Page 1 of 2
LastLast

DK DPS problems ???

Hi im struggling to get more then 2.5k on heroics test dummy and i dont know why im full epic and well my dps is shit.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rne&n=Sarelyra thats my armory

If anyone can suggest anything that can help me increase it thanks

Re: DK DPS problems ???

change the enchant on your shoulders to that obtained from sons of hodir rep. the one u currently have is for pvp.

enchant your chest armor with +8 or +10 stats.

gear looks fine otherwise so i guess you might just need to fine-tune your rotation.

rotation is it>ps>bs>bs>ss>rp dump then ss>ss>ss>ss and i have hardly any soh rep adn the shoulder chant wont make much difference

Your not even close to expertise cap. Your 1% from melee hit cap (with a dranei) Armor Pen is terrible for that spec, avoid its almost useless. STOP GEMMING FOR CRIT! If u need to gem for some expertise, thats fine but everything else should be STR! Your AP is very low for that spec.

Replace your helm with Spiked Titansteel Helm [http://www.wowhead.com/?item=41386] with your current stats it would be an upgrade to what you have now. More AP, more crit, more hit. Meta Crit bonus! and No useless armor pen.

you don't need resilience on pve gear so imo the shoulder enchant does matter.

the soh rep enchant gives u ap & crit rating instead of ap & resilience. if you have high level inscription u can do the 104ap +15 crit rating enchant.

the correct enchants on your gear will most definately improve your dps.

You have all that gear and you can't even break 2.5k dps on a dummy? Seems a bit odd... Maybe try going a raid spec blood build. No offense but earn that gear you have... Anyone can do 2.5k in blue gear if they know what they are doing.

Cylon's Warcraft Blog - News, guides and more! Come join my community.

Is the dummy at 1hp?

If so it is causing your Necrosis to hit for 1 dmg...check your recount.

Hit/Expertise are important as well as others have mentioned, but they won't cause a 500+ dps increase if you are shooting for 3k.

I am similarly geared for dps and I generally cap out at about 2.5k dps as well. Starting the test with Army and popping Garg asap will get me above 3k for a 2 min test...but it drops down to around 2.5k the longer I go on.

Pulling 3k single target with only self buffs isn't exactly easy to do at any gear level with any spec...Pulling 2.5k in blues is wrong as well lol.

Enchants, and your Darkmoon card....you should be able to come up with better.

Bad darkmoon card, too much crit, not enough hit or expertise.

Also, do make sure you stand behind the dummy...Just a reminder.

Meh.

Some of the advice is correct: you're emphasizing Crit, and there's no reason to do that as a DK. None, zero, nada, nyet, you get the idea.

Your hit + Dranei is fine. Your expertise is pretty low, and your gear is mostly naxx 10 level. Color me impressed on how low your expertise is actually. Your AP is lacking, and ArP does zilch for Unholy spec.

Your shoulder enchant as others have pointed out is for PvP; however, in the same thread they've pointed out that Crit isn't a big deal which is the only thing you get with the SoH faction one over the Wintergrasp one. Pick a side folks. My opinion: it's not going to make or break your DPS.

Do get the chest enchanted.

You need to pickup Virulence, that's the only thing that is missing out of your spec, death coil and UB being non-suck for DPS.

You would gain a few hundred DPS most likely from BiS gear, which you're nowhere close to currently... but you gave no indication over what amount of time your trial ran, nor posted any recount statistics.

That all said, pole humping is not a good indication of your DPS, at all. If your DPS is fine on raids, don't worry about it.

Edit and PS: your lack of skilled up professions scream lazy. You should do something for the profession bonuses.

The simplest answer is that you have WAY too much crit. Well...I guess you can't REALLY have too much crit, but you're past the point where you should try to get just about anything else.

Expertise is too low.

Hit is fine.

AP is very low.

Death card is terrible for now.

Tighten up your rotation if you want to up your dps. I do from 2.5k-3k on a raid dummy, but I'm always over 5.5k on Patchwerk. What I'm saying is that 2.5k for a test dummy really isn't that low for a melee class. We get much more out of raid buffs like kings than casters and what not get. Even within DK specs, some will do much better on a dummy than others, while still performing similarly in raids.

Ignore people about the shoulder enchant. If they honestly think that adding a tiny bit more crit to your current gear setup will make any sort of difference, then you really don't need to listen to whatever else they said. Sure, it looks sloppy to not use a proper enchant (fuck hodir rep...), but it isn't breaking your DPS in the least bit.

Good luck!

From what I see, you're really close to having a perfect gear set up. I don't know if you maybe got lucky from vault, but you should be able to pick a few major upgrades up from naxx 25.

First off, lest start at the head and go down.
    1. Get the helm from Heroic 3d, or t7.5 helm. I prefer the t7.5 helm because expertise is easy to get elsewhere, and really the chest is the worst itemized t7.5 peice. So that will be your non tier loot, your chestpeice.

