Protection threat rotation come 3.1

I've been messin around with the glyph of consecration and it definitly complicates things in a standard 9696 rotation, it leaves you with no button to press because everything is on cooldown, but it seems that since exorcism will become useable on all targets we can throw that in during the situations where everything else is on cd.

This is purely speculating about possibly startin to use the glyph consistently come 3.1. Thoughts?

Re: Protection threat rotation come 3.1

Exo will most likely go in every other judgment. Assuming you're not using the badge libram (most people probably will).

Unless exo is vastly superior to the abilities that we already use, I won't bother trying to fit it in to a rotation. In my mind it's just another ranged aggro tool like the captain america shield throw.

I never said I didn't like it, I'm just not going out of my way to fit it into my rotation when the standard spells in the rotation are superior.

I meant for this topic to debate the benefit of using the consecration glyph since it increases the duration while freeing up an extra GCD which i thought that EXO would fit perfect in. =p

Except that by getting the consecrate glyph, you end up with wasted GCDs, which means lost threat. 969 is still superior from a purely threat standpoint.

You might be thinking of the 8/10 rotation. Analysis done by Knaughty farther down in the thread just linked, shown to be inferior to 96969.

Something brought up recently; if people replace the badge libram with the Ulduar-drop, then they won't rely on judgements to increase the block value, and so can rotate it out for exorcism. Don't know if it's a tps gain, but it'd me minor, tops.
    I stream many games! WoW, SC2, TF2, old SNES games and mods, and many more! Find my stream here! I also upload many of my stream VODs and many offline recordings (usually of SC2 casts) to my YouTube, found here!. Follow, subscribe, and thanks!

personally i'm only gonna use it for extra threat when pulling.

Even in naxx right now i don't really use exorcism alot on undead bosses since sticking to the 96969 rotation gives out slightly more threat than breaking the rotation to fit a skill (was seen in WWS comparison).

the only way i would see it happening is if I had exorcism glyph and sanctitiy of battle making my exo damage alot greater than a 5stack SoV judgement, but there are better glyphs out there.

Quote Originally Posted by rikken
    I meant for this topic to debate the benefit of using the consecration glyph since it increases the duration while freeing up an extra GCD which i thought that EXO would fit perfect in. =p
    The consecration glyph does not increase TPS.