15+ Year Old Account

Dots up and Mind Control?

I got the idea for this in the other MC (disc) thread here. Seeing as I play a shadowpriest with a restoshaman, MCing a healer while my partner downs his DPS isn't an option for me. But what I never really tried:

If i have my 3 dots up on my target and mindcontrol it, it becomes my pet and therefore friendly for the duration. But will my 3 dots still do damage to it while mindcontrolled?

I'd say yes but can someone confirm this conclusion?
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Re: Dots up and Mind Control?

Dots will continue to dmg yes.

But MC is easy enough to break anyway.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by LavaDuck
    Dots will continue to dmg yes.

But MC is easy enough to break anyway.
    Yeah but if I can prevent a healer from healing that way it might be worth it if silence is on cooldown.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Too bad MC has the shittiest of ranges...
    I dont PvP anyway..so it doesnt bother me...

Quote Originally Posted by dsmet
    way to make a constructive comment.
    and yea as it has already been mentioned. you can dot your target and then mc it with the dots still ticking.

To be honest:

If you play S-Priest / Resto Shaman, you'll not down any opposing healer who's in his right mind using this strat.

Seriously, I'm the healer in my team, and the moment you did this to me my DPS would go nuts on you - and there's nothing you can do about it. You can't move, you can't cast, your MC will be cut shorter and shorter and anything you'll eventually do will set me free.

All this time you're basically taking tons of damage while you're doing only average damage yourself - just to protect your DoTs from being dispelled? No Mind Flay? No Mind Blast? No SWeath?

I'd say this could work for fun somewhere in the 1100s where you meet a healer that is truly shocked out of his game when you do MC him, but not against any competitive team (not that Shadowpriest/Resto Shaman actually had a chance against any competitive team... and I'm sorry for all you Shadowpriests and hope that you'll be better off soon!)

Fear has same range,and it is way more used,than MC:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19
    If someone will tell me true meaning of life I will quit right away and start doing "that thing".

Quote Originally Posted by Nighty
    way to make a constructive comment.
    and yea as it has already been mentioned. you can dot your target and then mc it with the dots still ticking.
    whats there to make constructive comments about? OP asked a question, it got answered, i was just stating the obvious, and it was merely a +1 post ...i tought it was clear that MC is a bad option in PvP, for the short range that it has, the 3 sec casttime, the fact that it also CCs you, and that it can easily break.

Quote Originally Posted by sowing
    Fear has same range,and it is way more used,than MC:P
    Fear doesnt have a casttime, and doesnt render you useless for the time that it is in application...maybe thats why :P

Fear doesnt have a casttime, and doesnt render you useless for the time that it is in application...maybe thats why :P

Fear has a cast time >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrion
    His shammy could just hex your dps...
    True.

But in that case he'll only prevent the S-Priest from taking damage, give away his option for CC which might be more effective if used on the focus target at the right time and DoTs + MC still won't kill any reasonably equipped healer and will still only effectively limit the S-Priests overall DPS. Plus, if The Hex is trinketed you're back to square one.

Quote Originally Posted by Revoka

Fear has a cast time >.>
    Really?...wow...this is news to me...

/sarcasm

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=10890

edit: sorry for being a jerk...

Quote Originally Posted by Revoka

Fear has a cast time >.>
    You're in the priest forum buddy - not warlock.

Really? Fear has a cast time? I'm not expert but i'm pretty sure on my priest it's instant cast... Maybe i'm just bugged out all the time or a game hack? I dunno...
    Azrax, Level 85 Gnome Rogue
    Kárnivool, Level 85 Human Priest
    <Ka Pai> - New Zealand based 25 man, 3 day raiding guild. We strive to provide an attractive, enjoyable, and constructive raid environment. Currently 4/8 Heroic Dragon Soul.

---- Currently Retired from Early Dragon Soul Progression, will be back for Mists!! ----

Even better is the fact that a Fury Warrior's "MS" (Furious Attacks) are based off of auto attacks, so you can apply it by beating on a healer while your team mate focusses on some heavy burst. It's funnier than hell, but hey I'll take it.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Annesh
    Way to completely miss the point.

The OP wants to MC his kill target while his dots tick, so that the enemy healer can't heal, since the kill target becomes an enemy to the enemy healer.

That clear enough for you?
    Indeed that was my question. Thanks for the replies to all though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Even better is the fact that a Fury Warrior's "MS" (Furious Attacks) are based off of auto attacks, so you can apply it by beating on a healer while your team mate focusses on some heavy burst. It's funnier than hell, but hey I'll take it.
    Good to know :P