Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: We will still get owned by mages?

Quote Originally Posted by emjay
    seriously, stop clicking, you just cant be as good as someone who uses keybindings. and pls clickers dont tell me this is bs, you. just. cant.
    specc pvp... "No i dont have silence but..". why are you even trying to beat a mage with pve specc
    Ok... I'll get key binds tomorrow? Never used them much exept on my friends account. Its a ret paladin.. so I guess its a must to have key bindings.

I know I have been stubborn not respecing pvp, and not using key binds, but what happened earlier was ridiculous. Guessing the fact it hit harder in pve gear, and I could touch it cause it blew all CD's was pissing me off. I just don't like those high crits it did to me in my pvp gear, I guess thats what set me off.

So now that Spriest got some buffs in pvp mages should suddenly become free hk's for spriests like back in vanilla wow? i don't think so. If you got skill you can beat a mage, if you don't...well i guess you die then.

Quote Originally Posted by L2Keybind
    Reroll PvE server and stop QQ.
    You expect to kill someone in PvP without a SINGLE keybind? LOLFAIL
    Yeah it is obvious how you got your pro PvP gear. So typical of Alliance to whine on forums about getting ganked on pvp server. Even though it's 1v1. If you lose to mage, only thing you can do is L2P. Lemme guess. Started WoW few months ago? Game is too hard for you :'( :'( :'(
    Because a PVE server would've totally prevented this. What moron doesn't realize that entering Wintergrasp instantly flags them? Cauldron of flames = Southeastern tip of Wintergrasp. Doesn't take a genius to figure that out. But it seems like you're less than average in the categories of reading comprehension and general intelligence.

Being properly specced, using the right skills at the right times, and having actual keybinds probably would've netted you more of a 50/50 chance, if not better. Especially since, as you stated, the mage was horrible. But due to your own faulty ability or judgement, you lost. Repeatedly. Coming to a fansite hoping to get tons of "Yes, they're OP!!!!231850618" really isn't going to get you anywhere. People here are, quite likely, far more brutal than those on the WoW forums as the WoW forum moderators give you a 1 week ban for even the most foolish of things. They really like tightening the leash.

Also, burst is a bit off the charts anyway. A lot of classes are insane burst wise, not just mages.
    Eshraem / Tiraka / Iaqalis / Izare / Sinzhetu / Daezek / Asri / Zelven / Tseta / Kisei / Rheasil

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    But hey, i'll let you spank the monkey whilst imagining rapists being boned by Bubba the anal destroyer - veteran of the poppers conflict.

You lost...to a mage. A mage in PvE gear. A mage that was so bad he CS'd your shadow tree. And apparently, a mage that only could crit you for 8k with a Frostbolt. Seriously, that means even his PvE gear isn't very good.

Dear lord you are terrible. And you deserve each and every death.

Step 1 - When you attempt to gank someone/whine about PvP, try to be in a PvP spec.
    Step 2 - Learn to keybind.
    Step 3 - Learn how to tell the difference between a mirror image and the mage. I'll give you a hint, the mage is the one with more then 2k hp.
    Step 4 - When he CS's your shadow tree, heal yourself. Duh?
    Step 5 - After he blows iceblock, simply reapply your dots. His CS is down. His block is down. He has no more defensive options.
    Step 6 - Realize that frost mages are built around shatter combos. He has to freeze you to do significant damage. So try...you know...dispelling his freezes? Its really not that hard. That's where keybinding would come in handy, so you dont have to click dispell over and over again.

Don't cry because OMG HE BLEW EVERY COOLDOWN AND I STOOD STILL, HOW DID HE WIN? Clearly you were outplayed by someone who was god aweful. Learn to PvP.

And whoever said that priests are a counter to mages is correct. They are not the only counter, or the most hard counter, but they are indeed a counter.

Quote Originally Posted by Illuvetar
    You lost...to a mage. A mage in PvE gear and spec. A mage that was so bad he CS'd your shadow tree. And apparently, a mage that only could crit you for 8k with a Frostbolt. Seriously, that means even his PvE gear isn't very good.

Step 1 - When you attempt to gank someone/whine about PvP, try to be in a PvP spec.
    Step 3 - Learn how to tell the difference between a mirror image and the mage. I'll give you a hint, the mage is the one with more then 2k hp.
    Step 5 - After he blows iceblock, simply reapply your dots. His CS is down. His block is down. He has no more defensive options.
    Step 6 - Realize that frost mages are built around shatter combos. He has to freeze you to do significant damage. So try...you know...dispelling his freezes? Its really not that hard. That's where keybinding would come in handy, so you dont have to click dispell over and over again.

