[PvP] Haunt/SL Vs Destru/SL in 3.1? [Arena]

Hay guys, im leveling a warlock atm. The lock is 71 and it´s ezmode.
    Bucuse i am a pure pvper, im wondering what the best lock spec will be in 3.1 for Arena ofc.
    Im a big fan of Haunt/SL but will it be nerfed or buffed? I mean with the SiphonLife thingy, same to Desru will it be buffed as hell as every 1 says? Or maby its to early to say, dunno but i will be happy with some answers

Re: [PvP] Haunt/SL Vs Destru/SL in 3.1? [Arena]

blizzard want to warlocks be in destro spec.

haunt sl to level run around dotting things, howl of terror, bandage, redot, get more ect ect

Yes, but i mean spec for Arena, i don´t care about Pve :>

Mkey... to sad, looked forward to play lock i pvp :-\

lol...dont really listen to these guys there prolly the same 1s who were bitching that warlocks were gimp in pvp at the begining of WotLK...but really we wernt to bad...it was just the shitty players realizing they were shitty...and now that there nerfin afflic a little again...there gonna qq and say dumb shit...this is a little of topic but

Actually we totally blew in the beginning, and they wont too far with affli, but im just fine with playing destro, will be fun to play destro when it's actually viable
    If in doubt afk out

01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110011 01110101 01100011 01101011

destro is good for pvp and its fun too. haunt/sl will prolly suck badly in new patch since it is being nerfed along with its only good partner (holy pala).
    anyway we will have to wait till we are sure (noone was confident that haunt would do good in s6 when it started anyway)

Play what you enjoy... oh wait, enjoy the 1500 brackets :-\

The fear nerf alone makes Haunt/SL extremely less viable for 2v2 especially with a healer as a partner. The siphon life nerf hurts too.

Almost all locks on the PTR are destruction (Chaos/SL) and it seems to work best with a rogue partner (combat or subtlety, possibly mut still). 31% mitigation (SL, MS, SL glyph), 2 snares (conflag and shadowflame if glyphed), a stun (shadowfury), and a 0.5 sec sleep (if you take succy talent instaed of using puppy), and insane conflag damage are making it viable right now.

As much as i hate the purple fairy spec, Metamorph is looking viable with a Ret or Mage partner (zerg/cc team) due to banish changes and various talent tree changes... that comp probably wont get much higher than 1800 though sadly.

As a current 2k rated Haunt Lock that plays with a Rogue, I'm slightly excited and disappointed by all of this. I love affliction and am sad to see it nerfed, but destro might be fun if it actually works. Maybe we'll actually be able to beat Pally/DK which is 60% of our matches.... Okay that's probably asking too much. >_<

Its tough to say how all of the buffs/nerfs to various classes will play out on live, only time will tell. Locks are going to suck at first, then we'll gear up, and be slightly viable. But Lets face it, ez mode SL/SL days are over, only skilled locks prevail. If you dont like the heat, get out of the kitchen.

I'm planning to roll a shadowcomp ( resto sh, aff lock, s priest ) in s6

This mean in screwed as aff ?

On Live, affliction locks count on the fearlock to kill healers. With the current fear nerf, fear breaks after about 2k damage (almost immediately with full dots). This has the worst impact on 2v2. You'll still be able to fearlock healers, you just cant dps them while you're doing it. No more "dot everyone and fear around until they die" type strategies. Fear is now, essentially, a sheep, except that it can still be broken by skills/racials of almost every class... sigh. Also, Hex was nerfed this same way.

Its possible that 3v3 shadowplay will work with affliction, you'll just have to time your fear/psychic scream/psychic horror/hex perfectly in most cases.

Shadowplay as destruction would probably be pretty good though, especially with (nearly) instant seduce. The only problem is no dispell protection (a large part of shadowplay). It becomes a burst team.

Edit: Near Instant Seduce >_<

Quote Originally Posted by ksem
    ... especially with instant seduce. The only problem is no dispell protection ...
    the only problem is no instant seduce:P

Pretty sure Affliction won't work on 3.1 in its current state on 2v2. Both SL and Immolate damage were taken off, and the fear nerf limits us to only dot one target. It won't be enough pressure to any healer and the opposite team tends to win the mana war pretty easy.

Destruction won't work with a healer, so start looking for a rogue or mage to do 2s.

On 3s and 5s, destruction looks way better, wich means affliction is gimped in any bracket.