Empowered Renew Question

Empowered Renew rank 3
    Your Renew spell gains an additional 15% of your bonus healing effects, and your Renew will instantly heal the target for 15% of the total periodic effect.

My spellpower is 2200, so 15% of 2200 means Renew is getting a total of +330? That's +66 per tick for a total of 346 every 3 sec? As well as 51.9 up front? Does anyone know what that means with the coefficient applied? Frack, I hope it sounds like I know what I'm talking about

Re: Empowered Renew Question

I'm assuming a build close to http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...0&version=9757

Renew heals 1400 over 15 seconds and has a coefficient of 1.88, so:

[1400 + ((1.88+.15) * 2200)] * 1.05 * 1.1 * 1.15 = 7792 over 15 seconds and 1169 up front

Very cool Heriana, thx! Where did you find the equation?

Quote Originally Posted by fibre
    Very cool Heriana, thx! Where did you find the equation?
    i'm guessing he made it

[base heal + ((coefficient +emp renew) * spell power)] * twin disciples * spiritual healing * imp renew
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerlu
    www.femaledwarf.com

Learn it, love it.

Oh boy renew....

Givens: 2200SP, 5/5 Twin Disciplines (5% effectiveness on IC spells), 3/3 Imp Renew (15% effectiveness), 5/5 Spiritual Healing (10% 3/3 Empowered Renew (15% additional bonus healing + free IC heal for 15% of the total effect)

Base healing for Renew rank 14 is 1400 over 15sec.

So... the base spellpower coefficient on renew is 187.87%. Add in 15% from Empowered Renew your at 202.87% for your final coefficient.

The base multiplier is 100%. Multiply 5%(TD), 15%(IR), and 10%(SH) into 100% and your final multiplier is 132.83%.

Insert numbers into super nerdy math formula:

Output = Multiplier ( Base + [ Coefficient * Spellpower ] )

7788(rounded)=1.3283 (1400 + [2.0287 * 2200]) [3.1 stats]
    7350(rounded)=1.3283 (1400 + [1.8787 * 2200]) [3.0.8 stats]

So for just the renew ticks... you will net gain 438 healing over 15sec, or 87.6 healing per tick.

Now... for the "free heal" nerdy math equation:

Free Heal = Output * .15

1168.2 = 7788 * .15

So your renew with all these stupid coefficients and multipliers will tick for 7788 over 15sec with a 1168 instant heal.

Hope that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritusVex
    Arrrrgh... beaten to the punch!!!! Curse my loquaciousness!!!
    Haha I made my post pretty quickly to avoid being beat.

Anyways Fibre,

Your standard equation is:

[Base_Damage/Healing + (Spell_Power * Spell_Power_Coefficient)] * Multipliers

In this case:
    Base Damage= 1400
    Spell Power = 2200
    Spell Power Coefficient = 1.88 + .15 (Empowered Renew Talent)
    Multipliers = 1.05 (Twin Disciplines) * 1.1 (Spiritual healing) * 1.15 (Improved Renew)

Deleted

now this is all good. but how much will the glyph do.

you lose one tick so thats around 1500 healing but each tick gets 25% stronger?

now is the second thing. rank 14 heals 1400 in 15 sec. now with the glyph dose it now heal 1400 over 12 sec or dose it lose one tick and only heals 1120 since it has lost a tick of 280?

i woud do the math my self if i new wich of the to woud be it. but lests just make em both.

first one heals 1400 over 12 sec with the glyph. and same spec a used above.

1.8181 (1400 + [2.0287 * 2200]) wich gives 10659 over 12 sec. wich woud be 2664 heals each 3 sec and a instance heal of 1598
    this swounds to good. so im now sure its not like this.. woud be nice if it was.

second one heals for 1120 over 12 sec with the glyph. and same spec a used above

1.8181 (1120 + [2.0287 * 2200]) wich gives 10150 over 12 sec. wich woud be 2537 heals each 3 sec and a instance heal of 1522
    this is not far off the old one. and still looks way to good. but it has to be one of them.

this realy makes the spell worth it when you pop the glyph on.

renew with out the glyph
    7788+1168= 8956
    renew with the glyph (taken the lower one)
    10150+1522=11672

that makes the glyph give 2716 more healing. wich is a lot.
    i think its worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulley
    that makes the glyph give 2716 more healing. wich is a lot.
    i think its worth it.
    The way i understood the glyph was it just increases HPS. It heals for roughly the same, but it does it in 12 seconds instead of 15.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Blade&cn=Ap%C3%A1che

Now the question is . . . can it crit? If so, I don't care if it'll heal for 1, I'll take it just for a higher chance of proccing conc or SoL

It can crit.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Blitond
    The way i understood the glyph was it just increases HPS. It heals for roughly the same, but it does it in 12 seconds instead of 15.
    well if you look at the 2 sets of math i have done i the first is ware i have kept the same healing amount as a 15 sec renew and the 2ed is ware i have removed 1/5 of the healing amount. but im unsure how the glyph works. so i just did the math on both.

and only think its the instan heal that can crit.

Lets say your renew normally heals for 10k over 15 seconds. With the glyph, it will heal for 10k over 12 seconds. So you go from 2k per tick to 2.5k per tick. Basically, It's just increasing your hps from renew by 25%.

Only the instant heal from empowered renew can crit. At least that's how it was on the ptr a few weeks ago when I tested it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Heriana
    Lets say your renew normally heals for 10k over 15 seconds. With the glyph, it will heal for 10k over 12 seconds. So you go from 2k per tick to 2.5k per tick. Basically, It's just increasing your hps from renew by 25%.
    Common sense is not so common. Although, little known fact is because the glyph of renew lowers the duration, its coefficient drops. You lose roughly 5% of its total, so that 10k/15sec becomes 9.5k/12. Still higher hps, and reapplied more often.

Only the instant heal from empowered renew can crit. At least that's how it was on the ptr a few weeks ago when I tested it out.
    I thought everyone should know this by now. And I'm pretty sure that's how it's intended, to play out like Riptide.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Common sense is not so common. Although, little known fact is because the glyph of renew lowers the duration, its coefficient drops. You lose roughly 5% of its total, so that 10k/15sec becomes 9.5k/12. Still higher hps, and reapplied more often.
    I just tried it out and you're right. I lost 2.6% off of what imo common sense would dictate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    I thought everyone should know this by now. And I'm pretty sure that's how it's intended, to play out like Riptide.
    It's kind of naive to think that everyone would know any one thing.

edit: Btw, I like the color. Makes it really easy to recognize who's posting. ;D

It's kind of naive to think that everyone would know any one thing.
    Sorry. I get a little irritable when people don't read the sixteen different topics regarding the same one thing.

edit: Btw, I like the color. Makes it really easy to recognize who's posting. ;D
    Thank you.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~