Page 1 of 2
LastLast

UB Blood Tank, is it a possibility?

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...1&version=9742

This build may be trash, I'm not an expert on DK tanking builds, but I often hear about Blood's issue with AoE threat, and I was wondering if speccing Blood/UB (50/0/21) would be feasible or if there are too many things missing.

Deleted

Re: UB Blood Tank, is it a possibility?

Really wierd spec, seems like you've taken a few DPS talents rather than actual tanking talents.
    ( Might of Mograine > Toughness / Will of the Necropolis? )
    Other than that, why would you bother to hell about AoE TPS? You can pull what you have to at trash, as any DK spec, or you sincerely fail.

~my 5 cents.

No... not worth it, you will do bad single target TPS, no 5/5 toughness, no will of the necropolis.

you will have enough AE threat from DnD, and bloodboil spam. getting UB as blood is gimping yourself bad

Alrighty, I was obviously on acid, looking at that spec again.

In 3.1 what do you think a good blood tanking spec will look like?

Also you both mentioned Will of the necropolis, with a 15 second CD to the effect, is it still worth it?

I think of something like that http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...0&version=9742
    It has UB and toughness and most needed blood tanking talents. Im not sure in the choise of the blood talents though
    Stop reading my sig, bro!

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...0&version=9742

there are some talents that can be changed for taste

IE - dropping spell deflection/mark of blood etc
    Reject common sense to make the impossible possible!

You're trying to engineer something that isn't necessary. If you want AoE threat just go Unholy or Frost. Don't force something that isn't there just to be different.

Quote Originally Posted by Uuker
    I think of something like that http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...0&version=9742
    It has UB and toughness and most needed blood tanking talents. Im not sure in the choise of the blood talents though
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...0&version=9742 This is more like it imo.. I never played with Bloodworms before but it shouldnt be too bad for a tank spec.
    In the Groves of Death

Necrosis is useless for tanking, because Rune Strikes do not benefit from it.

As far as I know, RS benefit from Necrosis.

Deleted

why do people keep saying this?

Rune Strikes hits ARE affected by Necrosis.

Quote Originally Posted by zevah
    why do people keep saying this?

Rune Strikes hits ARE affected by Necrosis.
    Oh really? I read that it's not affected by Necrosis somewhere a couple of months ago :S okay then

Runestrikes ARE affected by necrosis...if anything tanks gain a greater benefit from necrosis more than dps because necrosis only ups white dmg as dps vs runestrike + white dmg as tank.

Also, how are dark conviction and bloody vengeance a waste? They up your TPS by way more than the new sudden doom. Especially if the op is going unholy deep enough to grab necrosis. Necrosis + rune strike glyph + blood vengeance = profit single target tps.

However, i derail, i'm of the opinion that UB is not worth what you give up. There are a few fights where it's handy to have, mainly fights where adds spawn during the fight like the fire elementals on sarth. But overall, if you end up being that tank, it's better just to go unholy anyways, you'll still be able to gain more survivability or tps overall as unholy with Unholy blight than trying to force it into a blood or frost spec.

My Blood Tank spec would go something like:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...0&version=9757

A few points can be moved around for personal preference, especially in the blood tree, however, i really want to keep both blood gorged and necrosis due to the enormous benefit for runestrikes (the highest aggro ability dk's have). I don't like blood worms because most fights have ae dmg of some sort that makes the worms useless. Improved blood presence was pretty good when it was a raid wide aura. In the 3.1 form, it offers very little to a tank imo...not worth the points. I got the new and improved scent of blood because of the specs reliance on runestrikes for tps, though i may just switch that out for subversion (heartstrike crit rate) or MoM (depends on raid buffed crit chance, it may be better than an extra runestrike every 14 secs or so). Also debating switching out of the new will of the necropolis. make me so angry that they nerfed it big time but left the pally argent defender the same. I don't know about vampiric blood, but i really want glyph of runestrike and glyph of disease for the simplicity it produces on my rotation.

On a Fail Horse
    Fixt.
    <==== B Team Raider: probably not welcome in your group.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Diablomortis
    Fixt.
    I lol'd.

But yeah, this spec won't work well.. just go Unholy or Frost for more AoE as said above.

You're wasting too much points if you're going for UB.

Honestly, if you are having trouble with AE threat at this point, you need better DPS.

Trash pulls last max 10 seconds. A single DnD is all you need to keep agro till they instantly die. Ulduar trash probably won't be a massive AE fest either, so it's moot.

For bosses with adds, Morbidity + DRM'd BBs will do your job just as Blood.

As for the suggestions above saying Blood tanks should always have Rune Tap... /fail.

Rune Tap is nice for heroics with fail healer maybe, at endgame your healers shall handle the job, m8.

i would suggest this:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...6&version=9757

plenty of AoE while at the same time not sacrificing too much single target
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

This is what spec i would go with.......

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...6&version=9757

No Will of Necro, As Blood, you will be DSing on boss fights left and right, i don't see you dropping blow 35% all but one or two times in a fight, b/c if you do drop once you will pop VB and for 30sec (give or take 10sec) you will have 15% more life and 35% more heals and you will be DS your self. For 3 points i don't see a full use of it, but MotM, is almost every attack you will be doing BB for aoe, DS and HS for boss fights, you will crit as a DK, with the 5% form DC and 6 form imp DS on avg you have 12(with horn), so that is 23% just for DS, and druid buff that is 28% crit. Also you are a DK, you do damage as you tank, you will throw up big numbers.

UH Blight is the best RD for Blood in my book, lets you keep the RP you need for RS, AMS, IBF, MF and glyph of DS, with out worry that you will need to get RP real fast for some o shit button. It also fills in the blanks when you don't have any runes, blood dose not have this as a big deal but there are times when you just can't do anything, 20sec is a long time, so you can save that RP for when you need it, not to pop off a DC on one mob when you have 5 you need to worry about. There is a lot of moving also, and this bad boy moves with you, is not on the ground were you have to stay put, this lets you keep arggo on the move or even with out D&D.

Necrosis is a up in the air thing, but it adds 20% to your white damage, as a tank that is huge. Works off RS witch is huge b/c it is RS people!

I don't get rune tap, b/c as a tank you get hit hard,(i know lol ) but what i am saying is the little rune tap is not going to save the raid or even you in a 5 man if your healer can't heal you when it is on cooldown, you might live 1 more sec, but you just used up 1.5 sec in the GCD. Yes it works great with VB up, but if you have to heal and it must be done to win, then use Dark Pack, you can set up a button to pop that with VB and get back up to 54%. Yes then you could use RT to heal for more but this is when all your heals are down, and all that is left is you a lock and a mage. It would be way more epic a win if you had only 1k life left then 10k, b/c for a tank, it all just adds up to one more hit.
    Do everything you can to win and don't bitch if you lose, b/c good luck or skill a kills a kill. Only the one who lives gets to tell the till.