Where to start from?

Hey hey.

Im a fresh lvl80 and looking forward to get myself some decent gear since im still sporting in my lvl 70 welfare pvp epics. I've started working on my proffs to get some items from there but what i really want to know is what dungeons are accessable (spelling?) for my level of gear?

Oh and im a mage :>

Re: Where to start from?

lvl 80 non heroic instances, easy heroics, crafted stuff, and if you don't mind, pvp

also if you are someone who plays plays alot and could commit to a schedule, a guild willl help you out alot. a casual guild will run raids and heroics when they have the ppl or when the GM feels like it and a more serious guild will run on certian days at certian times. they can help you gear, but you are responsible for finding/ learning the mechanics of your class, finding the best spec, and using the best rotation for your spec (the last two you will need to look up or learn from somebody in your guild).

THUNDERCATS HO!!!!!!!!!

Just about any dungeon in WoTLK has the potential to get you upgrades. I highly suggest doing as many as you can on normal mode 1st. If not for gear then to learn the encounters. I took a good bit of work to get my mage prepped for Heroics. I started with as many crafted items as possible Ebonweave hands and chest, Hat of Wintery Doom, Spellshock neck and ring, most of the higher blues out of Icecrown.
    Need about 1500 spell power 150 hit rating and whatever haste you can get would not be bad to have to start with. You want to be able to pull about 1600-1700 dps to not get potentially booted from party. 2k dps is optimal.
    Small note on Haste. It seems like it does nothing till you get to about 300 rating or what ever 10% is but once over that hump I could really see the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeiss
    Need about 1500 spell power 150 hit rating and whatever haste you can get would not be bad to have to start with. You want to be able to pull about 1600-1700 dps to not get potentially booted from party. 2k dps is optimal.
    This is terrible advice. You really need very little hit rating to go into a heroic, your chance to miss on a level 72 mob is only 6%. If you're a properly specced arcane mage, you have 6% from talents, and it's 26.x hit rating per % to hit. So if you were full fire with no hit talents, yes you might need close to 150 (158 is cap with no talents vs level 82 mob). Even with decent quest gear and some crafted, you should be able to put out over 1800 DPS, and avoid being kicked.

you are a dps class... you can go into naxx with a pug/guild and get upgrades and tier gear right away.....

now if you were a tank or a healer, then you will probably need to go the hard way....

quests/crafted -> instances -> heroics/crafted epics-> reputation/sarth/Vault -> Naxx -> EoE
    It's just a game.

I would honestly just test my luck trying to get into heroics. Even when my dk just hit 80 i jumped right into heroics with no problem and we cleared them easily each day. Perhaps you can even make some good friends and work your way into some naxx 10 runs. Finding a raiding guild is also a good option. If you show them you can dedicate the time and effort i am sure they will overlook your gear.

Cylon's Warcraft Blog - News, guides and more! Come join my community.