Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Ulduar Legendary Mace, Blue posts

"Bring the player not the class" is really a big joke from Blizz from Arena standpoint.

Actually this claim is really a big fat lie, and downright deceptive as it means exactly the opposite for Arena PvP.

Rogues be glad as you don't get any nerfs, while druid class gets major nerbat Sledgehammer all over with 3.1 patch.

(And don't say druids are OP, as druids are in the same boat as you. No representation in Arena tourney.)

I'm upset to see that you won't be able to obtain Val'anyr in 10 man. I understand that it should be hard to get and rare. But why does that exclude 10-man raiders from getting it? (I raid 10-mans because I prefer to be in a smaller group of people, and can't spare the time needed to organize a 25 man.) Why not have it drop from 10 man hard modes as well? They could even do something where you can't combine shards from 25 man with shards from 10 man, just to keep people from running both for shards.

Quote Originally Posted by Puntar
    "Bring the player not the class" is really a big joke from Blizz from Arena standpoint.

Actually this claim is really a big fat lie, and downright deceptive as it means exactly the opposite for Arena PvP.

Rogues be glad as you don't get any nerfs, while druid class gets major nerbat Sledgehammer all over with 3.1 patch.

(And don't say druids are OP, as druids are in the same boat as you. No representation in Arena tourney.)
    WHOA WHOA WHOA. Since when did "Bring the player, not the class" apply to arenas? Dude, whatever you are smoking there, I wan't some too, because I sure can't recall the moto being aimed at anything but PvE.
    Jaded and cynical bastard, plain and simple.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by sainthubbins
    I'm upset to see that you won't be able to obtain Val'anyr in 10 man. I understand that it should be hard to get and rare. But why does that exclude 10-man raiders from getting it? (I raid 10-mans because I prefer to be in a smaller group of people, and can't spare the time needed to organize a 25 man.) Why not have it drop from 10 man hard modes as well? They could even do something where you can't combine shards from 25 man with shards from 10 man, just to keep people from running both for shards.
    I think this is due to the way content is tuned in 3.1 with 25 man content being more difficult than 10 man content, therefore a Legendary should drop or be gained only from the harder of two options.

If you really think that in MMO type game some classes should have so much advantage in PvP you are playing the wrong game.

Go play a single player game and powerplay there.

Powerplaying has no place in MMO game!

As WoW is MMO game everyone should have fair share to prove their e-peen and “worthines” even in Arena, regardless of class and spec.

Sadly, Blizz devs are incappable to grasp the prime rule of game design of MMO game, that their own bias and class preference has no place in such a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Canopus
    But, here's a question: Which healing class will benefit the most from the new mace? We have yet to see what that stats actually are.
    I don't think that really matters. I'm pretty sure that everyone can agree that no matter WHAT the stats will be on the mace, it is going to be best in slot for every healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Devia
    I don't think that really matters. I'm pretty sure that everyone can agree that no matter WHAT the stats will be on the mace, it is going to be best in slot for every healer.
    Best in slot until "Icecrown Citadel" i guezz, they'll come with something more fashy to impress.

Val'anyr: Kind of hard to say what class this will be best for. The wording is similiar to other effects that gets 4 chances to procc off a CH and 6 off a CoH, so classes with aoe heals should be able to get a significantly higher uptime. Depends a lot on if there is a hidden cooldown or not. I'm pretty sure that it will be best in slot for all healing classes for quite some time. The procc itself should be worth 5-25% throughput depending on implementation/fight, and it will probably have an inflated ilvl too, causing great stats. Whether or not there will be a better weapon in Icecrown is hard to say, it's far from certain, but even if such a weapon exists that patch is probably a year away.

Engineering and GLG: Sure, everyone can pick up the profession if they want, so it's not unfair in that way. However, it's retarded to balance arenas around every single player having a non-GCD nuke for 3k every minute. How much would they need to nerf the damage of every single dps class to make it possible to survive double, triple or quintuple GLG bursts? Bandit's insignia is also kind of retarded, but at least can't be reliable timed with cc/silences meaning it's not that much different than getting a crit or two more. Professions that introduce new spells and mechanics is just not fair for arena play. Rocket boots should probably also be removed. Alchemist healing/mana pots probably doesn't make enough of a difference to be a problem, same with JC trinkets. Engineering glove enchants are cutting it close, but are acceptable.

legendary mace is for healers,
    everyone had a legendary wepon already cept healers, let them enjoy it

