Black Magic and Reflective Shields

I'm just a bit interested in how Reflective Shield works in regards to enchant/talent/abillity procs. First off, let's start with when I cast PW:S on my own. Could I proc say Black Magic/Lightweave Embroidery from my Reflective Shield? And how does it relate to my arena partner (in my case a Retribution Paladin)? Could Reflective Shield proc let's say Vindication or Vengeance? And if the opposing team manages to get a crit off on him, which my shield reflects, would this affect Eye for an Eye ?

Some question I really hope to get a clear answer on as I can't really find it elsewhere.

Thanks.

Re: Black Magic and Reflective Shields

shields cast on others doesnt reflect damage, only your own shields.

as with the procs, same as when you cast any spell trinkets can proc, but when casting shield on yourself it wouldnt damage anyone else.

think the embroidery states any damage spell cast or something.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by stgeorge
    shields cast on others doesnt reflect damage, only your own shields.
    Afaik the "Reflective Shield" talent is not restricted to shields cast on yourself.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

"Causes 45% of the damage YOU absorb with Power Word: Shield to reflect back at the attacker. This damage causes no threat."

Any talent with the mention of "you" or "your" doesn't affect anybody besides yourself. This change to reflective shield was made quite a while ago and is still the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Jossol
    "Causes 45% of the damage YOU absorb with Power Word: Shield to reflect back at the attacker. This damage causes no threat."

Any talent with the mention of "you" or "your" doesn't affect anybody besides yourself. This change to reflective shield was made quite a while ago and is still the same.
    I think it's horribly worded tbh. I've been playing around in some battlegrounds with it and indeed it does not reflect damage off an ally. Only yourself.

Just by the wording of the talent I thought it ment when my PW:S absorbs damage it will reflect 45% of that back, and when cast on an ally it's still my PW:S.

In any case, I'm still interested in how PW:S Reflective Shields would work with procs from enchants/embroideries etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Afaik the "Reflective Shield" talent is not restricted to shields cast on yourself.
    As Jossol stated it only works on yourself, but blizzard will eventually change it to work on others because it will need a bit of reworking and they havent got the "tech" to do it yet.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Well, there was a time when PW:S would reflect damage when cast on allies as well. Why did they change that? I thought there were no problems with it aside from that CC breaking part in PvP.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Quote Originally Posted by Bluetoez
    As Jossol stated it only works on yourself, but blizzard will eventually change it to work on others because it will need a bit of reworking and they havent got the "tech" to do it yet.
    They realised it was bugged. Then they updated the tooltip to reflect that, so as to not confuse people with what they were speccing into, rather than waste time fixing it before 3.1

Then they said "to hell with it" and got rid of it in 3.1, and then brought it back in as a 2 point (instead of 3) higher up in the tree... umm, what? They'll never get around to "fixing" it back to the way it used to be.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~