Thread: DK hit cap

DK hit cap

I've been told by a few different people that the hit cap for dk dps in raiding is 8% 7% as a dreanei

Then I hear that is 9% // 8% Dreanei.

Whats true? lol

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ng&n=Zo%C3%A8y
    If you wanna look at my stats.

Re: DK hit cap

It's 8% for melee, 17% for spells.
    So, 7% for a draenei, or 16% for spells.

Kay thanks

Which means i have to drop some hit >.>

Again thanks alot

Well, it's 8% or 9% depending on your specc.

9% melee hit is roughly 11% spell hit. You'll get 3% from talents and 3% from shadow priests or moonkins which gets you to 17%.

This means that if you're only using strikes 8% is the cap. If you use other abilities (Icy Touch, Howling Blast, Death Coil etc) you'll need 9% melee hit along with the Virulence talent for 3% additional spell hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoèy
    I've been told by a few different people that the hit cap for dk dps in raiding is 8% 7% as a dreanei

Then I hear that is 9% // 8% Dreanei.

Whats true? lol

If you wanna look at my stats.
    If your refering to 2-hander melee which i think you are, its 8% it was believed to be 9 but that was a math error on blizzards part. It's 8% or 262 hit. If your a draenei its 7%

Well i'm the 51/13/7 spec using ps-it-hs-hs-ob (dc dump) ob-hs-hs-hs-hs (dc dump) its showed the best result on dps for me.

But i'm sitting at 6.92% hit just cuz it was close. I droped the 2 16 hit rateing gems for the str gems.

Think i should go back to 8% or stay at 7%

Im 17.0.54, and sitting at 254 Hitrating (7.75% hit). Missing 1 or 2 white hits a raid.
    Overall I havent really encoutered any real problems tbh.
    In the Groves of Death

yeah i'm at 233 7.11% switched some prismatic gems around to get a set bonus hit rateing to fix that.

But figured since i'm useing the few spells maybe i had to be higher But i'll try this out.
    I hear all about this disease-less blood spec But i also herd i dont have the gear for it >.<

But I aint worried about it.

Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Insomnium
    Im 17.0.54, and sitting at 254 Hitrating (7.75% hit). Missing 1 or 2 white hits a raid.
    Overall I havent really encoutered any real problems tbh.
    This isn't bad but just for general info 8% is the cap. Im exactly at 8% I dont like to be below at all but im just a hit whore, well thats not entirely true cause i hate to be over as well. If you can get to 8% i would do it but don't go below 7%.

2 hander need 8% hit bonus, for DK going more is not logical sins only 1 or 2 spells realy acts as spell, rest is all melee based, DW requires alot more, ofc Draenei can use 1% less rating becous they got raicail 1% booster.

Quote Originally Posted by Runè
    2 hander need 8% hit bonus, for DK going more is not logical sins only 1 or 2 spells realy acts as spell, rest is all melee based, DW requires alot more, ofc Draenei can use 1% less rating becous they got raicail 1% booster.
    Yep just get virulence to make up your spell hit being so high
    Reject common sense to make the impossible possible!

Quote Originally Posted by Talamare
    Yep just get virulence to make up your spell hit being so high
    Frankly, I wouldn't even worry that much about Virulence if I wasn't forced to take it. The only reason I have 2 points in it on live is simply because, to open the tree up at a couple different spots through the progression, I was forced to pick a "bad" talent to sacrifice points into, and Virulence just ends up being better than the rest of the "bad" talents.