QQ more about eng,
    i will QQ about LWing seeing as how it only gives me 50 or so more AP on bracers and bitch nonstop till they make a blue quality trinket that only LWs can use and can increase run speed by an ugodly amount, have a chance on hit proc, improves my stealth detection, and has a 1 min CD nuke(with no passive stats of course cause thatd be OP)

/end bitching

on a serious note,
    im glad blizz finally admited that pallies and dks are OP
    but um you know..
    admitting it is only the first step

tokes
    <E V A C>
    80 night elf rogue
    aegwynn - us

Personally i find there raid progression of 5 man heroics > 25 man naxx > 25 man ulduar to be laughable maybe it's because my main is a tank but there is no way in hell i could go from tanking 5 man's to 25 mans.

Quote Originally Posted by FroggyChaos
    Personally i find there raid progression of 5 man heroics > 25 man naxx > 25 man ulduar to be laughable maybe it's because my main is a tank but there is no way in hell i could go from tanking 5 man's to 25 mans.
    I actually did the step from Sunwell to 25 naxx ... its very possible.

Yeah... maybe it is time to stop hoping for an improvement and actually change profession away from Engineering. Will have to take a hard thinking what I actually benefit from this profession and what I could get from a different profession...
    What I currently gain:
    - Mail box once every 8 hours
    - Repair bot when people are nabs and forgot to repair before a raid
    - 50% chance of resurrecting someone once per hour
    - Mote extractor
    ... yeah, not so great... even flower picking would benefit me more in raids

The enchants, even Ulduar-powered, are all too crap to even bother consider.

And to all PvPers who say Engineering is fine: please go away and ruin the fun for someone else in a different game.

Well time to go login and drop Eng. So what do yall think? JC or BS or both?

Quote Originally Posted by wanax
    Well time to go login and drop Eng. So what do yall think? JC or BS or both?
    Probably both. Personally I'm considering either BS or Enchant as my second one. Enchanting is a bit versatile when it comes to dealing with greens.

Deleted

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Changes postponed for the next patch
    I am not sure where you get your information, but do yourself a favor and cut them off. There weren't any class changes that didn't make it into this patch that are now being planned for the next patch. Class balance changes just don't work like that.

If you're referring to the hunter ammunition change, that's not quite as simple as just a "normal class change", and we decided to wait on that because we have some cool plans for how we're going to design the change.
    this made me laugh. hard. I could name a half dozen class changes off the top of my head they have said are coming, but are not ready for 3.1. in addition to the ammo, things like the pally crusader strike changes, druid skins changes, the fact they've been promising to fix shamen totems for months/years now (and i'm sorry, combining posion cleansing and disease cleansing and making mana spring not stack with blessing of wisdom is not the "fixing").

Engineering needs buffs. The following items have never been upgraded since Vanilla WoW, and could use some (I took the death ray out. GLG fits the bill):

• Mech. Sheep
    • Harvest Reaper
    • Discombobulator
    • Reflectors
    • EZ-throw dynamite

• Mind Control Cap
    • Deep Dive Helmet
    • Shrink Ray
    • Cloaking Device
    • Target Dummy
    • Flash Bomb
    • Universal Remote
    • Net launcher

We get what in WotLK?

• Two new bombs
    • Goggles that are worse than Naxx-level, replaceable completely by BoE Blacksmithing
    • Combo tools/Gnomish Army knife (A great idea. Fits the concept and is also cheap and sellable)
    • Mailbox with an insane cooldown.
    • Tinkers (A good start, keep the use effects so that it feels like additional trinkets rather than crummy enchanting)
    • A ground mount

And don't get me started on the Motorcycle. Yes, it rocks looks-wise. However, the engineer adds what engineer specific parts, some bolts? Wow, I don't feel like I engineered this from experimental plans, I feel like I bought a "Build-a-Bike" kit from the goblin IKEA. Also, I want goggle upgrades, but Blizz says they don't want upgraded items... for some reason? I don't know why. I liked my goggles, people sure seemed to be fans of Skillherald. Who cares about the dang mailbox? If its cooldown is longer than a hearth it doesn't matter. This would be a big deal if this was pre-BC and there wasn't an Inn + Mailbox + Flightpath + Pile of Vendors every 10 feet. I'm thinking of Burning Steppes/Searing Gorge pre-Thorium Point. Was there always an inn in WPL? I don't remember.

I like the tinkers. Put my "Things that need Upgrades" list on tinkers and you've got me hook, line and sinker. Put them on belts and even better.

