embrace of the spider vs sundial of the exiled

ok i picked up dying curse on wednesday which was an absolute godsend to my hit rating. the only problem i have now is which trinket to pair with it. i haven't been able to get the illustration of the dragon soul yet

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...gun&n=Rhiannan

Deleted

Re: embrace of the spider vs sundial of the exiled

sundial imo.

Brudish

my mage uses sun dial and dying curse - id say the same for yourself.

i'd say sundial

sundial has 590sp for 10s (every 45 due to cd), which works out to be ~131sp over time. which is greater than embrace.

sundial has crit which scales better than haste (or a haste proc, IE embrace) ecspecially once you reach the necessary haste to get 2 mindflays done during a MB cd.

Also, while dying curse is a godsend, keep in mind that spriest hit-cap is 11%, and you are only at 10.14, leaving you almost 1% below cap (per your current armory). Unless you always have a draenei in your raids, you might want to drop a hit gem into your gear.

then again if draenei are anything like belfs....you have a bout 2 dozen in a 25m raid and therefore are over hit cap, grats!

i gear around the draenei hit cap due to the fact that i'm 95% of the in a group with a draenei shadow priest and/or hunter.

with the gear i have now, i get very slightly better with embrace. but the difference is maybe 20-30 dps over 5 ish minutes with no buffs.

You have plenty of crit. Actually, you should resocket your crit gems to 19 sp, socket bonuses rly kind of suck for spriests. If i were you, even though sundial is rated as a higher dps trinket, id go w/ embrace.

Imo depend of fight, trash sundial, fights like 3D spider.

Um ok on gothik's cowl

If I use 19 sp I lose the socket bonus. Leaving it at only 19 pp increase off of shadowpriest.com

1crit=.7 pp a 9sp/8crit gem=14.6 pp but you add in the socket bonus of another +8 crit it comes out to 20.2 pp
    from the scaling coefficient's page on shadowpriest.com

1 crit=.62 pp from the brga page and its come out to 18.92 if you use that value for crit. Slightly less than a +19 sp gem but nothing drastic.

on my other yellow socket in heigan's robe, if turn that into a +19 gem
    1. i lose the socket bonus
    2. i can't make the other gem a +19 gem or i lose my meta.
    3. what i have comes out to be about a +5 ish pp increase. over 1 red/1 blue.

I could possibly improve (barely) by putting 2 reds in heigan's robe and a red/blue in leggings of mortal arragonce to get that socket bonus but i'm not going to because it's not really worth worrying over 1-2 dps.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by rhiannan
    Um ok on gothik's cowl

If I use 19 sp I lose the socket bonus. Leaving it at only 19 pp increase off of shadowpriest.com

1crit=.7 pp a 9sp/8crit gem=14.6 pp but you add in the socket bonus of another +8 crit it comes out to 20.2 pp
    from the scaling coefficient's page on shadowpriest.com

1 crit=.62 pp from the brga page and its come out to 18.92 if you use that value for crit. Slightly less than a +19 sp gem but nothing drastic.

on my other yellow socket in heigan's robe, if turn that into a +19 gem
    1. i lose the socket bonus
    2. i can't make the other gem a +19 gem or i lose my meta.
    3. what i have comes out to be about a +5 ish pp increase. over 1 red/1 blue.

I could possibly improve (barely) by putting 2 reds in heigan's robe and a red/blue in leggings of mortal arragonce to get that socket bonus but i'm not going to because it's not really worth worrying over 1-2 dps.
    That's exactly why jewelcrafting is overpowered like it is: Heigans Putrid Robe + 2x32 SP gems + 7SP socket bonus = profit.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

http://shadowpriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=16992

:<

I'm good at posting links to people who know stuff like that
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

i'm not a jc obviously the traditional enchanting/tailoring.

if i was maxing out from my professions i'd obviously go jc/tailoring next patch. the problem is i like being able to do my own enchants, and if i do drop enchanting i'd need to bring up an inscriptionist/enchanter and quite frankly i don't have the time to do this.

10+ Year Old Account

Sundial is better in theory, but imo it's also much much better in practice. The haste proc on Embrace of the Spider is kind of annoying when you're trying to keep DoT uptime as high as possible without clipping the last tick.

And Ferrion I personally don't see the big fuss, one discussion is about shamans, one is about priests. All trinkets are not necessarily equally good for different casters. :P

the shaman thread was a rehashed thread from 2 months that got dug up today. i posted this back on thursday-friday. no way i'm gonna go back and search every freaking forum for a thread that at the time got no responses at that time and is not my class.

also using rawr it seems that due to the amount of haste i have it favors embrace of the spider.