Thread: Ret macros

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted

Re: Ret macros

Quote Originally Posted by oglaigh
    gaygirlies reading comprehension has increased by 1 point.
    Only 1 measly point? Darn, gotta keep practicing then :P

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Anderthel
    I use Parrot personally for my scrolling combat text and it allows you to set a sound effect for a particular CD or proc. I use one for art of war so i never have to look at the buffs and immediately hit FoL. But other than that its tough to macro a rotation for ret. Especially since every time you move you are basically resetting your rotation
    I disagree with that. You have no debuffs to cast on the mob, so no matter which ability you use it always does the same damage. Try with a warlock; atleast as destruction you will need to have immolate ticking at all times, and until 3.1 you will also need to have CoA or Corruption ticking for Molten Core buff. That means every time you change targets you will have to waste atleast 3 seconds before you can actually start your rotation :P

And I think MSBT allows you to set sound effects, too, though I've never tried it. I use MSBT to see the incoming and outgoing damage/healing, I have no trouble noticing any abilities proccing even without MSBT

EDIT: /msbt -> Triggers, click on the one you want to modify and choose the sound-effect you want it to play

15+ Year Old Account

For Ret there are not really any you need to watch for, correct. I was referring to the add-on topic and the fact he is the raid leader and its tough to keep an eye on everything while trying to do dps. Holy pallies would benefit a little more since a few spells are altered based on whether other things are currently cast on the target, more specifically sacred shield on the tank for healing crits.

Quote Originally Posted by GayGirlie
    Only 1 measly point? Darn, gotta keep practicing then :P
    haha i was trying to keep it in line with wow quote, but when i got to the everyone else part, i felt a one point drop wasnt enough

Quote Originally Posted by Anderthel
    For Ret there are not really any you need to watch for, correct. I was referring to the add-on topic and the fact he is the raid leader and its tough to keep an eye on everything while trying to do dps. Holy pallies would benefit a little more since a few spells are altered based on whether other things are currently cast on the target, more specifically sacred shield on the tank for healing crits.
    The CD's i'm looking for the addon warnings from are my basic attacks (judge,cs,ds,etc) so I don't drop my rotation too often
    Quote Originally Posted by forumfail
    The ensuing debate is so exciting and necessary that I can't stop punching myself in the dick

The only macro a ret paladin needs is

/r No thanks, I don't want to tank or heal your heroic

Also Ghost pulse flashes a customisable (size/position/duration) icon up on the screen when abilities/trinkets come off cooldown, don't know if it still works as its been a while since I used it

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...hostPulse.html

Heres what I use for trash and when I dont feel like watching cooldowns. Just mash over and over.

/startattack
    /castrandom Divine Plea, Avenging Wrath, Hammer of Wrath
    /castsequence reset=combat/10 Crusader Strike, Judgement of Wisdom, Divine Storm, Crusader Strike, Judgement of Wisdom, Crusader Strike, Divine Storm

Manually weave in consecration, there is a 1-2 sec lull at some points.

NOT AT ALL OPTIMAL with popping AW and DP, but automatically Hammers for you.
    That will get you about 90ish%+ dps equiv of optimal cooldown watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleusia
    The only macro a ret paladin needs is

/r No thanks, I don't want to tank or heal your heroic

lol i like that

Quote Originally Posted by blinz
    Heres what I use for trash and when I dont feel like watching cooldowns. Just mash over and over.

/startattack
    /castrandom Divine Plea, Avenging Wrath, Hammer of Wrath
    /castsequence reset=combat/10 Crusader Strike, Judgement of Wisdom, Divine Storm, Crusader Strike, Judgement of Wisdom, Crusader Strike, Divine Storm

Manually weave in consecration, there is a 1-2 sec lull at some points.

NOT AT ALL OPTIMAL with popping AW and DP, but automatically Hammers for you.
    That will get you about 90ish%+ dps equiv of optimal cooldown watching.
    This is exactly the idea. I need to be able to DPS efficiently without staring at my buttons or slamming my hand against 1-5..
    The ensuing debate is so exciting and necessary that I can't stop punching myself in the dick

15+ Year Old Account

The best suggestion, and since I do not know your complete raid make-up, is to make a raid assist who is competent, such as a trash tank or ranged DPS who can watch the other things while you focus on DPS and just worry about the higher level RL functions such as loot and discipline problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Circumstance
    I dont want the macro for every fight. There's no reason for me to gimp DPS on a fight like Patchwerk. But there's no reason for me to gimp my DPS in a fight like 3D where I can't stare at my CD's the entire fight.

