Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: 3d 10 Caster Zerg group

stop suggesting people bring FF mages. FF=frostfire. frostfire=lower DPS than arcane and fireball.
    BfA Beta Time

I'm thinking you'd probably want a Demonic Pact lock in there since with >2800 SP it overwrites totem of wrath, and Bloodlusted meta is some pretty damn nice burst on a fight like that even if affliction beats it currently on most everything. Just the immo aura alone would probably take out most of the adds.

Though we did not have a successful kill (it was getting late), we did it without a feral druid. The setup was:

Prot paladin
    Disc Priest
    Ret Paladin
    2x Hunter
    Fury warrior
    Enh Shaman
    2x Ele shaman
    Unholy DK

We had lots of <10% attempts, but something always managed to fuck us up. I as the ret paladin did the kiting and I do beleive i do it better than a feral druid because I taunted, ran then bubbled, taunted again buying lots of time. Something always happened sub 15% like tank getting the melee breathed or something tho...Anyway, you can do this with just about any setup i believe. The feral druid may be better because they can taunt then run and barksin/survival and just atnk him for a few seconds, but a ret paladin can do something pretty similar.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

We were close last night as well, stuff kept messing us up. Very doable if you can get all dps over 4.5k. Bringing more arcane mages will make it easier.
    Whole
    US-Nathrezim Horde

Another thought someone in our run had was what if we got tenebron down to 10%, then went and pulled sarth. Has anyone tried anything like this yet?
    Whole
    US-Nathrezim Horde

Quote Originally Posted by Whole
    Another thought someone in our run had was what if we got tenebron down to 10%, then went and pulled sarth. Has anyone tried anything like this yet?
    All the drakes have their health reset once you engage Sartharion.

Tried it earlier, threat is an issue so you'll want to bring at least 1 rogue, who will be doing very little damage due to lacking buffs. Also, a hunter could be an option, but he'd lack buffs as well.

But, we managed to get him quite close regardless. (Think best go was 11% with 2 deaths)
    Be sure to stack a good few arcane mages and it should be doable.

How do caster groups deal with the enraged tenebron? just cooldown pop and hope for the best?

We bring 1 moonkin who switches to bearform and taunts it then runs off.

Tank+healer
    Ele sham
    Boomkin
    5 arc mages
    1 ttw mage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6lQ_2rzCgA

Mixed group, mostly caster.

Quote Originally Posted by Mica
    destro lock (replenishment)
    I don't think they are doing this on the PTR.

I think the reason why they used a ton of plate is because they didn't have to worry about the adds killing ppl, everyone just aoe zerged em while killing the boss.
    This is why they had a competent protection paladin to keep the adds off of people to start with.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21
    2nd and even more pressing is lack of a 2nd tank. The 2nd tank is needed to kite tenebron away from the raid to avoid the crazy enrage on the drakes.
    Silly poster, did you forget that the best kiter in this entire game for the last 4 years has been hands down the frost mage. I honestly think a frost mage could kite the drakes away better than the off tank could and kite him in circles the entire fight until Satharion died.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    Silly poster, did you forget that the best kiter in this entire game for the last 4 years has been hands down the frost mage. I honestly think a frost mage could kite the drakes away better than the off tank could and kite him in circles the entire fight until Satharion died.
    I would think most of the drakes would be pretty much immune to slows and roots. Im guessing the reason for a feral is that not only does he have 20k more health and as thus can take a couiple of hits, but he can also switch to cat, sprint and be gone, then go to cheetah

But if you're such a bad ass frost mage, or know one, go for it, let us know how it works out for ya...

ive never had any issues doing sarth+3 as resto or ele, with a caster stacked or melee stacked group...

wth?

Just killed tonight

Pally Tank
    2 Mages
    2 locks
    1 SP
    1 Boomkin
    1 Ele shaman
    1 Resto shaman
    1 hunter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjv8z6tolIw

As full a caster group as you can get afaik?

We did it last night.

Setup:
    3 x DK ( 1 x blood and 2 x unholy )
    2 x Rogue
    1 x War Fury
    1 x Ret
    1 x Lock
    1 x Resto Shaman
    1 x Feral tank

77 seconds.

http://web.neverapart.se/%7Ematija/Pic/77sec.jpg
    http://www.excesse-guild.com/

did it yesterday night.
    1 x Paladin prot
    2 x Dk (1 blood 1 unholy)
    2 x War fury
    1 x Retri
    1 x Rogue muti
    1 x Feral Druid
    1 x Resto Shaman
    1 x Enha Shaman

73 seconds
    i've only this pic
    http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/8546/...0609222251.jpg
    that recount shows the whole damage, even 10 seconds later sartharion's death, so it's not the effective dps on the drake

Deleted

'10 Caster zerg group'

Retri, rogue, enha 3xdk - i think you missed the point of the topic...

i know but i don't want to open any other useless thread