What's up with the Flying carpet mounts?

I have one on my priest, but I never use it becuase I look retarded to other people
    because my character's legs go thru it and hang down below, it dont look that that on my
    screen, but i see other people like that, anyone know if blizz knows about this? And is this
    happening on other servers? I'm on Velen.

Re: What's up with the Flying carpet mounts?

ugh, you guys are alot of help. :

Im just wondering if others are seeing this and if anyone knows if Blizz knows about this..

So needy...

Everytime I see someone on a carpet, they're sort of bent over. Maybe it's just you...

yes i see it like that aswell. agree..looks stupid

In mother Russia we say You dont like dont use....

Quote Originally Posted by tidus4eva
    I never see anyone on Vehicle mounts because:

a) They are absurd. Simply put, they are not necesary and bulky and an isore.
    b) Take too long to mount up
    c) Take too long to dismount
    d) The flying carpet specifically serves no more purpose than a drake or other type of flying mount, and is restricted by b and c above.
    e) Far too easy to obtain - therefore, non-unique (yes, that includes the ones that cost 15k or more)

On that call, understandably b and c are being abolished next patch, but that will make all mammoths identical (e)
    Flying Carpets are a normal flying mount. Not a vehicle.

That happens to me too. But I don't care so much as long as it doesn't look dumb to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenarius
    You sir, is a retard.

e) Far too easy to obtain - therefore, non-unique (yes, that includes the ones that cost 15k or more)
    Easy to obtain, but.. not a lot of tailors around these days. I see fewer carpets than I see gotr/hgotr protos :P

nice, thanks for the replies guys ;D

Anyone know if Blizz has recognized this glitch and is going to be corrected in 3.0.1?

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaze0zzy
    nice, thanks for the replies guys ;D

Anyone know if Blizz has recognized this glitch and is going to be corrected in 3.0.1?
    They're gonna leave it so that people keep crying, naturally.

I never see anyone on Vehicle mounts because:

a) They are absurd. Simply put, they are not necesary and bulky and an isore.
    b) Take too long to mount up
    c) Take too long to dismount
    d) The flying carpet specifically serves no more purpose than a drake or other type of flying mount, and is restricted by b and c above.

On that call, understandably b and c are being abolished next patch, but that will make all mammoths identical (e)
    WoW is serious business! You must weigh up any con and pro for your mount! Dont be a fool and take the one you like!
    Quote Originally Posted by IceyDevil
    So now the Norse are stealing ideas from Blizzard, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Ranor
    They're gonna leave it so that people keep crying, naturally.
    Im not crying about it man, im just curious, because i like that mount, thats all jeesh.

Quote Originally Posted by forumfail
    No, you must weigh the odds of how unique you will look for any given situation before mounting up!

GAWD I WANNA MOUNT YOUR MOM!!!!

hows that for unique?

Quote Originally Posted by MintMagic

GAWD I WANNA MOUNT YOUR MOM!!!!

hows that for unique?
    As unique as any reused joke on the internets.

^^^^

glad you cuaght on.

A flying carpet simply means you chose the wrong profession

when the carpets were initially added, everyone stood up on them (like the OP sees on his own screen), but they had some problems with the animation at some point, and on one of the patches, they changed it so that we see everyone else sitting on their carpet (with the legs sticking thru). I don't remember which patch did that, but it was around the same time as the patch that changed all mounts from vehicles back to mounts (though, I think it was slightly before).

Blizzard knows about this, and they've said iirc that at some point they want to fix it. but, as you can imagine, it's low priority.

Trust me, everyone sees it the same as the OP -- I was talking to another guildie of mine that noticed the same thing (we were both on our carpets, and he wondered why I was sitting).