HERE'S an idea! I've seen an addon several times that when a CD comes back up, it flashes the ability in the middle of your screen. Anyone know the name of the addon?
    Try POWA, it will give you the option to flash icons anywhere on your screen.

I use it on my warrior for S&B procs, and my Paladin for Art of war procs. Also can be used to see when a buff drops off you and its time to rebuff or when an ability is available.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...s-classic.aspx

Hope that helps you

This is exactly the idea. I need to be able to DPS efficiently without staring at my buttons or slamming my hand against 1-5..
    Glad I could help. I've got a similar set for FFB Mage, Shadow Priest, Prot Pally, and Huntard if you want. Hit a PM and we can chat if you need. Not the right forum for those

/castsequence Judgment of Wisdom, Divine Storm, Consecration, Crusader Strike, Judgment of Wisdom, Crusader Strike, Divine Storm, Consecration, Judgment of Wisdom, Crusader Strike

This resets itself every 3 judgments. Ideally you want to use judgment as soon as its off CD and if a GCD from another spell prevents you from using judgement, wait for judgement to come off then cast the next spell. This cast sequence doesn't follow the above rule. The 3rd judgement is delayed by one second by consecration.

Instead of 3 judgments every 21 seconds you get them every 22 seconds. You lose 5% of your judgement dps and gain 7% damage of consecration, compared to FCFS (due to not delaying it for judgment).

This rotation excludes HoW, exorcism, and Holy Wrath. Good for your 3D fun times. Just throw a HoW after Judgment is cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    Not related to the OP..

i don't understand how people ca ask for all these macros and cry the game is too easy.. you can make it so your whole rotation can be done by hitting 1 over and over.. (i think idk i dont use macros).

I can see it being a raid leader, it's sad your a ret pally and a raid leader lol, I figured generally it's a job for ranged classes who can watch over everyone easier since generally ranged don't have to deal with AoE damage and stuff.
    i kinda agree

i dont think there is any ret macro
    *there are general pally macros*
    but no ret macros
    we dont need it
    you shouldnt need it
    *its not that complicated doing dps*
    keeping up full dps while doing some support is what i find a lil hard
    *mainly targeting ppl not in my party
    but almost never happens these days
    no im not always gonna put in a lot of thought when i post
    and not all my posts are serious/true

Quote Originally Posted by archform
    i kinda agree

i dont think there is any ret macro
    *there are general pally macros*
    but no ret macros
    we dont need it
    you shouldnt need it
    *its not that complicated doing dps*
    keeping up full dps while doing some support is what i find a lil hard
    *mainly targeting ppl not in my party
    but almost never happens these days
    What is the tally up to on people who haven't read past the 2nd post?

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Code:
    /castrandom Judgement of Wisdom, Crusader Strike, Divine Storm, Exorcism, Consecration, Holy Wrath
    /thread

What is the tally up to on people who haven't read past the 2nd post?
    prolly 80% of ppl who started reading

*i treat other ppls thread how mine was treated :P
    no im not always gonna put in a lot of thought when i post
    and not all my posts are serious/true

guys im plaing for ret near 6mth and searched good macro, finaly i anderstand 1 true thing, all
    /castrandom or /castsequence macroses with 1 2 3 4 5 skills in line cant do good dps! and im using now binds like:
    1 2 3 UP mouse button
    /castsequence reset=6 divine storm exorcism AOE
    any judjment, crusader strike

using first coming one and all, medium dps 5000 on patchwerk, 7000 on Taddius

#showtooltip
    /stopcasting
    /cast Divine Shield

#showtooltip X
    /cast [mod:SELFCAST,target=player][nomod,help,target=target][nomod,help,target=mouseover][nomod,help,target=targettarget] X
    X = Cleanse, Hand of Freedom, Hand of Protection, Sacred Shield, Flash of Light, Holy Light, Blessing of Might, Blessing of Wisdom...

#showtooltip
    /startattack
    /castrandom Divine Storm, Crusader Strike

#showtooltip
    /startattack
    /cast Judgement of

/#showtooltip
    /castrandom Hammer of Wrath, Exorcism
    This work great in the 3.1

/focus
    /targetlasttarget

#showtooltip Repetance
    /cast [mod:alt,harm,target=focus][nomod,harm,target=target] Repetance

#showtooltip Hammer of Justice
    /cast [mod:alt,harm,target=focus][nomod,harm,target=target] Hammer of Justice

#showtooltip Turn Evil
    /cast [mod:alt,target=gargoyle][nomod,target=target] Turn Evil