The following (Wrath) factions give anything for engineers:

• Horde/Allys for the bike
    • Nobody else

There is one faction reward for engineers. There were two from BC, but who is counting them? Flares are good for telling nubs where to run on Loken and seaforium is useless because there aren't any more chests. For JCs? Alchemists? Enchanters? Tons of stuff.

I want five things 1) Upgrade our flavor trinkets/devices! 2) Give us a daily quest system! Have us craft old world engineering devices and grab some Northrend mats to create new upgraded versions. The reward can be tokens used to purchase recipes for the upgraded Northrend devices. 3) Add recipes to factions! 4) Re-purpose the failure system. Have it apply only to non-engineers or people who have below a certain level of engineering. But still have a chance to succeed for non-engineers or lower level engineers. Give us something to sell if you are serious about removing our ability to craft ammo for repeat customers. 5) Clean up the dang recipe window! I am serious about 5. Three "Misc" headings, one "Devices" heading, a "Parts" heading AND a "Trash" heading? Seriously? How are we supposed to find things? Five is an easy fix that would take at most an hour. Just patch it in already.

Quote Originally Posted by sainthubbins
    You are one of the idiots that made this game bad in the first place. "OMG i want epix but i dont have the time/skill/patience to be in a 40 man raid! cn i get epix form only playing wit 4 ppl plx?!" And guess what? It worked!

I mean seriously. You said so yourself that you can't spare the time needed to organize a 25 man. Therefore it's more difficult. Therefore those people should have better rewards. And making 2 separate shards, are you serious? So, assuming someone happens to have better luck in a 10 man they may get all their shards before someone who does 25 mans and get the same reward? You prefer a smaller group of people, therefore it's YOUR choice to do 10 mans, and it's YOUR choice to not be able to get legendary items. How can you not realize this without someone pointing it out to you???

But don't worry, Blizzard listens to QQ'ers so you'll probably get your way.

/rantoff

"I am not sure where you get your information, but do yourself a favor and cut them off. There weren't any class changes that didn't make it into this patch that are now being planned for the next patch. Class balance changes just don't work like that."

I'm sorry Ghostcrawler, I've been told to cut you off! Not necessarily 'next patch' but he's said a few times that rogues need bigger changes, but its just too hard to impliment in the shack behind their mom's house they run WoW out of.

(srsly guys, biggest most popular game ever made ever, it's too 'hard'? You're frikkin Blizzard!)
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

I picked up Engineering in Vanila WoW because not a whole lot of my friends had it and i thought I would be original...haha. To put this profession on par with other professions you need to closely look at the role of an engineer....2 basic principles involved.

Principle #1: To alter something leadint towards a better end product..i.e..suping something up..making it faster and larger..son on and so forth.

Principle #2: To devise ways over moving past obstacles when no present conditions exist to do so, this is more relatable to the Army Crops of Engineers.

With those 2 principles in mind you could offer the follwing things with relative ease and would be considered the role of an actual engineer:

1. So many places in Naxx had treachorous areas that it you didnt do just right could result in massive damage/death...the example that comes to mind is the green river in Patchwerk's area...engineers with a couple mats should be able to build a temporary bridge to allow the raid to cross...as well the pipeway up top in Plaque quarter can be a nuissance if you should happen to fall..so why not have engineers be able to make a rope ladder allowing any fallen individuals to climb back up quicker that having to go all the way back around.

2. Constructing little personal guardians was always a great thing to do in Vanilla WoW..sorry but exploding sheep's just way too much fun...allow engineers to make personal guardians for themselves or specified party members(healers and/or squishy's)with around 12k health and a duration of a couple minutes...and healable...its something thats unique and can prevent a wipe sometimes if done right.

3. Modding guns/bows/crossbows with special effects..why hasnt this been done yet...maybe engineers can give a lvl stock gun specific stats...not over-engorged ones but decent and maybe a special attack..poison..fire..frost...you name it.

4. Repairing siege vehicles under any circumstances would be a definitely outstanding idea...have a required item like a handymans toolbox that could allow to fix damage on a siege engine in either PvE or PvP.

im sure theres more but ive lost my train of thought...but these would definitely help and be to over the top...as i can hear the streams of anguish from other professions begin to bubble with apathy and outrage.

Combat Chicken as a permanent pet would be cool. (Or one of the other mechanicals, they'd emulate the same pet commands as your class' proper pet) Nothing hard hitting or high utility, but something cool, there, and noticeable.