Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Looking for my Ideal raidframes please help

I think that we should create a thread about Grid mods with descriptions :P
    I use Grid too, I like it and would love to customise it (don't know in which area yet hehe)
    Stop reading my sig, bro!

Nobody mentioned Xperl, it's easy to configure, but probably not as pretty or customizable as other mods. It does do its job very well though and has all of the features you listed as wanting, the fact that you can turn it on and pretty much just drag everything exactly where u want it then scale the size in 30 seconds makes it good imo. For a priest it will automatically turn the frame colors for disease/magic on people and will highlight red on anyone in the raid who is being targeted/attacked. The range finder will fade their frame out if out of range as well. I dunno I've been using Xperl forever and tried every other mod and never could get the feel for anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by kroze
    Nobody mentioned Xperl, it's easy to configure, but probably not as pretty or customizable as other mods. It does do its job very well though and has all of the features you listed as wanting, the fact that you can turn it on and pretty much just drag everything exactly where u want it then scale the size in 30 seconds makes it good imo. For a priest it will automatically turn the frame colors for disease/magic on people and will highlight red on anyone in the raid who is being targeted/attacked. The range finder will fade their frame out if out of range as well. I dunno I've been using Xperl forever and tried every other mod and never could get the feel for anything else.
    Same for me.

Can't get rid of X-Perl. It's easily configurable, can move any group anywhere in your screen, and have all the necessities for healers.

Gearscore: A new way to see who fail at their class. 'Cause itemization is too hard... You need d/n-umbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithip
    Same for me.

Can't get rid of X-Perl. It's easily configurable, can move any group anywhere in your screen, and have all the necessities for healers.
    What they said

alan9308

Quote Originally Posted by Vexione
    I'm not heal spec'd but even I use Grid, and it does all that as you can see: (Grid is lower right, next to meters)

If I want to see the full list of buffs or debuffs on a target, all I do is mouse-over either the target or that person's Grid frame and as shown on screenshot, my tooltip shows them. Saves LOTS of screen space, shows incoming heals, buff/debuff icons, built in range, etc. You can make the grid frames bigger/wider to display more buffs/debuffs etc, but I just like it compact.

Another sample:

You can see range (out of range = grayed out), incoming heals (green text), debuff icon (that icon is for curse, I think), etc.

However bottom line: It's all personal preference. If you prefer to attach stuff into your main raid frames, then go for it
    hey what addons ur using? its a really nice UI

Take a look at an addon called perfectraid

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=4673

it matches all your criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart
    Grid has layout for 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40 man raid WITH Pets also.

GridIndicatorSideIcons allows you to have 6 different icons on the selected player frame, monitoring Buffs, Debuffs, Incoming Heals, Aggro, etc.
    As I said on the 1st page, people just need to know how to use Grid, unfortunately you do not know how to
    Grid isn't quickly changeable with a preset drop-down skin. To change Grid, you need to go deep into cascading menus and I do prefer different healing interfaces with 5, 10, 25/40.

Does Grid have a buff check for a player that was recently rezzed? I have smartbuff for things like that but Healbot offers a healthy list with configurable timers on those buffs. I have not seen that in Grid.

Healbot is an all-in-one addon and Grid has multiple modules that need to be installed. I don't want to make this out to be a Healbot vs Grid thing but Grid is a nice general frame addon that has capable healing frames whereas Healbot is a nice healing frame addon. Grid just isn't as easy to setup, change, or reconfigure on the fly like Healbot. But w/e floats your boat. Thats why there are diff addons.

Grid > All by far

Yes you need to download an additional 5-6 modules for grid.
    Yes your first impression once you see the configuration menu will be "OMGWTF...am I supposed to be a rocket scientist?".

It will take you about 2-3 hours to learn how to customise it to your needs...but really thats it.
    You just need to dedicate those few hours and you have the most powerfull healing tool ever.

Yes its not plug n play like healbot. But it has endless customisation...which really needs just a few hours dedication.

Grid IS quickly interchangable...and you dont need to go deep into menus, its on the first menu-tier called "Layout"...3 seconds.

