Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Feral Tanks :: Crit Chance & Attack Power?

Post YOUR Crit Chance & Attack Power 8)

I'm not sure how often I crit but my Crit Chance is 30.62%
    Attack Power = 4273. So Savage Defense will be absorbing 1,068 damage. That seems puny so I'm hoping I crit a lot ;D

Our 3.1 damage mitigation ability procs from crits, and the amount it absorbs is modified by our Attack Power. It's offensively proc'd in contrast to the other tanking classes who block defensively.

Savage Defense
    Each time you deal a critical strike while in Bear Form or Dire Bear Form, you gain Savage Defense, reducing the damage taken from the next physical attack that strikes you by 25% of your attack power.

Re: Feral Tanks :: Crit Chance & Attack Power?

So you say your Crit chance is 30%....and you want to know how often you crit???

Wow. That is all.

So you say your Crit chance is 30%....and you want to know how often you crit??? Wow. That is all.
    That reply is awful. Yes, I have a crit chance of 30%, that doesn't tell me how many times I'll proc Savage Defense in a minute. How many times will you proc Savage Defense in a 5 minute fight? You don't know, do you? So many passive aggressive posters in these threads, holy crit. Delete your post, come back when you have something helpful or interesting to contribute.

:

i wish we would get AP from agility in bear form with our new talent cuz we stack agility for dodge chance
    World of Warcraft has just as much right and responsibility to create new lore just as the old Warcraft games and books did.

Fucking deal with it.

i have 5414 ap and im full 7.5 in a mix of stam and agi gems. thats unbuffed then add Battle shout+kings+shammy totem+dk buff for ap = alot, ill check when im in my 25 naxx tomorrow and give you a final #. SD is def good for us dont worry :P

edit: 36.48 crit unbuffed, which also goes up in a raid do to agi and buffs

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Laughing+Skull&n=Goodhealzz

i have 5414 ap and im full 7.5 in a mix of stam and agi gems. thats unbuffed then add Battle shout+kings+shammy totem+dk buff for ap = alot, ill check when im in my 25 naxx tomorrow and give you a final #. SD is def good for us dont worry
    edit: 36.48 crit unbuffed, which also goes up in a raid do to agi and buffs
    Nice! Hehe, I'm not worried 8) I'm confident in the developers, they're very good at balancing these things, even if sometimes things slip through the cracks. In the least I think they should re-word Savage Defense, to convey the idea that since you critted the s.o.b. so hard, it's next attack is reduced by 25% of your AP.

Savage Mauling
    Each time you deal a critical strike while in Bear Form or Dire Bear Form, your target is deeply bruised & scarred; losing confidencereduces it's next physical attack by 25% of your attack power.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by fibre
    That reply is awful. Yes, I have a crit chance of 30%, that doesn't tell me how many times I'll proc Savage Defense in a minute. How many times will you proc Savage Defense in a 5 minute fight? You don't know, do you? So many passive aggressive posters in these threads, holy crit. Delete your post, come back when you have something helpful or interesting to contribute.

:
    Its just a matter of simple maths, im sure you can work it..

Self buffed i run around 37% crit and 5400 AP, over the coarse of a 5min fight without raid buffs i will proc it about 140 times in an ideal situation.

Its just a matter of simple maths, im sure you can work it.. Self buffed i run aroound 37% crit and 5400 AP, over the coarse of a 5min fight without raid buffs i will proc it about 140 times in an ideal situation.
    Nice. How did you figure how many hits you land per minute? HPM? I was thinking about visiting a target-dummy to get a rough idea. Maybe sort through the combat log after a minute, and utilize my nerd potential.

15+ Year Old Account

- white hits land every 2.33 seconds (7.3% haste)
    - 1sec GCD for melee special attacks
    - boss still has about a 5% chance to parry me
    - ~200ms Lag on my end (losing 20% special attacks because of it)

so 5min fight 300 seconds = 129 white attacks
    300 special attacks - lag = 240

(129 + 240) - miss/dodge/parry chance = 350

350 x crit chance(37%) = ~130

- white hits land every 2.33 seconds (7.3% haste)
    - boss still has about a 5% chance to parry me
    - ~200ms Lag on my end (losing 20% special attacks because of it)

so 5min fight 300 seconds = 129 white attacks
    300 special attacks - lag = 240

(129 + 240) - miss/dodge/parry chance = 350

350 x crit chance(37%) = ~130
    lol, the force is strong in this one ;D

Taking your math for granted, idk, 130,000 seems like a nice mitigation number for a 5min fight.

