Thread: Tier Droprates

Tier Droprates

I play two characters orgue and pala and i have noticed that dk druid rogue mage tier always drops so much more often than other tiers. Then i realised that many people were complaining and it basically came down to 4 classes/3 classes/3 classes so it should be 40% 30% 30% drop rate.
    And like 99% of the posters (who apparently fail at logic and math) defend this drop rate because there are more classes blabla.

The thing is, you do not bring a class to a raid, you bring a spec to a raid. That being said
    Conqueror- Pally (3 sets) Priest (2 sets) Warlock (1 set) for 6 total
    Protector- Warrior (2 sets) Hunter (1 set) Shaman (3 sets) for 6 total
    Vanquisher- Rogue (1 set) Death Knight (2 sets) Mage (1 set) Druid (3 sets) for 7 total

Vanquisher clearly has more specs for their classes, so my question is why is the drop rate 30% 30% 40% when clearly the math states it should be 31.5% 31.5% and 37%

There are a total of 19 specs, so 6/19 = 31.5% and 7/19 = 37%
    I know it doesnt make such a huge difference but still if people are trying to justify a drop rate based on math shouldnt they atleast do it properly?
    It wouldnt be hard at all for blizzard to change the droprates to those numbers then there would be no reason for people to complain because its mathematically sound. Whereas now it looks like a 5th grader decided on 40% because of his lack of understanding in basic math.

Re: Tier Droprates

So, what you're saying is you bring 19 players into a 10 man raid and 19 players into a 25 man raid. I wonder how are those 10 mans going for you.
    Q.: What happens when a Paladin uses Consecration while at the same time a Death Knight puts up Desecration?

A.: No man's land.

Quote Originally Posted by The Death Itself
    So, what you're saying is you bring 19 players into a 10 man raid and 19 players into a 25 man raid. I wonder how are those 2 mans going for you.
    Were you dropped on your head as a child?

RNG is hard stuff

And why on earth would you write a post on MMO-champion about Blizzard sorting the droprate? First of all it's useless whine over nothing, second you'd have more luck writing on actual Blizzard forums.

What drops is usually on a random chance. Maybe you just have a really bad luck and aren't meant to get your tokens.

On the rates, the ratio of classes and specs isn't the only thing Blizzard looks into. You have to look at the amount of players and how many play what classes.

To solve your problem, run more. Running more = more chances to get your piece. Now, if you're running and not clearing the bosses that drop your tokens or can't down them, urdoinitwrong.

A 1.5% drop rate increase would certainly make them far more common...8-10 tokens a month, 104 tokens a year...good job, assuming perfect RNG you got 2 more Conqueror/Protector tokens over the course of an entire year of killing the same boss.

This has been discussed elsewhere and the numbers you proposed are so minuscule that you wouldn't notice the difference even if that was the case. My 10 man guild has had 1 vanquisher leg drop and 2 vanquisher helm drops in 3 months of Naxx. RNG will always screw someone...increasing the drop rate one 2 tokens by a measly 1.5% and lowering Vanquisher by 3% would have made an unnoticeable difference.

Tier tokens work out better than T1 and T2...but just like back in MC...someone is going to get screwed out of their full tier because they just never saw those final pieces drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Restrogue
    Were you dropped on your head as a child?
    Sorry, edited, that 2 should have been a 10.
    Q.: What happens when a Paladin uses Consecration while at the same time a Death Knight puts up Desecration?

Technically speaking druids have 4 sets - feral dps, feral tank, balance & resto. Factoring this in in your own math it gives Vanquisher - 8 sets, Conqueror - 6 sets, Protector - 6 sets, and doing the math - 40%, 30% & 30% respectively.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)

Ghostcrawler: Death knights are the only current Hero class, which means they are supposed to be the best class in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by CSJenova
    A 1.5% drop rate increase would certainly make them far more common...8-10 tokens a month, 104 tokens a year...good job, assuming perfect RNG you got 2 more Conqueror/Protector tokens over the course of an entire year of killing the same boss.

