1. #1

    Lifeblood in Shadowform?

    Just wondering if it were castable in shadowform, i thought not since draenei racial breaks shadowform.

  2. #2

    Re: Lifeblood in Shadowform?

    This question made me so confused my head blew up...
    Quote Originally Posted by figginnoob
    Or, maybe you could start a trend by playing WoW with your elbows. Then you could say, "WoW! Look at me! I play WoW with my elbows! I'm HARDCORE!". Then you could feel satisfied knowing that you're awesome 'cause you play with your elbows and are much better than those sorry casual scrubs that don't.

  3. #3
    Scarab Lord AetherMcLoud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    My own private hell
    Posts
    4,156

    Re: Lifeblood in Shadowform?

    Seeing as using lifeblood doesn't break rogue stealth I assume it doesn't break shadowform too?
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite signature on the forum.

  4. #4

    Re: Lifeblood in Shadowform?

    He asks because the draenei racial gift of the naaru is classified as a holy spell so it breaks shadowform.

    Lifeblood however is technically a nature spell, so you should be fine.

    Lifeblood: http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=55500
    Gift of the Naaru: http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=59547

    Check the "school" category.

    In regard to Aether, the difference is shadowform locks out holy spells. It's not that shadowform would prevent you from casting it, he was just curious if it pulled you out of shadow in the same way casting greater heal or renew would.

  5. #5

    Re: Lifeblood in Shadowform?

    Well, Gift of the Naaru is a holy spell. You cannot cast holy spells in Shadowform, apart from the ones it specifically says. Lifeblood is not a holy spell. It is castable in Shadowform.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

  6. #6

    Re: Lifeblood in Shadowform?

    Lifeblood dont break shadowform. Used many times on my sp.

  7. #7

    Re: Lifeblood in Shadowform?

    Ofc lifeblood in shadowform.And in current condition in the game i think it s preferable to choose proffessions in herbalism-alchemy espessially for arena usage!!!Odd but true.I use to play lifeblood in dispersion and its doing great! Also i think in alchemy u can make potion for arena usage,so u can play dispersion-lifeblood-potion!If u are not bored to "lvl up" new professions its worth it!Whatever saves a..es worth it

  8. #8

    Re: Lifeblood in Shadowform?

    Gift of The Naaru is not a holy spell.

    The holy spells in the shadowform tooltip refer to spells from your holy tab in your spellbook.

    If GotN breaks shadowform, you have to cry with blizzard about being treated unfairly.
    They'll change it, they should change it.

    My priest isn't draenei, so I don't care tbh..

  9. #9

    Re: Lifeblood in Shadowform?

    Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    Gift of The Naaru is not a holy spell.

    The holy spells in the shadowform tooltip refer to spells from your holy tab in your spellbook.

    If GotN breaks shadowform, you have to cry with blizzard about being treated unfairly.
    They'll change it, they should change it.

    My priest isn't draenei, so I don't care tbh..
    Gift of the Naaru is a holy spell though. If you interrupt a priest or pally casting GotN then that locks out their other holy spells as well. It is a racial, but it is holy. It's been that way for 2 years now so I don't foresee them changing it now, unfortunately. It would be nice, but I don't see it happening.

  10. #10

    Re: Lifeblood in Shadowform?

    It is a Holy spell. Just look through the spell type and description on Wowhead. Lifeblood is a Nature spell, and does not break Shadowform. Basically the way it seems to work is:

    If it is a Holy spell it is locked out, unless it is a Discipline tree spell. The only exceptions are the ones Shadowform says, and Discipline tree spells.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

  11. #11

    Re: Lifeblood in Shadowform?

    *Misread the post*, but still viable somewhat. Blizzard just can't figure out what to do about shadowforms technicalities.

    Priests have 3 tabs Disc, Holy and Shadow, but only 2 schools Holy and Shadow. Everything in Disc tab is Holy except Manaburn. Most spells in the disc tab are instant so its impossible to interrupt them, but if your interrupted on a Holy spell then you cannot cast them.


    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Blade&cn=Ap%C3%A1che

  12. #12

    Re: Lifeblood in Shadowform?

    lol i need to L2read i thought he said lifeblooM...
    Quote Originally Posted by figginnoob
    Or, maybe you could start a trend by playing WoW with your elbows. Then you could say, "WoW! Look at me! I play WoW with my elbows! I'm HARDCORE!". Then you could feel satisfied knowing that you're awesome 'cause you play with your elbows and are much better than those sorry casual scrubs that don't.

  13. #13

    Re: Lifeblood in Shadowform?

    Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    Gift of The Naaru is not a holy spell.

    The holy spells in the shadowform tooltip refer to spells from your holy tab in your spellbook.

    If GotN breaks shadowform, you have to cry with blizzard about being treated unfairly.
    They'll change it, they should change it.

    My priest isn't draenei, so I don't care tbh..
    I tried this once. Didn't work.
    Shoop.

  14. #14

    Re: Lifeblood in Shadowform?

    Quote Originally Posted by CSJenova
    Gift of the Naaru is a holy spell though. If you interrupt a priest or pally casting GotN then that locks out their other holy spells as well. It is a racial, but it is holy. It's been that way for 2 years now so I don't foresee them changing it now, unfortunately. It would be nice, but I don't see it happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    It is a Holy spell. Just look through the spell type and description on Wowhead. Lifeblood is a Nature spell, and does not break Shadowform. Basically the way it seems to work is:

    If it is a Holy spell it is locked out, unless it is a Discipline tree spell. The only exceptions are the ones Shadowform says, and Discipline tree spells.
    Two people who totally missed the point.

  15. #15

    Re: Lifeblood in Shadowform?

    Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    Two people who totally missed the point.
    no, sorry, you did. it locks out all holy school, not holy spec spells; i don't know where you got your (mis)information. notice how if you get a fheal kicked your penance gets locked out too? gotn is the same way, sorry. lifeblood is not.

  16. #16

    Re: Lifeblood in Shadowform?

    Quote Originally Posted by c4tuna
    no, sorry, you did. it locks out all holy school, not holy spec spells; i don't know where you got your (mis)information. notice how if you get a fheal kicked your penance gets locked out too? gotn is the same way, sorry. lifeblood is not.
    Three people d:

  17. #17

    Re: Lifeblood in Shadowform?

    Quote Originally Posted by c4tuna
    no, sorry, you did. it locks out all holy school, not holy spec spells; i don't know where you got your (mis)information. notice how if you get a fheal kicked your penance gets locked out too? gotn is the same way, sorry. lifeblood is not.
    You're not getting the point.

    Yes, it's a spell in the holy school, but it's NOT a holy spell.

    Two different things.

  18. #18

    Re: Lifeblood in Shadowform?

    Quote Originally Posted by c4tuna
    no, sorry, you did. it locks out all holy school, not holy spec spells; i don't know where you got your (mis)information. notice how if you get a fheal kicked your penance gets locked out too? gotn is the same way, sorry. lifeblood is not.
    Shadowform disables the spells in the holy TAB though, not the school, that's why you can still cast the holy spells from the Disc tab when in shadowform (Power Word: Shield).

    Why you people are discussing school lockouts like counter spell is beyond me.

    In short, Shadowform shouldn't disable Goatman racial, if it does, it's probably a bug.

    I guess Blizzard just disabled all holy spells when in shadow form but made the holy spells in the disc tab exceptions to the rule, afaik there are no other spells in the game that cares about spell tabs in this way

  19. #19

    Re: Lifeblood in Shadowform?

    It was confirmed by Blizzard to be intended because it is a holy spell, and they didn't want some Priests to be able to cast a Holy healing spell in Shadowform.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •