Page 1 of 2
LastLast

No more heroics?

Let's take a situation that will be the majority of the WoW community. Uldar is release and there is no new hero or valor gear introduced. People get the new gear on their mains. Why would anybody, other than fun or rep, do heroics at this point? You can't really argue that people need it to gear up because as soon as you hit 80 on your alt a 10 or 25 man gear Uldar group can bring you along to a 25 man Naxx run and epic you out in a few short weeks.

What happened at the end of TBC was just ridiculous. The badge system got out of hand when people could turn in 150 badges for a SWP equivalent item. So I don't see people being able to turn in 200 heroism emblems in favor of a conquest item.

The only thing I can come up with to keep heroics somewhat alive is offer a conversion of some sort. Nothing game breaking but something that can fill a small void. Offer special mounts you can purchase.

Examples:

10 Heroism = 1 Valor
    10 Valor = 1 Conquest

Mounts = 200-300 heroism

The conversion I used as an example would be a fair ratio, IMO. People won't be able to abuse this since a 30 conquest item would require 1,500 Heroism. And at a 4 emblem per instance ratio that would take 375 heroics to get one item. This would be more of a filler. When 3.1 goes live the number of emblems will be:

4- Obs
    4- VoA (New boss in vault)
    16- Naxx (15 bosses + 1 extra from KT)
    15- Uldar (Assume 14 bosses + 1 extra from Yoggy) **Please note extra boss on hard mode might drop 1-2**

Per week you can net 39 Valor and 15 Conquest** So even with my conversion you will only allow an extra 3-4 conquest per week. This is not game breaking and could help us spend those soon to be useless emblems.

Re: No more heroics?

Quote Originally Posted by charbelcher

Examples:

10 Heroism = 1 Valor
    10 Valor = 1 Conquest

Mounts = 200-300 heroism
    so you're saying, get 3 bosses dead in ulduar25(3 emblems i'd say), you switch that to 30 valor, switch that to 300 heroism, new mount? sweet..
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin
    South Park's 'Gay Fish' was actually a lot catchier than a lot of Kanye songs. Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrion
    There are 300 heroism mounts so...
    Wouldn't mind having something like MGT was in BC, a post release heroic, with a different badge system seperate from Heroism. Maybe even make an entire set of "wings" of new post-release heroics to justify a new badge system, or maybe make them 10 man Ulduar tough..., cept in 5 man sizes. Meh, not that I really REALLY support this, just an interesting idea.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by harrygoboom
    so you're saying, get 3 bosses dead in ulduar25(3 emblems i'd say), you switch that to 30 valor, switch that to 300 heroism, new mount? sweet..
    fail. he's saying 300 heroism badges earned -> 30 valor -> 3 conquest.

and I think thats a fair conversion since its not exactly fast to gather conquest badges that way and almost probably no casuals would use them on the conquest badges other than to maybe, MAYBE squeeze the last life out of their heroism badges, if they've got nothing else left to buy from them. I know I wouldnt spend hours and hours on end getting enough for 1, 1 stinking conquest badge :P

First off I didn't say 1 for 10. You will still have to run the heroics to get the new mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by soad
    u do realize that some peeps will still run trough heroics for REPUTATION AND ACHIEVMENTS
    Yes I do, but most of the people that care already have them. And the only thing you have left is the really really casual people and alts. Most of the people I know don't usually care to much about Achievement points on alts.

This is only the first content patch. What happens in 3.3 when we have

Heroism
    Valor
    Conquest

Heroism and Valor and probably conquest will be forgotten for the most part. I am simply trying to find a use for them after things start to progress.

Well people still do heroics for things like heirloom items. I personally have about 5 of them for my alts and i will continue to do heroics.

Cylon's Warcraft Blog - News, guides and more! Come join my community.

Its a nice idea but the whole reason Blizz made this system over just Heroism is to stop people who don't/can't raid from just doing heroics and getting best in slot gear for their play level
    Also if you introduced this it would stop people gearing up off specs with badge gear, as they would just want to save as many badges as possible to turn into the next tier to get that little extra advantage

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Xs
    Its a nice idea but the whole reason Blizz made this system over just Heroism is to stop people who don't/can't raid from just doing heroics and getting best in slot gear for their play level
    Also if you introduced this it would stop people gearing up off specs with badge gear, as they would just want to save as many badges as possible to turn into the next tier to get that little extra advantage
    this, i think blizzard will probably add a conversion system. but if they did it at release of 3.1 and had said they were going to, everyone would have horded their badges heroism & valor. i know players that have over the 300 mark for heroism and several hundred valor on them atm. meaning if the trade system was implemented now they could almost buy a conquest item off the bat. think of everyone saving their honor points pre-bc so they could buy all the best pvp items.

Reputation is worthless other than getting the librams relevent to your class.

The only reasons for running heroics are:

-Boredom

-Dailies

-Gearing out alts
    CoryEverson: lvl80 Death Knight (Lich King)

15+ Year Old Account

yeah it's gonna be bad. I say so because it'll be even easier to run naxx because there are hardcore players that will Pug Naxx when they're bored or for whatever reason meaning it can either carry a not so geared player that much further or finish the raid for semi-geared players that much quicker.

I don't know how one declares that the TBC badge system was flawed and ridiculous and then in the next paragraph wants to initiate a badge upgrade turnin, it's mind boggling.

