just like running in fitting off waves and waves of people going to the top of it, then finally arthas. OR have a HUGE dungeon takes days to scale and complete, making Pugging thus Impposible for anyone but the raid leader and friends. and the Avrage Joe guild couldnt even grasp the concept of the first boss in there 25 what ever gear. i mean come on blizz has had this boss lurking around in peoples mind since the release of warcraft 3 which was what 8 - 10 years ago? I WANNA KILL HIM!!! MAKE IT AS EPIC AS POSSIBLE, no other boss will ever be as famous, This will make or break wow

Quote Originally Posted by retart411
    You know what would be really epic. If when you died arthas walked up to you and was just like frostmourne hungers and takes your soul. And you just lie there soulless. Or arthas controls your body as an add in a way with some sick debuff making an offtank usefull. And also it would be epic if when he died, there was some CLIMATIC ending Like the ghost of the king coming to save his sons soul, that would be fire. Also i think blizz should make him SOOO SUPER DUPER HARD. like 1000000000000000000000000000000000 health and a 5 minute enrage. And no other bosses, just like running in fitting off waves and waves of people going to the top of it, then finally arthas. OR have a HUGE dungeon takes days to scale and complete, making Pugging thus Impposible for anyone but the raid leader and friends. and the Avrage Joe guild couldnt even grasp the concept of the first boss in there 25 what ever gear. i mean come on blizz has had this boss lurking around in peoples mind since the release of warcraft 3 which was what 8 - 10 years ago? I WANNA KILL HIM!!! MAKE IT AS EPIC AS POSSIBLE, no other boss will ever be as famous, This will make or break wow
    then were gonna need alot better gear then we have now if thats his HP

but then pvp would need that strong of pvp gear so you can balance a bit

and dps would need like 50,000 health
    and pvp would need like 80,000 health
    *too much burst/dps*

tanks are gonna have 150k