Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Shadow in arenas

Hello im lvling a priest atm and im wondering how does shadow go in arenas?

Re: Shadow in arenas

It doesn't...
    With patch 3.1 shadow might be a bit more pvp viable, but i doubt the "buffs" will make shadow viable for arena. Overall i still think 3.1 is a giant nerf to shadow pvp but that's just my opinion. Blizzard seems to think it's a pvp buff tho...

I just registered to the Site, to answer here on this complete bullshit of talking...

Please give some Arguments, why Shadow will be nerfed... because f blackout beeing removed or what? If so, then please, start playing a Shadow Priest in Arena and THEN talk about what you know, and not such crap here about a Calss/Spec you seem not to understand at all. Always the haters and whiners, so sad, really... sigh.

Ok... here's one for you:
    Why are there so few shadowpriests with a high rating then if they are fine?
    To me it seems you have to be an EXCEPTIONALLY good player in order to be somewhat competative in shadow pvp spec.

Quote Originally Posted by nodq
    I just registered to the Site, to answer here on this complete bullshit of talking...

Please give some Arguments, why Shadow will be nerfed... because f blackout beeing removed or what? If so, then please, start playing a Shadow Priest in Arena and THEN talk about what you know, and not such crap here about a Calss/Spec you seem not to understand at all. Always the haters and whiners, so sad, really... sigh.
    Shadow Priests are losing a 3 second stun that procs a lot and reduced damage after fear ends, and getting 3 seconds of CC on a 2 minute cooldown. Was that clear enough for you?
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted

Not to mention our PVP damage is getting a massive massive nerf also.

Seriously.. the only teams an SP can beat, are BAD ones.. very bad and semi afk ones...

shadow is viable if you are really really REALLY skilled. top rated priest on my server is shadow. actually i think milk is comparable with noxn.

here's milk's armory

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...=Milkofamnsia\

i think it's easier to succeed now than it is before. if you just want a high arena rating then no, shadow's not really the best choice. but if you want a challenge and still want to succeed, go shadow.

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

Quote Originally Posted by nodq

Loss:
    - Shadowform change that allows dots to crit = pvp nerf
    - Blackout removed
    - Damage reduction after fear ends removed

Gain:
    - Disarm, a cc spell on 2 min cooldown
    - 15% magic damage reduction
    - Snare immunity while Dispersed (which is still lol skill since it's self-silence)

Nothing's changed to that point that shadow will start owning. Exceptional players will still be exceptional and will reach high ratings. Mediocre pvp players won't break 1700. Unlike DKs and paladins where mediocre players are able to reach 2.1k.

Enough arguments?

*sigh*

What people seem to forget, is that we are in WotLK, in burstwow... A shadowpriest is a class that has to be played extremely offensively (understand: facemeld mode), and therefor, much like frostmages, only does well with rogues, DKs sometimes, or any self-sustained/high avoidance agressive and bursty dps...

You have an almost complete immunity to damage, now you have deathcoil + disarm, you have imp. fade, you can heal some against very deffensive / low dmg team, you have a lot of tricks (did I mention fearbomb? kinda one of the best spells in 2v2... and no, palies aren't undead )... Speaking as a rogue, my job would be to make someone trinket, and give you those precious seconds of stunlock to ensure you're clear to cast some nasty burst on him...

It is a hard spec to play, and won't probably get you in top10, but played agressively it's very viable... you can remove bubble too remember (and like frostmages, it requires a LOT of skills to be any good, 5sec silence is also ftw if you know how to use it ^^)

You lost RNG stun, hunters too, everyone is losing RNG stuns, and I say: Thank you Blizzard

/2cents

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftz

You have an almost complete immunity to damage, now you have deathcoil + disarm, you have imp. fade, you can heal some against very deffensive / low dmg team, you have a lot of tricks (did I mention fearbomb? kinda one of the best spells in 2v2... and no, palies aren't undead )... Speaking as a rogue, my job would be to make someone trinket, and give you those precious seconds of stunlock to ensure you're clear to cast some nasty burst on him...
    Sorry, I just wanted to highlight this part. No.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Two versus one usually hurts.

"Hello im lvling a priest atm and im wondering how does shadow go in arenas?"

It doesn't

Shadow has been one of the most underrepresented specs since S1 and with the current 3.1 build it will continue into S6

If your not done lvling grab a DK and you should be able to ability click to around 1900 or so, but as far as shadow goes you have your work cut out for you.

