Page 1 of 3
LastLast

We will still get owned by mages?

I think mages will still have the upper hand, even with 15% magical damage reduced while in shadowform

Just a small photo of me in 702 resiliance gear, and in the combat log, says I got hit with a 8k frostfire and 2.5k ice lance, just a small part of the nukeage.

I was farming eternal fires in WG, when a mage comes out of nowhere, I get silenced, mage pops mirror image, mage pops Icy veins, mage ice blocks the dots I manage to put on it (SW:P and DP), I disperse, right when dispersion fades, I'm dead a few seconds later.

The mage repeatedly did this to me, same combo of attacks, since it takes three minutes to get back to the area, the mages CD's are back up. I do not suck at pvp, I can't even touch frost mage when it attacked me first. If I cast I'll get a 8 second silence, it will just ice block the dots off it, and I'll leave shadowform to heal, then I'm bursted down.

Anyone have any tips against frost mages? 700 resilience is all I can get atm, since I'm human I don't need a trinket.

Btw, I do not have my 5 second silence, and fear was worthless agianst it, since it either resisted it, or WOTF it.

Re: We will still get owned by mages?

Were you specced for PVP? I am asking because I don't see Silence on your bars.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

I'm not going to lie.
    I haven't beat a Mage as Shadow except in BGs.

Does that mean I am bad?

Luck of the draw I suppose.

l2pillar baby. and since when did pvp mages start using frostfire bolts

and its pretty clear how you got your pvp gear (pve)
    i'm a rogue nerf me please.

Quote Originally Posted by rany
    l2pillar baby. and since when did pvp mages start using frostfire bolts

and its pretty clear how you got your pvp gear (pve)
    Care to explain where do you see pillars on the picture? I'm just wondering, since you're giving out l2p advice and mentioning pillars where there are none. L2look and read.

You got killed by a mage wearing PVE gear and using a PVE spec? lol

Move along folks, nothing to see here.

you say you dont suck at pvp but you do, you died because you click.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by thantos

Just a small photo of me in 702 resiliance gear, and in the combat log, says I got hit with a 8k frostfire and 2.5k ice lance, just a small part of the nukeage.
    dude, i got a single 11k crit on me with over 800 ressi.. woot, i win =D

made me cry at the time ='(... lol

and lol at comment above xD

Snaps, shouldn't of posted a screen shot. L2 Key Bind my ass. just stfu. Is that your solution to everything?

No, I do not have silence, but the point of this thread is to discuss if priests will have trouble against mages.

I killed the mage with my pve spec when I rezzed and attacked it first, all the other times, sheesh, not worth trying.

Don't give me this L2Play bullshit. Those people do not understand, they were not there. Yeah, L2 play when a mage in pve gear comes along and blows all Cd's and nukes me in my 700 resiliance gear.

Instead of doing that L2Play bullshit, How about you give me uppers on how to fight off frost mages?

Tell me step by step of what would you do if a mage came just like in the situation I had. Lets hear it. L2 back your shit up before you say L2Play

Good Priests don't have problems.

You do.

?.

15+ Year Old Account

so let me get this right....you got locked out of shadow spells and you didnt just start healing? As a mage if a priest can outlast my initial burst I could be boned in the long run! However if they stand there like a deer caught in headlights going " OMG MAGE ...OMG CS WUT TO DO" it's an easy blow the cd load win!

IMO you could have just used ooo I dunno decursive if ya got it and dispell the snare run los asap healup, toss back on shield, reaply your dots since he already blew his IB. There are so many things but if your trying to win fights by standing toe to toe with anyone I think you will get wtf owned with 700 resil or not! Dots, fear, heal, shield, embrace,etc! There is more to your class than your swp, mb, dvp, mindflay spam you use in raids!

and by looking at your combat log pretty sure that says Frostbolt and ice lance! Not sure what kind of mage tosses out 8k HITS and not CRITS but id guess arcane frost using arcane power!

Quote Originally Posted by Killerzmage
    Good Priests don't have problems.

You do.

?.
    I have a problem with mages popping all CD's, and when they crit me for 10k in 700 resiliance. I do not understand. I guess this can be the first time a mage has ever gave me a problem, besides when one silences me for 8 seconds.

If I post a video, you will see that I am cced the whole time.

Ok ok, so a mage in pve gear comes up, polymorphs me while i was killing a mob, I know to never trinket a polymorph, so I wait for it to break, but the mage doesn't attack, it pops mirror image, then icy veins, it spell steals my PW:S, then when it frostbolts me for 8k, and the polymorph breaks, I get silenced, so I disperse, after dispersion, it deep freezes me, i trinket that, put a few dots on mage, it deep freezes for half a second to cleanse dots, then I get nuked.

