Poll: Strength, Agility or Arpen? Vote!

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Agility or Strength Gemming for next patch?maybe Arpen also?

Hello. Well as the last post i read about this, there were alot of answers on it. And imo, i couldn't find any good answer for that, someone saying Agility, some others strength blabla.

Well i have now lvled up a druid and soon gonna start go cat dps, and as the patch is here soon i have a hard time what to gem for. I know that Strength is superior now, but i wanna get ready for next patch, so give some good awesome answers and try go in the same way!

Also i have been wondering, what if you gem the gear with 16 Arpen for next patch?, think i read it somewhere in EJ forums, dunno how serious that was or whateva

Peace

Re: Agility or Strength Gemming for next patch?

I would say agility for the crit and AP but im a warrior so not sure lol

Re: Agility or Strength Gemming for next patch?maybe Arpen also?

OH NOES.. again? L2search in forum

Pre 3.1, strength.
    Post 3.1, probably agi due to the new crit dot talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikkuu
    OH NOES.. again? L2search in forum
    Rikkuu you tard. L2read first. I said Every post i have read in here i haven't got a real answer on it. Like half of ppl saying agility, some others saying strength

Ok you want an complete answer.

Str will still give you more ap
    agility will still give you crit,agi, dodge and ap
    arp will act like someone has less armor then they do have :P

So 3.1 will still be str to a certain ap then go agility

BUT this is all depends on your gear as well.

You want at least pre buffs 6k ap(end game more like 9-10k)
    you want at least 48% crit pre buff(after buffs at least 50%)
    YOU want to be hit capped and expertise capped as well

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by fenagis
    BUT this is all depends on your gear as well.

perfect answer. ppl always forget that gems your choose depent on the rest of your gear sometimes its better to swap things around a bit.

if u got around 7K AP and between 50 to 75% crit id say go for agi else get your AP or crit up :P

as for armor pentration ? id say no since our highest damage per enegy move (rip) is not effected by armor
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra
    as for armor pentration ? id say no since our highest damage per enegy move (rip) is not effected by armor
    when looking at values for Armor pen you dont look at the DPE value, you look at the total value of your damage done by moves that effect it since it is a direct boost to them. Depending on the length of the fight you could see anywhere upto ~70% of your damage coming from non bleeds, in this situation armor pen is a good stat but still behind str agi and crit in terms of dps.

Next patch armor pen is going to be 25% more effective but its still not enough to push it into the top 3

Quote Originally Posted by Alski
    when looking at values for Armor pen you dont look at the DPE value, you look at the total value of your damage done by moves that effect it since it is a direct boost to them. Depending on the length of the fight you could see anywhere upto ~70% of your damage coming from non bleeds, in this situation armor pen is a good stat but still behind str agi and crit in terms of dps.

Next patch armor pen is going to be 25% more effective but its still not enough to push it into the top 3
    I guess it's really hard to tell. we will have rip critting and we'll still be using rake, but with the new shred glyph we'll have even more free energy so we'll have more opportunities to FB (which makes use of Arpen).
    I still can't see Arpen being useful. I prefer a high crit rate (while remaining hit/exp capped) to saturate me with combo points meaning no downtime on buffs/debuffs/bleeds.

The theorycrafting on EJ suggests otherwise.

Armor pen gets better as you get more of it. It has no diminishing returns, etc.

The latest theorycrafting is showing that in terms of highest end gear (because of the buff it's getting in 3.1) - armor pen is the way to go.

http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t49702-f...mulation_tool/

The above link is to the thread where the primary discussion is taking place.

In complete BiS gear gemming armor pen is about a ~1dps advantage over agility. The more armor pen you have the higher the effectiveness. You will be gemming armor pen or agi, not strength. Agi is overall more beneficial if you need to tank ect. Not worth it at current gear levels imo.

true - it is a minor increase - which is why since I tank I'll be sticking with agi on pieces I use for both - but if you're trying to min max a character - armor pen is technically the best way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by enigmaran
    true - it is a minor increase - which is why since I tank I'll be sticking with agi on pieces I use for both - but if you're trying to min max a character - armor pen is technically the best way to go.
    If you're putting agi on some pieces and not others, then you're better off just stacking it on everything. ArPen is only better if you're completely stacking it (and only marginally).

Quote Originally Posted by fenagis
    Is this supposed to be a "in Ulduar..." endgame, because there is no way you're going to have 9,000+ attack power -pre- buffs... maybe with Savage Roar if that was your intent, "self buffed" might be better wording, but "unbuffed", riiiight.

No one asked this but I thought of it so I decided to post it.

"Can you penetrate all of a bosses armor?"

According to EJ (http://elitistjerks.com/f15/t37584-w...armor_testing/) Raid bosses have 13083 armor. With 3925 coming from sunders, 1260 coming from Feral Fire (faerie), that leaves 7898 armor remaining.

Quote Originally Posted by getefix
    No one asked this but I thought of it so I decided to post it.

"Can you penetrate all of a bosses armor?"

According to EJ (http://elitistjerks.com/f15/t37584-w...armor_testing/) Raid bosses have 13083 armor. With 3925 coming from sunders, 1260 coming from Feral Fire (faerie), that leaves 7898 armor remaining.
    That's quite the out-dated thread. ARmor penetration works on a percentage level for gear, and in 3.1 even abiltiy like FFF and Sunder will work on a percentage level.

At the moment armor pen is a great buff to dmg... especially if you have the trinket that give you 600 some odd armor pen which is essentially 40%. At the moment when trinket procs i get up to 53% armor pen. I believe post 3.1 i do not think the geming purely 1 stat will work as much. There will have to be a balance you will need to reach but of course the hardest part to get to will be making crit high enough to make ferocious bite worth it again then of course we all want those bleed crits. On ptr i switched to pure 8str/8crit gems and lost a lot of ap but was able to get to about 52% base crit after all done. When gemming agi i lost alot of ap and couldnt get crit above about 50-51%. Hard to tell though what will more useful and at the moment i havent put much time into since, like most everyone else, i am trying to get alot of work out of the way so i dont have to worry about it come 3.1 ha.

Quote Originally Posted by baseball
    That's quite the out-dated thread. ARmor penetration works on a percentage level for gear, and in 3.1 even abiltiy like FFF and Sunder will work on a percentage level.
    I forgot about that. I expect the armor levels of bosses will remain the same? Unless Blizz raises bosses armor levels by almost 100% then this will be a nerf to sunders and FFF.

I assume it's a percentage based on their overall armor? 5% Armor reduction is only 654 ArPen for a boss with 13083 armor, whereas it stands at 1260 on live. The same with Sunder Armor. It's doing 784 armor reduction on live and stacks up to 5 times for 3925, whereas on ptr it's going to remove 4% armor, stacking up to 5x for a total of 20% reduction = 2616 Armor reduction.

Armor Penetration is getting buffed and our personal armor reduction is getting nerfed. For a stat that I plan to avoid (because I don't want to get a lot of it) it doesn't bother me that much, it just makes me want it less.

How is personal armor pen being nerfed when it's as good, if not better than agility, for dps, in 3.1?
    WoTLK made it so every idiot in the world can get raid gear and prove to the world that gear isn't everything.