Expertise for PvP?

since the Hit thread apparently got locked i made a new thread for this..
    i seem to miss alot in pvp so is there a cap for expertise?
    (i already got 5% hit)

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Expertise for PvP?

Expertise does not reduce "misses". Only hit can reduce misses. Expertise only reduces Parries and Dodges... and if I'm not mistaken, the stat doesn't work in pvp at all.

What class do you play? Certain classes might have higher hit requirements for pvp (for example dual wield and offhand penalties for rogues and so on). Specials (yellow hits) will never miss in pvp at 5% hit, but white hits can and will still miss, especially if you dual wield. Specials are what we care about in pvp though.

If you're "still missing" then its probably white hits that you are missing.

Brudish

as the above post said, expertise it pretty much pointless in pvp, how ever you should be "hard" hit capped ( i think thats the term :P) so you dont miss you big burst damage.

Deleted

Wrong. Expertise works in PVP. You will need to have more than 5% hit to never miss against any opponents, as several classes and races have additional hit penalties.

Expertise reduces chance to be dodged/parried, but if your only halfway decent you should always attack from behind. And since only mobs, and not players can dodge attacks from behind expertise is completely useless for PvP.
    Ok im new to hotkeying so im most likely doing something wrong.

I can hotkey alt to anything but the function keys. I can do alt+f1, f2, f3 but when i get to f4 it crashes my game EVERY TIME! Its annoying because I have to reset all my hotkeys cuz a game crash doesnt save them. Please fix soon!

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

IMO it's smart to have just around 3-4% dodge/parry reduction.

You don't want to have your Kick, or Pummel dodged right?
    It can decide an arena.

And has ...in my experience!
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Quote Originally Posted by Baabinator

It can decide an arena.

i think one of the problems is that u have to give something up for the expertise stats, for example u will have less resilience.
    is it still usefull to have the expertise then?
    Quote Originally Posted by nium
    [size=10pt] Devs: Our nerfs will block the sun.
    Druids: Then we shall tank in the shade! ...[/size]

Quote Originally Posted by Baabinator

It can decide an arena.

as was stated above any half way decent player attacks from behind, while casting you cannot dodge or parry so that point is completely moot. Only if they are fake casting can this happen in which case you got faked any how so again it is a moot point.

You are right it does work but its a very weak stat compared to other stats, so basically if your best available item has exp on it then w/e but don't ever gem for it or choose items with it.

It is NOT smart to have 3-4 % dodge parry redux since you just traded a ton of offensive/defensive stats for that which if you played better wouldnt be needed any how.

also getting enough hit rating to mitigate frost mages extra 5% miss chance is a big waste of stats that could go towards actually hitting every other class. So yeah 5% is where it's at.

the correct or commenly used phrase is "yellow capped". this value is slightly diffrent from victim to victim, but you will need at least 5% +hit as a melee fighter in arenas to successfully attack all the time with styles.

Quote Originally Posted by BlacKcuD
    the correct or commenly used phrase is "yellow capped". this value is slightly diffrent from victim to victim, but you will need at least 5% +hit as a melee fighter in arenas to successfully attack all the time with styles.
    Expertise. Dodge and parry, not hitrating (miss).
    And a dodged kidneyshot by a warlock has cost me games.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!