Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Black Ice or Titansteel Destroyer?

Jez guys, learn to use your wowhead.

http://www.wowhead.com/?compare=40497;41257;37653

So basically you're looking at a truckload of stats (108 Agi, 134 AP, 58 Haste,18 Hit, 17.2 DPS) vs 124 strength. Not to mention a top-end about 100 higher. (TSD/black ice only comparison here http://www.wowhead.com/?compare=40497;41257)

Anyone with a ret stat weight can do the rest.

EDIT: Isn't sword of justice a better starter melee weapon then TSD anyway? Updated the wowhead comparison to include it.

Etonlor

Oh, ah. Now I see.

Well in the case that you already have both, then go with black ice until you are able to get DB, or BoH.

TD isn't as terrible as people are making it out to be. It's overshadowed by a couple of weapons, but I used it and did just fine DPS until my DB dropped. If you have a chance at BI and don't have DB yet (since we are talking 10 or < raid weapons) use it.

Looks mean a lot too. If you can't stand looking at your character, are you having fun? (this is why I'm an ENG, use the STH, and leave helm off. Curse you blizz)

Quote Originally Posted by Einarr
    haha fail spec.
    you created an account for this?

Black ice is clearly better. All things being equal you should always take str over AP, but in this case, things are quite far from equal.

Assuming you have kings (affects the str on TSD and the agi on BI), you'll see your stats change like so:
    Min Dmg: +63
    Max Dmg: +95
    Avg Dmg: +79

AP: -179
    SP: -54 (from sheath)

Hit: +0.55%
    Haste: +1.77%
    Crit: +2.28%

Net change to "weapon damage": To get this we need to look at the change due to AP as well as the base damage on the weapon.
    (-179 AP / 14) * 3.3 = -42.19

Net Min: -42.19 + 63 = +20.81
    Net Max: -42.19 + 95 = +52.81
    Net Avg: -42.19 + 79 = +36.81

So, even with the huge loss of AP, any ability that is based off some % of "weapon damage" (crusader strike, divine storm, Sob, JoB) will see a damage increase, even if you ignore the extra crit, hit, and haste on this weapon. This is due to the fact that it is slower than TSD, and thus has significantly higher base damage, giving it a huge benefit for any attack that uses the base damage of the weapon.

White damage won't see any benefit of the weapon being slower, but should still come out on top:
    -179 / 14 = -12.79 DPS lost from AP
    -12.79 + 203.7 = 190.91 DPS, which is higher than the 186.5 from TSD.

The only abilities that will net a loss in damage from this upgrade are Consecration, Exorcism and Holy Wrath, because they scale with AP independently of weapon damage. They also get damage from SP, but since all your SP comes from AP this can just be treated as increased AP scaling on these abilities.

I don't know the coefficients of those spells off-hand, but the damage gained from the weapon based abilities, as well as the huge amount more crit, and respectable increase in hit and haste will easily outshine any damage lost to these AP only scaling abilities.

All that said, there are better 2h out there for str based classes, so I can see some groups/guilds reserving BI for hunters, but if you have it or have access to it, it most certainly is better than TSD.
    Main: Enhance Shaman
    Current alt status:
    80 Unholy DK - 80 Feral Druid - 80 Disc Priest
    80 Ret Paladin - 80 Arcane Mage - 80 Prot Warrior
    77 Warlock - 80 Marks Hunter - 75 Rogue

I participated in the legendary Bacon thread.

On topic, ignoring spec:

Black Ice wins every time. If you look at where our DPS comes from, the stats on Titansteel Destroyer are great, but the DPS isn't. The slower speed and higher DPS of Black Ice means it wins out every time against TD. Plus, with 3.1 coming, hit rating is now more valuable than strength (beneath the cap, of course), and haste got a significant boost as well. If you have the choice, take Black Ice.

/end discussion
    WTF folder, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by atf

Is this really a question..Black Ice. More hit rating, more crit, more haste. But, not as much AP, but thats made up for the extra wep dmg on it.
    Red Bull Gives You Wings!

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by atf
    LMAO

Truth is:
    Betrayer of humanity

Etonlor