It would take a LOT more badges to get t8 GEAR. A lot.

A LOT.
    CoryEverson: lvl80 Death Knight (Lich King)

15+ Year Old Account

No he is referring to people who have been doing heroics and heroic dailys, all that stuff. Who are now spending all their emblems on alt-twink gear. because there is nothing else to spend the emblems on. Now I personally don't wanna do heroics anymore myself either. But raiding ten mans is useless as 1 legged man in an @*# kicking contest too. So His theory in Part:
    Spend 10 Emblems of Heroism to get 1 Emblem of Valor
    Spend 10 Emblems of Valor to get 1 Conquest Token
    That way, If your standing tall on Emblems of heroism, and your alts are all twinked ZOMGWTF. You can spend them to actually better your "Main Character."

Heroism and Valor and probably conquest will be forgotten for the most part. I am simply trying to find a use for them after things start to progress.
    If blizzard made them "Forgotten" It would be the stupidest thing they ever did. Nobody would ever run the heroics that they designed. With the exception of "Alternate Gearing." They spent alot of time on the content in this particular expansion. Graphics alone most likely took a year or better.
    Just, Forgetting Emblems. Would give players absolutely no reason to raid 10 player content, do heroics, or even some dailys.
    Now in my opinion. Giving a Conversion would be nice. The 10 heroism for 1 Valor idea i like. I really like it actually. Because that way, you could still have somewhat of a reason to go into naxx10 and dominate it like you have been. To still Better yourself. Rather than just gear runs for the new players in your guild. Or alts.

Made by Ariyana!

15+ Year Old Account

Dungeons pass away, that's normal.
    Nobody runs deathmines or maraudon today, except for twinks or newbies.
    Same thing with 80 hero dungeons.
    Engame is now on level 2 (with Ulduar) and the heroics are old.
    You can use them for equipment for Naxx/ maybe Ulduar, rep. or Hairloom

You all know what would happend if running heroics or Naxx would gave the same loot as ulduar

"It's to hard, i've real live, LFM NAXX SPEEDRUN ONLY FULL T8"

If ulduar ist 1 % harder than naxx or any heroic, the crowd never would see it because farming VH gave faster epixxs

btw. i'm for new challenging heroes, where you need ilvl 200 and know your class well. I don't mind if there would dropp the ulduar ilvl
    German player, sorry for bad grammar.

Gief new 5man instance like HC MGt was back in the days.
    Hard and fun in the beginning. New boss styles and good loot
    (yes it was hard in the beginning like other heroics. 5-6-7 man trash groups. massive damage at bosses, PvP boss)

Examples:

10 Heroism = 1 Valor
    10 Valor = 1 Conquest

Mounts = 200-300 heroism
    This would be nice, but I don't think it will happen.

I agree something should be done to attempt to keep heroics alive. I hit 80 on my alt and I only ran enough heroics to get the head enchant from ebon blade. I just got carried threw naxx by some friends.

RWeber

What happened at the end of TBC was just ridiculous. The badge system got out of hand when people could turn in 150 badges for a SWP equivalent item. So I don't see people being able to turn in 200 heroism emblems in favor of a conquest item.
    The badge system in TBC was pretty damn near perfect. And you couldn't get SWP equivalent gear with them (that's what the sunmotes were for) only BT/Hyjal equivalent.

People seem to think that casual players somehow got decked out in full badge sets, but that never happened. A casual player would be lucky to get just one badge piece, those 150 badges were not easy to get if you were pugging heroics or in a dodgy kara guild.

There were many benefits to allowing an alternative route to end-game gear: Guilds struggling in progression could pick up a few high ilvl pieces to help them through. Serious latecomers could do the big grind to gear up with badge gear enough to apply to successful guilds, helping them not get stuck in failing kara guilds. Heroics didn't stagnate, and even end-game guilds would arrange kara runs with mains. And raiders could fill in gaps in their gear outside of raids. All of these were immensely positive things, and all those benefits are lost with the new tiered badge system.

The only people who ever had problems with the system were a few individuals with fragile egos. In general it was only the people who were being carried through content that had the time to worry about what other people were wearing instead of worrying about their own progress.

This whole idea blows imo. You want to make people do heroics because there is a reward at the end of a very long grindfest.
    People should do heroics for fun, not because they want to farm 3k badges to get a BiS trinket. Perhaps its time for a new difficulty level, something that scales with your gear so even in Icecrown epics 5manners would be still challenging. Add some decent rewards that can be upgraded later on (i was thinking about gems, patterns, gear enchants (stuff like aldor or hodir), mounts and trinkets) rather than normal gear.

People still run heroics?

I haven´t run a heroic in the last 5-6 weeks.
    I bought all I can get for my main and my "altmain" + BOA-trinket, stave and 2H-Axe and 2 pair of shoulders (emblems).

I see no point in running heroics, if they really wanted to make make fun heroics make them yberhard. Since you can only bring 5 people anyway it would be perfectly fine anyway: yberhard 5-man boss = easier then a raidboss.
    What I want to see are heroic only dungeons that really give you a run for your money.

You all seem to assume everyone blows through the content in a matter of days or weeks. Not everyone has so much free time to just sit around running dungeons every day, all day for weeks on end. Especially not heroics or raids. But those are also the people you all tend to look down on anyways so I guess it's a moot point.