Deleted

Look..Shadowpriest...is not that bad as they say.The player makes the game.Ok,i really don't understand whats with all that we re not good as spec.We have good and bad things like all specs around.I played Ds in 3v3 and my opinion was:"ok, that thing its like u hit a wall,gg, i m gonna make it happen"...nope...as i see Ds it 1 of the most CC eater healers (unlike druid).Can be cced like s...t.And really my rating is the same as it was always.Haven t drop.The thing i can do a hell of dmg if the opposing team doesn t press me a lot and say"oh, a Spriest,easy win".Mind Flay in our days hits like a truck.Mb crits Cut the thing.u have silence and "shit button".Try make them worthy.U have feedback.Use it and don t say its 25% from 35% cause with the dmg u do now its even in better position than before.I managed to kill my arena m8 in 3v3 (muti rogue) quite easy.He played good(did what most good rogues do,he's oldschool player)...and i played that i was supposed to play.And i don t think there is class and anti-class,but spec and anti spec.Also i had a meeting premade vs premade in a wsg.Guess who was the 1st ranked in dmg and kills,and with least deaths?...thats my experience so far,and if i can do it that way a lot of players can do far better than me.I m happy as Spriest and proud of it.Spriest can do lot of dmgwith many ways(DoTs,Channeled,Blasts),has a way of mass cc (long cd though but it is mass),has anti cc/burst(PW:S,fade,dispersion,dispells threw magical cc,SW backlash), and also can heal quite well in pvp since the spellpower change.I have loved that spec so far and i can t change it for anything.My opinion for u is :yes, if u want to play shadow, play shadow.Don t ask anyone.If the other one is "the qq guy" or "l2p issue" or the "pro" or the "casual" will see diffrent things than me and u.Try to master it.If u can t "its not priests fault", its urs.Try something else,it s not bad .I wish u have some good time with ur priest and i wish u 'd be one of the guys who won t qq more,but try to make it happen.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by darix
    Hello im lvling a priest atm and im wondering how does shadow go in arenas?
    You can always try it out. I did and died too fast. Now I'm disc and we will try resto shammy, unholy/frost dk and me. Two healers might be problematics but I need to be able to stay alive. However, I will go back to shadow after patch to try it out, otherwise in dual specs it will be disc for bgs and arena and shadow for bgs and voa. I hope shadow will be better in new patch, cause now we're pretty much a free kill. If we're not very skilled like some shadows. Try it out and see what happens?

At the person who's talking about Milkofamnsia:

Milkofamnsia is not good (well, she might be. I don't know her). It's her Rogue that was good; it's always been that way. The Shadow Priest + Rogue combo is 85% Rogue's skill and 15% Priest's skill.
    Also, she hasn't played since March 13.
    Also, her Rogue is no longer on the team. It left her for a Mage. I'm guessing because Shadow Priests are bad in arenas.
    Her 3v3 was played as Disc, and she only has 60% of the team's games played.
    She probably won't make Gladiator.

This isn't proof that Shadow Priests are viable in arenas. It's very much terrible in arenas. Especially because the (pretty much only) successful comp that's possible for a Shadow Priest requires a Rogue. As we all know, Rogues have the highest representation of horrible players; and most Rogues who are amazing at PvP will probably prefer a Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Xip
    well...last time i checked no 1v2 rated arenas...so dont try to be smart ass...you forgot about 2nd player to...
    Then they should have CC'd one of the other players or dispelled the dots or healed the damage or made them go on the defensive. He was complaining about a 2v1 fight and he was the one who completely ignored that he has an arena partner to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Killedbydeath
    Look..Shadowpriest...is not that bad as they say.The player makes the game.Ok,i really don't understand whats with all that we re not good as spec.We have good and bad things like all specs around.I played Ds in 3v3 and my opinion was:"ok, that thing its like u hit a wall,gg, i m gonna make it happen"...nope...as i see Ds it 1 of the most CC eater healers (unlike druid).Can be cced like s...t.And really my rating is the same as it was always.Haven t drop.The thing i can do a hell of dmg if the opposing team doesn t press me a lot and say"oh, a Spriest,easy win".Mind Flay in our days hits like a truck.Mb crits Cut the thing.u have silence and "shit button".Try make them worthy.U have feedback.Use it and don t say its 25% from 35% cause with the dmg u do now its even in better position than before.I managed to kill my arena m8 in 3v3 (muti rogue) quite easy.He played good(did what most good rogues do,he's oldschool player)...and i played that i was supposed to play.And i don t think there is class and anti-class,but spec and anti spec.Also i had a meeting premade vs premade in a wsg.Guess who was the 1st ranked in dmg and kills,and with least deaths?...thats my experience so far,and if i can do it that way a lot of players can do far better than me.I m happy as Spriest and proud of it.Spriest can do lot of dmgwith many ways(DoTs,Channeled,Blasts),has a way of mass cc (long cd though but it is mass),has anti cc/burst(PW:S,fade,dispersion,dispells threw magical cc,SW backlash), and also can heal quite well in pvp since the spellpower change.I have loved that spec so far and i can t change it for anything.My opinion for u is :yes, if u want to play shadow, play shadow.Don t ask anyone.If the other one is "the qq guy" or "l2p issue" or the "pro" or the "casual" will see diffrent things than me and u.Try to master it.If u can t "its not priests fault", its urs.Try something else,it s not bad .I wish u have some good time with ur priest and i wish u 'd be one of the guys who won t qq more,but try to make it happen.
    Big wall of text sawks .

Deleted

The guy asked something.And that was the whole answer.And that u said it was not an answer in to what the post questions.You Big Bad Troll :P

15+ Year Old Account

Seriously, have mercy with other ppl's eyes and format your text before hitting the [Post] Button.

I've red every comment in this thread except yours just because of this wall of text critting my eyes.
    26803200 Pixels

Quote Originally Posted by zsuper
    At the person who's talking about Milkofamnsia:

Milkofamnsia is not good (well, she might be. I don't know her). It's her Rogue that was good; it's always been that way. The Shadow Priest + Rogue combo is 85% Rogue's skill and 15% Priest's skill.
    Also, she hasn't played since March 13.
    Also, her Rogue is no longer on the team. It left her for a Mage. I'm guessing because Shadow Priests are bad in arenas.
    Her 3v3 was played as Disc, and she only has 60% of the team's games played.
    She probably won't make Gladiator.

This isn't proof that Shadow Priests are viable in arenas. It's very much terrible in arenas. Especially because the (pretty much only) successful comp that's possible for a Shadow Priest requires a Rogue. As we all know, Rogues have the highest representation of horrible players; and most Rogues who are amazing at PvP will probably prefer a Mage.
    So you are saying that in s3 rogue boosted her to Venge glad? :>