Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Icebound Fortitude glyph

Sadly we're not just talking about some random nobodies here.

DK.info is very well moderated, and checked by theorycrafters. Wrong data doesn't last long there, especially in the particular sub-forum this thread is posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    Sadly we're not just talking about some random nobodies here.

DK.info is very well moderated, and checked by theorycrafters. Wrong data doesn't last long there, especially in the particular sub-forum this thread is posted.
    I know they are moderated and checked.

But you used a keyword:  Theorycrafters

It is a THEORY, and thus not proven.

for the most part i trust DK info, but right here for this, i dont see anything but numbers they tossed out without any proof.

It's easy to show:

take different amounts of gear with different amounts of defense rating, and fight a mob.  And just look at the damage taken in an addon such as Recount, and do some quick math to see the difference between the amounts of damage taken at different defense ratings.

It's not 100% perfect but it will show a ballpark.

Again im not saying they are WRONG, im just saying they are not really backing up their argument.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Well you said you will use UA glyph

UA is a 2min move now with 1200 reduction, adding 20% on that is 1500 at most

While IBF is a 1min move with 40% reduction adding 10%, which means it scales with the boss

If boss hits for 50k IBF reduces that by 20k (25k glyphed)
    UA will make the hit 49k (48k glyphed)
    Reject common sense to make the impossible possible!

Quote Originally Posted by Talamare
    Well you said you will use UA glyph

UA is a 2min move now with 1200 reduction, adding 20% on that is 1500 at most

While IBF is a 1min move with 40% reduction adding 10%, which means it scales with the boss

If boss hits for 50k IBF reduces that by 20k (25k glyphed)
    UA will make the hit 49k (48k glyphed)
    That's very nice for high numbers. But it's highly unlikely a boss will be hitting you for 50k.

For lower numbers, the difference is way smaller.

I did forget about my original plans, and I'll be using Glyph of Disease instead of UBA, I'm still not used to the idea, so mistakes happen.

Actually a lot of bosses hit for 50k

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=59433

Sure its reduced by other factors, but still
    Reject common sense to make the impossible possible!

Quote Originally Posted by Talamare
    Actually a lot of bosses hit for 50k

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=59433

Sure its reduced by other factors, but still
    But still that damage is closer to 18-20K.

So, no. Bosses don't hit for 50k.

well since testing seems to prove, at least for the moment, that the glyph simply turns the 20% in the tooltip into a 30% and the scaling after the fact still ramps up.....

looks like a lot of people here are retards with their heads up their asses that refuse to believe ptr testing?

yeah, reading the thread again im gonna have to go with retards with their heads up their asses.

the glyph has looked like it's increased the base 10% since it debuted, it still looks that way, it's acting that way on ptr servers.

your lack of reading comprehension doesn't make this glyph any less of a must-own for tank dks.

my guess, and this is just a wild one. is that blizzard was and continues to be happy with the 3 major glyphs for dk tanks being, IBF(the core defensive cooldown), your deep tree defensive skill, whether it's UA,BS, or VB, and your biggest threat gen, whether that is SS,HS,OB,or RS, or something else wild and crazy.

it's a smooth and reliable system, but i mean, streamlining and simplifying sure doesn't sound like blizzard at all. wait, except for every game they do, where they at least attempt to streamline and simplify things.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

I absolutely fail to see how IBF glyph is a waste of a slot now, hell the old version is more a waste then the new one.
    Also saying that the glyph only gives 3% more damage reduction over the duration of a battle is not only stupid but short sighted.
    An example would be Hodir once every minute he does his flash freeze thing and does 7k physical damage with 40k more frost on top of that, other tank classes would probably use frost resist gear there since the damage is astronomical. DKs can and will chain IBF for that, and in that time you will take more damage then in other scenarios; another example is Mimiron and his plasma beam, while its chained on you you take a lot of damage on top of the melee he already does to you, IBF can help mitigate a lot of that; even Sartharion falls into this category, the more damage reduction you can get for the breaths the better.

You can't just think and theroycraft that oh this glyph only gives 3% damage reduction if used every time its up, no you have to think at the big picture, like using it when the boss hits hardest or uses a special ability. From my experience in both live servers and on PTR I can conclude that IBF glyph is not only better then the live version but way better in more situations then UA glyph.

I'll probably run with glyph of IBF, Oblit and Frost Strike.