Don't cry because OMG HE BLEW EVERY COOLDOWN AND I STOOD STILL, HOW DID HE WIN? Clearly you were outplayed by someone who was god aweful. Learn to PvP.

And whoever said that priests are a counter to mages is correct. They are not the only counter, or the most hard counter, but they are indeed a counter.
    Where the hell is this Frostfire Bolt you're all talking about?

Also, the strategy you listed only works on bad Mage. If you're CSing Shadow, you're doing something terribly wrong.

A Shadow Priest cannot kill a good Mage, period. If Mage Armor isn't an anti-Shadow Priest/Warlock ability, what is?

greenmasheen

Quote Originally Posted by bobyboucher
    so let me get this right....you got locked out of shadow spells and you didnt just start healing? As a mage if a priest can outlast my initial burst I could be boned in the long run! However if they stand there like a deer caught in headlights going " OMG MAGE ...OMG CS WUT TO DO" it's an easy blow the cd load win!

IMO you could have just used ooo I dunno decursive if ya got it and dispell the snare run los asap healup, toss back on shield, reaply your dots since he already blew his IB. There are so many things but if your trying to win fights by standing toe to toe with anyone I think you will get wtf owned with 700 resil or not! Dots, fear, heal, shield, embrace,etc! There is more to your class than your swp, mb, dvp, mindflay spam you use in raids!

and by looking at your combat log pretty sure that says Frostbolt and ice lance! Not sure what kind of mage tosses out 8k HITS and not CRITS but id guess arcane frost using arcane power!
    +1

Where the hell is this Frostfire Bolt you're all talking about?

Also, the strategy you listed only works on bad Mage. If you're CSing Shadow, you're doing something terribly wrong.

A Shadow Priest cannot kill a good Mage, period. If Mage Armor isn't an anti-Shadow Priest/Warlock ability, what is?
    Hi. I edited the post because I realized the OP was a moron, it was a frostbolt not a FFB. Read what you quoted.

Second, we already established that the mage DID CS his shadow tree, and therefore he was a bad mage. So yes, that strategy should have beat him.

And finally, no frost mage runs in mage armor. Ever. Hell, if he was just ganking, I wouldnt surprised if he was in molten, even though he should have been in frost.

Edit -
    A Shadow Priest cannot kill a good Mage, period.
    /facepalm.

greenmasheen

Quote Originally Posted by Illuvetar
    You lost...to a mage. A mage in PvE gear. A mage that was so bad he CS'd your shadow tree. And apparently, a mage that only could crit you for 8k with a Frostbolt. Seriously, that means even his PvE gear isn't very good.

mass dispell on ice block maybe?

and why do you have a blood elf priest in your sig?

Fail for L2Keybind....looks like he made a new account just to pretend his opinion matters.

Anyway, you're going to have trouble killing a mage at all not pvp specced. A properly timed silence with make or break your world PvP troubles.

Quote Originally Posted by greenmasheen
    mass dispell on ice block maybe?

and why do you have a blood elf priest in your sig?
    It sounded like this mage actually knew how to use his iceblock. He used it for a second to wipe his debuffs, then popped out. Thus, no point to MD.

And I dunno whats up with my sig -_-.

Quote Originally Posted by thantos
    I think mages will still have the upper hand, even with 15% magical damage reduced while in shadowform

Just a small photo of me in 702 resiliance gear, and in the combat log, says I got hit with a 8k frostfire and 2.5k ice lance, just a small part of the nukeage.

I was farming eternal fires in WG, when a mage comes out of nowhere, I get silenced, mage pops mirror image, mage pops Icy veins, mage ice blocks the dots I manage to put on it (SW:P and DP), I disperse, right when dispersion fades, I'm dead a few seconds later.

The mage repeatedly did this to me, same combo of attacks, since it takes three minutes to get back to the area, the mages CD's are back up. I do not suck at pvp, I can't even touch frost mage when it attacked me first. If I cast I'll get a 8 second silence, it will just ice block the dots off it, and I'll leave shadowform to heal, then I'm bursted down.

Anyone have any tips against frost mages? 700 resilience is all I can get atm, since I'm human I don't need a trinket.