You can basically do everything with it...and after the 2-3 hours of practice...it is extremely easy to do whatever you want with it.

15+ Year Old Account

i use pitbull, i can read the buffs/debuffs and whats happening at the time better with pitbull than i could when i used grid and i personally find its much more configureable once you spend a bit of time setting it up for the first time.

My favorite is sRaidFrames without border. Only problem is it won't show unless you're in a raid. I want them as party frames aswell.
    Deja Moo - The feeling you've heard this bullshit before.
    It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Then its fun and games but you can't see.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos-
    i use pitbull, i can read the buffs/debuffs and whats happening at the time better with pitbull than i could when i used grid and i personally find its much more configureable once you spend a bit of time setting it up for the first time.

How did you get those 3 frames (you, target, target of target) to show portraits inside the nameframe in pitbull? That looks sweet.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

15+ Year Old Account

Go to player/target/target of target etc
    -> Other -> Portrait -> Second from the bottom of options should be "Side", set that to "Center", then change the "Height" option to take up as much of the bar as you want.

15+ Year Old Account

Go to player/target/target of target etc
    -> Other -> Portrait -> Second from the bottom of options should be "Side", set that to "Center", then change the "Height" option to take up as much of the bar as you want.
    Thanks for the tip, I shall try that at home today. Did you crop the portrait somehow then, or does pitbull that automatically? Because when I had portraits shown to the left of the hp/mana bar, it always was the whole face and neck, not like you have it: only showing the eyes which looks great imho.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

15+ Year Old Account

Pitbull will do it auto, when you set it up as center at full height it'll pretty much show the nose of the character up to their forehead

vexione you have an UI i would have manage to realize

please can you post a list of mods?

i suppose
    grid + all adds
    bartender 4
    AGUF (as for unitframe and so on in the sup corner left)
    but for the tooltip of th hunter in the corner down right? whats that?
    dotimer for your rotation on the left and bigwigs revamped by yourself on the rightside?

do you have bars for daily life that vanish in raid or in combat?

i try to have a UI very clean but it's still more chaotic than yours... please help us to improve^^
    http://sigs.guildlaunch.net/wsig.php/4949404cSFea.png

Healbot > Grid

-all in one addon-not 8 diffent mods using more memory
    -easier to setup/customize
    -spell timer icons are cleaner
    -less overhealing due to more control from timer info

** get your self a logitech g5 mouse and keybind all your healing buttons including oh shit emergency spells/macros to your mouse and top meters.

You know, the whole Healbot vs. Grid vs. Pitbull vs. Xperl, etc. thing is just getting tired. Each has good things and bad things, but almost all of them provide everything a healer needs to perform well. Some like a simpler setup, some like to tweak the heck out of things. Some people like icons, some like indicators. The vast majority of these discussions end up being based on antiquated perceptions or misinformation. A lot of the things I've seen said that Healbot can't do, it can (eg, custom debuffs, combat log health updates, HoT tracking, etc.). A lot of things people say grid can't do, it can (there's a plug-in for just about anything you can imagine). The vast majority of differences comes down to aesthetics.

So why don't we not turn this thread into that argument and try to present useful information to the OP. For instance, Healbot comes pre-packaged and is usable right after installing it, it's simple to configure, uses icons, but uses a lot of real estate, and is visually unappalling. Meanwhile, Grid needs more configuration and needs plug-ins and other mods (like clique) to give it the same functionality Healbot has out of the box, but it has a lot more configuration options, allows you to choose icons or indicators, and is visually more appealling. Both have custom debuffs, both have skins, both have quick health updates, both are usable with click healing/cleansing/buffing, both show incoming heals, both have range checking, etc.

My advice is, try the various recommendations here, and see what works for you. When you find one that is close, you can ask pointed questions and see if it's doable with that add-on and, if not, if you want to switch to one that can do that.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by DirkyD
    Take a look at an addon called perfectraid

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=4673

it matches all your criteria.
    been using perfectraid since early BC and I love it, minimal and fantastic

Amazing UI, could you please list all the addons you use? I would love to make mine look like this

Those Unitframes look very nice, I must admit.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.