15+ Year Old Account

if you frequent these forums you will know both Arel00 and myself like numbers :P

A fully raid buffed BiS valorous druid will have around 7450 ap and 41% chance to crit going into ulduar. That's 1862 druid "block value". The other two tanks have around 1350 and 1470 block value in BiS EH gear. Druids are winning the "value" race, I'm pretty sure paladins beat them out on # of blocks though.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mica
    A fully raid buffed BiS valorous druid will have around 7450 ap and 41% chance to crit going into ulduar. That's 1862 druid "block value". The other two tanks have around 1350 and 1470 block value in BiS EH gear. Druids are winning the "value" race, I'm pretty sure paladins beat them out on # of blocks though.
    you have to remember that warriors a 30% chance from talents to block double the damage and they also have a 1min cd that gives them +100% block for 10 sec

Paladins Redoubt + holy shield is more than enough to effectively block every incoming attack, in theory we are the same as this but only on bosses with slower swing timers (2.5sec+)

15+ Year Old Account

avoidence gear - 5000 AP / 40% crit
    TPS gear 5500 AP / 41% crit
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Crit: 38.16%
    AP: 4968
    Dodge: 39.33%

I know, I know I'm low.

can't get to my real stats atm,

however im at

43% crit (a bit more)
    5k ap (realy rough number)
    Quote Originally Posted by nium
    [size=10pt] Devs: Our nerfs will block the sun.
    Druids: Then we shall tank in the shade! ...[/size]

Koumaru

Quote Originally Posted by Alski
    The global cooldown is 1.5 seconds. It's only 1 second in cat form (and for rogues).

So you have 129 white attacks (or Mauls) and 200 special attacks. Accounting for lag as you did in your post (you stated 200 ms but you actually used 250 ms in your calculations, so I'll use 250 ms), the special attack number drops to 171.

You're now at 300 (250 ms latency) to 329 (zero lag) attacks in that 5-minute period. You assumed 5% of them didn't connect, so I'll assume the same here, leaving you with 285 to 313 attacks landing in that period. With a 37% crit rate, you get 105 opportunities for Savage Defense to activate if you have a ping of 250 ms, and 116 under optimal, lag-free conditions.

I say "opportunities" because in a boss fight, quite a few of those crits will be wasted, refreshing your current shield before it can absorb any damage. Dodging or critting streaks will cause this to happen now and then, but it's beyond the scope of this kind of napkin math.

Just assuming none of the shields are wasted, however, you proc a shield an average of once every 2.9 seconds with that 250 ms ping, and 2.6 seconds with no lag at all.

[Edit: Actually, as of two PTR builds ago, Lacerate tick crits now trigger Savage Defense as well, and we both completely forgot to factor that in. Just for simplicity's sake, if Lacerate is on the target (number of stacks is irrelevant), that's another attack every 3 seconds. In that 5-minute span, that's 99 (if this is the start of a fight, the first GCD will be a Mangle?) to 100 more chances to activate a shield, or 37 more crits on average. That brings you up to 142 to 153 potential "blocks" in 5 minutes, or an average of one every 2.0 to 2.1 seconds. So though you're not actually hitting the target nearly as many times as you thought you were in your post, you're getting slightly more "blocks" over time than what you had determined, thanks to Lacerate and Primal Gore.]

That gives you a potential damage reduction over 5 minutes of 192,000 to 207,000 with your self-buffed stats if none of the shields are wasted (this is counting Lacerate this time).

15+ Year Old Account

cheers for that Koumaru, i went and tested afterwards(129 white attacks 179 yellow attacks) and found i wasnt doing nearly enough yellow attacks for a 1sec GCD.
    As for the new GCD i would now have 200 special attacks & with the same lag of 200 ms so i would now have ~176 attacks.

Of course all of these are in ideal situations so during a raid the number will be lower for all reasons you stated.

p.s: According to bliz SD is only suppose to proc of direct damage and not from bleed crits

p.p.s: that will teach me for doing maths with my brain switched off :P

15+ Year Old Account

I wonder to what extend people will prioritize AP post-3.1.... I personally estimate that a lot of druids will try to compensate any HP-loss they might have suffered, before placing their trust in Savage Defense (zomg visible stats! :P)

considering 4 AP is 1 damage absorbed (even assuming 100% uptime, which it isn't), and you can trade 4ap for 3 stamina in terms of item budget, that sounds like something really stupid to do
    WoTLK made it so every idiot in the world can get raid gear and prove to the world that gear isn't everything.