Shapeshift Interrupts?

I notice that when I try to shapeshift from cat to bear in PvP, it's often interrupted and I'm stuck in NE form. Has this always happened with shapeshifting? Is it intentional, or a bug?

Re: Shapeshift Interrupts?

If you are stunned or incapasitated while you try to shapeshift, then you will lose your current form and remain in humanoid form.

That's the danger when dueling rogues

You're pressing the button twice.

/thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

If you are stunned or incapasitated while you try to shapeshift, then you will lose your current form and remain in humanoid form.
    Ah, I believe this is what's happening. Think it's intentionally supposed to be that way?

Im not a druid and i hate them but I dont see how you can shift out while stunned. But yes it has been like this for a LONG time.
    Always check links before clicking

Here's what you should know:
    1) Shape shifting from any form to another form is a 3 step process
    ex: cat -> human -> bear
    even though this all takes place within less than a second and all in 1 universal

2) You can always shift into human from an animal form (even while cc'ed)
    you can think of this as if you're clicking off a buff (also notice you can click off cat form on your buffs)

3) You can only shift from human into a animal form when you're not cc'ed
    ex: if you're feared in human form, you cannot shift to bear, (but if you're feared in bear form, you can shift to human)

So this is what happens:
    You're in cat form. You get stunned or cc'ed. You push bear form. You shift cat -> human. You attempt to shift human to bear. (again, last 2 steps take place in a fraction of a second). The game notices that you're cc'ed or unable to do abilities, so shifting human to bear fails. You are left in human form.

Here's what you should know:
    1) Shape shifting from any form to another form is a 3 step process
    ex: cat -> human -> bear
    even though this all takes place within less than a second and all in 1 universal

2) You can always shift into human from an animal form (even while cc'ed)
    you can think of this as if you're clicking off a buff (also notice you can click off cat form on your buffs)

3) You can only shift from human into a animal form when you're not cc'ed
    ex: if you're feared in human form, you cannot shift to bear, (but if you're feared in bear form, you can shift to human)

So this is what happens:
    You're in cat form. You get stunned or cc'ed. You push bear form. You shift cat -> human. You attempt to shift human to bear. (again, last 2 steps take place in a fraction of a second). The game notices that you're cc'ed or unable to do abilities, so shifting human to bear fails. You are left in human form.
    One must shapeshift with caution