Btw, I do not have my 5 second silence, and fear was worthless agianst it, since it either resisted it, or WOTF it.
    I'm pretty sure that says "Frostbolt" and NOT "Frostfire".

greenmasheen

fuck dude, i hardly pvp on my priest because its my pve char and im just too damn cheap to respec him every time i want to pvp on the weekends.

even I know how to win at mage vs priest.

even with the changes to blackout, we will still have the upper hand...

tl;dr

If the mage is undead, fear the elemental.

next time your shadow tree gets cs'd heal your self

pve mage have only IB (long cd if not frost) and blink (only for melee) as surv. abilities.
    i'm pve firemage, and can kill everyone if me trinket pops in same time with hot streak, just combostion and DB target, than cast fireball + pyroblast.
    soooo... if SP uses his trink and breaks my DB, fear/silence (fear because DB is shortrange, and if i runaway from him, i can't cast fireball)
    also, if my IB on cd - i will die, because 14k HP vs 20k SP's it's nothing (including that he don't need even to cast, just dot that hit's me for 2k in tick lol) after my IB, i got silence and get dotted again...
    l2p as shadowpriest, and stop crying about mage's, if you get pvned by frost w/h waterelem - you don't know how2dispel
    and about trinket, if you get poly'd, and he cast's something that can hit you for 10k and you didn't dispel it?
    and how you killing mob in WG and don't look for your back?
    and how mob not break sheep?
    if mage pve (not frost, frost - is pvp)
    what you sup. to trink? xD
    slow?
    frostnova?
    impact stun?
    oh realy i can't imagine
    if he frost, just dispel from him shields and than dot, if your shadow is silenced - heal and dispel freezes, by some manapot's, dispel FoF (you can use Power Auras addon for critical buffs)
    when he iceblock's bandage< and than he cancel it - silence and dot him, he can't heal (only pot's and stones from warlock) and you have 1min and ~40% mana to kill him, he can't defend himself anymore

Wow... I thought it was a complete 8 second silence.... seriously. Having holy keybinds can help me alot... I really could of bursted the mage down with a mind blast, and a SW. Dispelling its mana shield too.. All I used were Instant cast heals and attacks.... which is the reason the mage screwed me over. This is the first time this has ever happened to me. Never had a problem against a mage until this day, and possibly never again now that I know.

Btw, sometimes, when I go to silence a mage, it "resists" it, anyone know why?

Quote Originally Posted by thantos
    Wow... I thought it was a complete 8 second silence.... seriously. Having holy keybinds can help me alot... I really could of bursted the mage down with a mind blast, and a SW. Dispelling its mana shield too.. All I used were Instant cast heals and attacks.... which is the reason the mage screwed me over. This is the first time this has ever happened to me. Never had a problem against a mage until this day, and possibly never again now that I know.

Btw, sometimes, when I go to silence a mage, it "resists" it, anyone know why?
    80 shadowresist, nothing more...

As bad of a priest as the OP is, he is using keybindings, everyone who's replied saying he isn't just is not looking close enough (although I still only see 2 things keybound; his dispel macro and his cure macro are keybound). Your pvp gear means nothing really when he's frost. He will crit you, 50% chance to crit while novad = gfg. The 8k crit is somewhat low, but that's where your resil. showed up and reduced the mages crit damage.

Summing it all up; you ate a shatter combo from a PvE geared mage and can't figure out why you took so much damage. l2dispel.

Counterspell is an 8 second interrupt of the school he caught you casting in, however improved counterspell also adds a 4 second silence to all schools.

Also the reason the mage would resist a Silence is because in the second tier mages have a talent that increases their spell resistance by 1 point per level, so a lvl 80 mage would have 80 to all resists. For the nub that said he's dumb for using mage armor, you sir are a moron, 3% crit as frost isn't much, because he's almost guaranteed a crit as frost anyway, and frost armor doesn't help against spells; while using mage armor he's sitting around 140 to all resists.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivene
    As bad of a priest as the OP is, he is using keybindings, everyone who's replied saying he isn't just is not looking close enough (although I still only see 2 things keybound; his dispel macro and his cure macro are keybound). Your pvp gear means nothing really when he's frost. He will crit you, 50% chance to crit while novad = gfg. The 8k crit is somewhat low, but that's where your resil. showed up and reduced the mages crit damage.

Summing it all up; you ate a shatter combo from a PvE geared mage and can't figure out why you took so much damage. l2dispel.

Counterspell is an 8 second interrupt of the school he caught you casting in, however improved counterspell also adds a 4 second silence to all schools.

Also the reason the mage would resist a Silence is because in the second tier mages have a talent that increases their spell resistance by 1 point per level, so a lvl 80 mage would have 80 to all resists. For the nub that said he's dumb for using mage armor, you sir are a moron, 3% crit as frost isn't much, because he's almost guaranteed a crit as frost anyway, and frost armor doesn't help against spells; while using mage armor he's sitting around 140 to all resists.
    That would be great if said mage picked up Arcane Shielding...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrant
    That would be great if said mage picked up Arcane Shielding...

It's called magic absorption, second tier; l2read.