I know the 5 second silence would help me, but I don't want to be caught in that situation agian, like I repeatedly was today.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by L2Keybind
    Reroll PvE server and stop QQ.
    You expect to kill someone in PvP without a SINGLE keybind? LOLFAIL
    Yeah it is obvious how you got your pro PvP gear. So typical of Alliance to whine on forums about getting ganked on pvp server. Even though it's 1v1. If you lose to mage, only thing you can do is L2P. Lemme guess. Started WoW few months ago? Game is too hard for you :'( :'( :'(
    You sir are an ass, instead of trying to provide the slightest bit of help, you jump all over this guy. So typical of a horde to be a dumbass raging on a forum. Besides that try to spec pvp, or look up some tactics. I usually try to keep my pvp set with me(even though it's only hateful) in case someone decides to kill me when I'm trying to get a few dailies done. Good luck man

Quote Originally Posted by bobyboucher
    so let me get this right....you got locked out of shadow spells and you didnt just start healing? As a mage if a priest can outlast my initial burst I could be boned in the long run! However if they stand there like a deer caught in headlights going " OMG MAGE ...OMG CS WUT TO DO" it's an easy blow the cd load win!

IMO you could have just used ooo I dunno decursive if ya got it and dispell the snare run los asap healup, toss back on shield, reaply your dots since he already blew his IB. There are so many things but if your trying to win fights by standing toe to toe with anyone I think you will get wtf owned with 700 resil or not! Dots, fear, heal, shield, embrace,etc! There is more to your class than your swp, mb, dvp, mindflay spam you use in raids!

and by looking at your combat log pretty sure that says Frostbolt and ice lance! Not sure what kind of mage tosses out 8k HITS and not CRITS but id guess arcane frost using arcane power!
    Never really had a problem against mages till today, this one was not that skilled, for it had to blow EVERYTHING to kill me. It knew how to silence and spell steal... and deep freeze. The mage, + 3 mirror images, + its pet, while silenced, is bad.

It was pretty insane... guess it just got a few lucky crits in on me in my pvp gear? But yea, I got raped. No where to run, no LoS, it was a mile away, so I couldn't fear, spamming dispel on myself, guess he wanted the mobs there very badly...

Mage aren't beatable.
    Ice Block shedding our DoTs and (possibly) intercepting a Mind Blast + SW combo is too crippling.
    Then there's also the whole 'Lol I just spellstole your PW:S' thing.
    Not to mention the countless abilities a Mage has to reset the fight.

Any Shadow Priest will be extremely hard pressed to get a Mage down before either OOMing or dieing. Killing a good Mage just isn't possible.

Related note, my UI doesn't show my keybindings.

To the person above, the Priest has to stand still for 3 seconds to apply DoTs; 4.5 seconds if you include VE. If you freeze it while it's reapplying DoTs, it's stuck in your LoS for 4.5 (6 with VE) seconds. Even if it spams dispel on itself, it's not guaranteed that it will get the freeze on it's first cast. LoSing a Mage for prolonged periods of time is not possible unless the Mage is OOM or terrible. Even spamming dispels, you aren't guaranteed to remove the snares and roots. Deep Freeze is another issue, as well.

No Mage will blow CS on a Shadow spell, unless it's bad. It will save CS for once you're low or attempting to heal.
    Shielding yourself is dumb. It will be spell stolen, period.

Quote Originally Posted by zsuper
    Mage aren't beatable.
    Ice Block shedding our DoTs and (possibly) intercepting a Mind Blast + SW combo is too crippling.
    Then there's also the whole 'Lol I just spellstole your PW:S' thing.
    Not to mention the countless abilities a Mage has to reset the fight.

Any Shadow Priest will be extremely hard pressed to get a Mage down before either OOMing or dieing. Killing a good Mage just isn't possible.

Related note, my UI doesn't show my keybindings.

To the person above, the Priest has to stand still for 3 seconds to apply DoTs; 4.5 seconds if you include VE. If you freeze it while it's reapplying DoTs, it's stuck in your LoS for 4.5 (6 with VE) seconds. Even if it spams dispel on itself, it's not guaranteed that it will get the freeze on it's first cast. LoSing a Mage for prolonged periods of time is not possible unless the Mage is OOM or terrible. Even spamming dispels, you aren't guaranteed to remove the snares and roots. Deep Freeze is another issue, as well.

No Mage will blow CS on a Shadow spell, unless it's bad. It will save CS for once you're low or attempting to heal.
    Shielding yourself is dumb. It will be spell stolen, period.
    Thank you, what you say does make sense to me. This might sounds noobish, but I thought CS silenced ALL spells. Never knew that, after all this time. I was too caught up in tyring to farm eternal fires, and everytime it would mirror image, I would lose the target. It would make me frantic a little. This does make sense though, thanks for sharing.

Priests are the counter to Mages...
    I dont know what you have been doing

seriously, stop clicking, you just cant be as good as someone who uses keybindings. and pls clickers dont tell me this is bs, you. just. cant.
    specc pvp... "No i dont have silence but..". why are you even trying to beat a mage with pve specc

Quote Originally Posted by L2Keybind
    Ohhh butthurt, nice.

Yes. Do that first and you're half on your way to PvP correctly. Then maybe I'll "back my shit up".
    It does not affect my pvp whatsoever, keybinds, or clicking a healing spell, what will that do, save me .1 second?