Focused Will Effect

I'm leveling a priest , 77 atm, and i've been trying to come up with nice specs for discipline healer, since thats what i'm aiming for, a disc priest PvE.

One thing that intrigues me is that i never see the Focused Will talent in any of the specs i've checked. I know that Focused Will is a PvP talent but wouldnt it be also helpfull for disc PvE? As i interpret the talent, it gives you +3% crit chance.

Can anyone comment on this? Am i reading the talent wrongly?

Thank you

Re: Focused Will Effect

the +3% crit is coming in 3.1

until then it's useless for disc pve

15+ Year Old Account

Indeed this will change in 3.1

Also it's nicely budgeted, 3% crit for 3 talent points is normal, especially because focused will has a rather huge pvp "sideeffect".

But the problem is that the disc tree is already bloated like hell from T3/4 on down, so there aren't really enough talent points to get everything.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Deleted

Actually with mental agility, enlightenment and rapture reduced from 5 to 3 points, that gives us 6 free points, just enough for focused will and improved flash heal.

Edit: At the moment it is not possible to get focused will, but it will be in 3.1 (from a pve point of view)

I think it's pvp disc that's bloated really. In pve you will get everything you want with the 3.1 cookie-cutter, but the pvp spec is just horrible. What other classes wouldn't take a talent like Improved Power Word:Fortitude for pvp? Pvp shamans pick up their Inspiration clone. What about Spellwarding? Absolution? You don't have points to even consider any of those as disc, and you still have to make tough decisions about what other talents to pass up.

My favorite idea (which originated from another player here in a thread that I can't find now) would be to move Martyrdom to tier 1 (by reducing Unbreakable Will to 3 points) and add a 3-point PvE talent in its place, or to move Absolution there and turn it into more of a PvE talent. Absolution does feel pretty weak next to Mental Agility now anyway, and I have no idea how to ever find the points for both.

That change would accomplish forcing PvE discipline specs to make at least some choices (holy specs have precisely the right amount of flexibility I think), and the new/moved talent could be something useful for holy priests who want to go more than 14 points into discipline without having to pick fillers like Improved Power Word:Shield and Absolution (preferably without competing too hard with the deep holy talents). And of course it would reduce the pvp bloat by 2 points.

This will be my PvE spec... gets everything I need too o.O

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...0&version=9757

Would this not be the best PVE disc spec for 3.1?

I dont have a priest of my own but i do like to mess around with other class' specs ;D
    not sure where you would get the points for focused will in a spec like ^^^

P.S. forgive me if not having DP is total fail :-X
    Game Mechanics Enthusiast. :P

I'll roll with that spec if there is alot of dispelling etc to do in ulduar. If not I'll go with IF and DP.

Gearscore: A new way to see who fail at their class. 'Cause itemization is too hard... You need d/n-umbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilla
    Would this not be the best PVE disc spec for 3.1?

I dont have a priest of my own but i do like to mess around with other class' specs ;D
    not sure where you would get the points for focused will in a spec like ^^^

P.S. forgive me if not having DP is total fail :-X
    Improved Inner Fire gives you more spellpower, so it beats Silent Resolve for PvE.

Aspiration takes 1.6 seconds off the (glyphed) Penance cooldown, so I wouldn't pass it up. You could skip a point in Improved Renew for 1/2 Aspiration, for the other point you'd need to drop one from Grace or Improved Healing I'd say.

Otherwise you created a solid disc spec, especially for someone who uses Greater Heal a lot.

I think I'll try 57/14 first though.