[Feral-Cat] Greatness Str or Agi in 3.1

I've seen lots of blue posts saying how they want us to stop taking Str items and focus more on Agi for DPS.

So with the changes in 3.1, is the Agi or the Str Greatness card the better choice?

Here's my Druid's armory:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...song&n=Drakoth
    (Note: Alt so I don't have access to all BIS yet and Rings never seem to drop for me in 25.)

My current trinkets are Mirror and Fot5F.

I'm not doing horrible DPS, just looking to eek some more out.
    http://wowwebstats.com/oe6dvtt6ik1vq

Re: [Feral-Cat] Greatness Str or Agi in 3.1

Offtopic: why in god's F&^%ing name does the US armory work 24/7 while the EU armory is down 24/7...

About the greatness trinket...
    I chose the str version myself, cause it gave me more ap and tbh, next patch it might be nice for tanking aswell (25% of your ap = shielding) so 90 x 2.12 / 4 = 47.7 dmg absorbed... oh holy shitballs... it sucks. Ahwell, i still went with the str version, would swap it to agi in a heartbeat if the GM didn't tell me to go shove myself.
    Long story short: go with the agi version.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by wyrdone
    I've seen lots of blue posts saying how they want us to stop taking Str items and focus more on Agi for DPS.

So with the changes in 3.1, is the Agi or the Str Greatness card the better choice?

Here's my Druid's armory:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...song&n=Drakoth
    (Note: Alt so I don't have access to all BIS yet and Rings never seem to drop for me in 25.)

My current trinkets are Mirror and Fot5F.

I'm not doing horrible DPS, just looking to eek some more out.
    http://wowwebstats.com/oe6dvtt6ik1vq
    Answered many times in many different threads.
    use the search button
    the answer is the agility trinket.

AGI is way better in 3.1 (ps, the beta version of Rawr has 3.1 loot/talents).

I think str vs agi threads are competing with "oh noes feral tanks are borken" threads.

Once more, with feeling: In 3.1, agility will be better than strength.

And, it's "eke." =)

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by baseball

Once more, with feeling: In 3.1, agility will be better than strength.

Thats right. But the difference is so small that changing gems/enchants on current items is not necessessary

Quote Originally Posted by iluwen_de
    Thats right. But the difference is so small that changing gems/enchants on current items is not necessessary
    Unless you have the money and you want to be completely maxed for Ulduar. Huzzah.

The only reason to go with strength ever was that savage roar increased attack power. When savage roar was changed to be 30% physical damage instead of increasing attack power all items that had strength on them became crap for druids and they are back to stacking agility.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    all items that had strength on them became crap for druids
    Stupid. It is nearly on par with agility after the change to the SR glyph.

Agi > Str in 3.1 all the way.

Everything like trinkets etc that have agi on them > similar stuff with Str.

Use search next time.

The end. (probably not though)
    /hug

Quote Originally Posted by iluwen_de
    your life becomes easier because you have more combo points to use (2 CP's per crit). if i have a choice between 0% crit and doing 8k damage on a normal attack, or 100% crit and doing 8k damage on a crit, the crit will give me 2 CP's so it's better. This is how I view agility vs strength

agi is WAY BETTER than str.

15+ Year Old Account

Gear homoginize. blizzard is trying to eliminate certain stats to be only for one class. STR is poor for rouges as it is poor for hunters. So what they did was make most leather/mail gear have AGI over it. That way instead of having 2 helms one with STR one with AGI they can just have the one.

For some reason it took them awhile to get druids on the same level, mainly due to STR being the Plate wearing DPS/Tanking stat and thought druids should be the same.

I don't think it's a bad idea at all. It makes a lot more sense for a cat to favor Agi over Str. They're.. cats. They're about swiftness.
    Meanwhile a bear would favor Str from both a gameplay and logical point of view. They want more AP for Savage Defense, and they're bears. They favor overpowering enemies through brute force.