2. Necklace Collar of Dissolution http://www.wowhead.com/?item=39146 Hit and expertise, woot!

3. Drape of the Deadly Foe -http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40403 it's an upgrade.

4. Chest peice - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40365 Or http://www.wowhead.com/?item=39767 This is the trickest decision. After you get betrayer of humanity you might be a bit short on hit rating. If not go for the crit.

5. Bracers - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40330 or http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40733 Once again thats one of those which stat are you short on.

6. Belt! http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40317 No doubt about it, haste is not a stat you want. Crit and expertise, perfect belt.

7. There's only 2 epic rings out there with +str. You have so many talents and buffs/enchants that give you +str percentage, that there are times at which these rings will blow anything else out of the water.http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40075 to sit next to your circle of death.

8. Obviously if you're serious, the Greatness card is king. It's like the Dragonspine trophy, all serious melee dps simply have to have it. You're second trinket is gonna be http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40371

Ok that covers your base gear choices. Don't ever gem for expertise or hit unless you're really unlucky and "can't" get a specific item to drop for you. With gear you have plenty of room for switching things around and not changing Item levels. Attack power does crazy scaling with unholy. Every single gem should be pure +str gems. The only other gem you should be getting is maybe a green gem just to meet meta gem requirements. The str gems are plenty good enough to pretty much ignore socket bonuses, some times your lucky and you get a red slot anyway! Being Hit and Expertise capped you really start to see how "perfect" the unholy rotation is.

Here's one thing about DPS that I tell everyone who asks for help. Learn to love and hate the Global Cooldown! If you press the keybind too early, youll get a "That ability is not ready yet" message and this can hold you back just a fraction of a second longer. Multiply this to how many key presses in a 10 minute fight and you've got a substantial loss in dps. However don't be afraid of it. If you're not getting time to do 2 runic power dumps between each half rotation, without having runes waiting, you're going too slow. Basically your 2nd Death Coil's Global Cooldown should be counting down with the last second of your next set of runes.

Holy hell seriously.. i cant get close to 3k dps with just self buffs on a target dummy.. thats nuts.. I have pretty close to best gear you can get atm.. just missing Betrayer and maybe the Obsidian greathelm.. I get about 2.6k on a target dummy.. In raids its a whole new ballgame.. Unless Dk's just dont scale as well with mad raid buffs but i doubt that..

Like what the others said, dummies are only really good for learning your rotation to a T.

Quote Originally Posted by Felblood
    Holy hell seriously.. i cant get close to 3k dps with just self buffs on a target dummy.. thats nuts.. I have pretty close to best gear you can get atm.. just missing Betrayer and maybe the Obsidian greathelm.. I get about 2.6k on a target dummy.. In raids its a whole new ballgame.. Unless Dk's just dont scale as well with mad raid buffs but i doubt that..
    Yes, but missing 2 BiS items is not where the OP is at.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachbum
    Yes, but missing 2 BiS items is not where the OP is at.
    Yeah i saw his gear.. really getting even close to 2.5k dps on a target dummy with his gear is great.. I wouldn't worry about it too much..

How much crit do DK's really need anyway.. 37% seems a bit high.. I try to stay around 34% myself.. w/high AP

I used the training dummies to get my weapon skills up to levels where I won't hurt my dps if I get lucky on a weapon drop in a raid.

Aside from that, STRENGTH. Gem for it. If you desperately need yellow gems for whatever reason, strength/crit are out there somewhere. With raid buffs you should be seeing 8-15% increase in your crit anyway so you really don't need to gem for it as much.

Single-target dps against a training dummy is probably going to be a lot lower than real dps in a raid environment. Either you're on trash where AoE really does all the work, or you're on a boss that quite likely has a few debuffs that will affect everything you do. Buffs are also going to seriously change the end results - heroism, rampage/leader of the pack, trueshot aura/unleashed rage, battle shout/blessing of might, etc. will all buff your dps and likely push you up to 3k if not a LOT higher.
    100 Rage Execute Spam. Enough Said.
    BRING THOSE DAYS BACK!

Since when do dummies give weapon skill?

Quote Originally Posted by Felblood
    Yeah i saw his gear.. really getting even close to 2.5k dps on a target dummy with his gear is great.. I wouldn't worry about it too much..

How much crit do DK's really need anyway.. 37% seems a bit high.. I try to stay around 34% myself.. w/high AP
    We really don't have anything that is driven off of crit, and only around 60-65% of our damage can crit. Never "worry" about crit. The amount that naturally comes on gear is plenty fine. Don't worry about a magic number that you have to have your crit at. Far more important stats to worry about, like strength, strength, and strength. Oh, and strength.

Don't forget Strength!