test server enhancement pve damage

Hello everyone!

I'm trying to get some info how well enhancement shamans(pve) are performing on the test server right now. Are we close to keep up the damage with DK:s, warriors etc.?
    Are you stacking armor penetration or is it AP-gems and AP-food still the way to go?

Deleted

Re: test server enhancement pve damage

Nothing much has changed, Armour Pen is pretty much where it was due to how its all changed around. Haste slightly more important but not hugely so. Major changes are less expertise needed to cap with UR talent, slow/slow weapons back in front with FT on OH changes.

Ok, thanks for the info. I'm thinking about going more towards armor penetration. I'm entering next patch with best in slot gear so I'm thinking about changing my Attackpower gems with Armor penetration. I know I should try this in the simulator but havent installed it yet. Have someone else done the math already?

thanks for you help!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Sanoj
    Ok, thanks for the info. I'm thinking about going more towards armor penetration. I'm entering next patch with best in slot gear so I'm thinking about changing my Attackpower gems with Armor penetration. I know I should try this in the simulator but havent installed it yet. Have someone else done the math already?

thanks for you help!
    If you gem for Armour penetration you are an idiot. It is way way poorer stat for stat than Attackpower. This is due to boss armour being reduced from 13083 to 10645. ie: roughly 20% less armour. So the 25% boost to Armour Penetration rating is purely to compensate for this change in boss armour as Armour Penetration rating reduces armour by a percentage.

So if you had 200 ArP that gave 200/15.39529991 = 13% armour reduction or .13*13083 = 1700 armour reduced. In patch 3.1 200 ArP gives 200/(15.39529991/1.25) = 16.24% armour reduction or .1624 * 10645 = 1728 armour reduced. ie: practically no difference at all.

The nett effect is a 1.68% buff to Armour Penetration rating ie: no where near enough to make Armour Penetration an attractive statistic to gem for.