This has been discussed elsewhere and the numbers you proposed are so minuscule that you wouldn't notice the difference even if that was the case. My 10 man guild has had 1 vanquisher leg drop and 2 vanquisher helm drops in 3 months of Naxx. RNG will always screw someone...increasing the drop rate one 2 tokens by a measly 1.5% and lowering Vanquisher by 3% would have made an unnoticeable difference.

Tier tokens work out better than T1 and T2...but just like back in MC...someone is going to get screwed out of their full tier because they just never saw those final pieces drop.
    Jesus thank you for a normal reply for once, finding it pretty hard to read anything normal these days. But what i dont get is you are agreeing that the numbers should be that way but the change doesnt make a difference? If it does make a difference no matter how small, im not only talking about me persoanlly. On the scale of every person playing this game it does make the difference. Your numbers were just for one guild run whereas the game consists of hundreds of servers each with atleast 30+ clears of nax a week. So yes it does make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Qrio
    Technically speaking druids have 4 sets - feral dps, feral tank, balance & resto. Factoring this in in your own math it gives Vanquisher - 8 sets, Conqueror - 6 sets, Protector - 6 sets, and doing the math - 40%, 30% & 30% respectively.
    Technically speaking if that was blizzards intention then theyre ven more retarded than i previously thought. Why make 8 6 6 when you can switch paladin or shaman with druid and get 7 7 6 and make it more fair for every1?

Quote Originally Posted by The Death Itself
    Sorry, edited, that 2 should have been a 10.
    And still i fail to see your point and i only go 10 mans on my pally when im playing, my rogue is bis. If you have nothing constructive to say then kindly f off your attempt at humor failed badly.

Being able to buy 2pc Tier 7 with Emblems of Heroism and 2pc Tier 7.5 with Emblems of Valour did help counter the RNG factor a little bit. And of course there is good old Vault of Loot in Wintergrasp.

What was actually wrong with the AQ40 token system? Anyone knows why they changed it?

On every single kill in AQ40 you get 2 different tokens that cover all classes. That kind of system would solve this whole RNG problem everyone has experienced.

Technically speaking if that was blizzards intention then theyre ven more retarded than i previously thought. Why make 8 6 6 when you can switch paladin or shaman with druid and get 7 7 6 and make it more fair for every1?
    Why Blizz didn't make it like that is completely different question.

Currently, with the current class distribution for tokens as I showed you above the drop rates seem to be justified. When RNG comes into play, there is nothing you can do about it RNG is never fair

Ghostcrawler: Death knights are the only current Hero class, which means they are supposed to be the best class in the game.

15+ Year Old Account

Even though its technically correct both Feral Tank and Feral DPS are using the same set so the math won't change

Technically speaking there's only 1 set for ferals despite the 2 roles.

But if you wanna be retarded, technically Disc and Holy are stand-alone specs for priests that value different stats so priests should have 3 sets.

You can turn this around and make it in such a way that every class should have at least 3 sets, some even more.

"I value +haste over +crit for my X spec of X class, I demand a different token"

This doesn't change the fact that a bear & cat need completely different stats (gems, enchants, whatever you like) and they can simply not perform both roles with exactly the same set, therefore the need for two even though they are the same. I have yet to see a cat using only their tanking set to DPS.

And again, 1.5% increase is so small that you will hardly ever notice any difference.

A sigil that I'm waiting to drop supposedly has 12-25% drop rate. I haven't seen it in 19 weeks. Is that fair? Can I demand a higher drop rate?

Why doesn't Blizzard just look at class representation statistics and have tokens drop based on the percentage of people who pay each class?

/sarcasm

And still i fail to see your point and i only go 10 mans on my pally when im playing, my rogue is bis. If you have nothing constructive to say then kindly f off your attempt at humor failed badly.

You yourself said that there are 19 different spec roles (well 20 when someone edited you on feral druid dps but that info wasn't available then). That means you'll probably bring 6 more people. While you can't bring 0,6 of each class but 1x6 out of 10 classes that messes your calculations on the drop chances since it increase the drop chance of some while decrease the drop chance of other depending on what you choose. There are 4 available tank specs. For some fights you may only need 1 and you have to get rid of those other 3 tanks from your calculations (Malygos for example, but he doesn't give tier tokens) aswell as I kinda doubt you got 4 tanks for Naxxramas runs.