Which class is best to heal ?

I got my Death Knight as high as i wanted it and now i wanna try a healing class .
    The problem is i've never healed before and i dont know what class to take .
    Also got some trouble with spirit and intellect . Which i need more of ?

Re: Which class is best to heal ?

In the hands of all skilled players I feel druid is honestly the best healer around due to the fact that pre LBing can have such a drastic effect on quickly healing ppl up after raid dmg. THis on top of hte fact that they can can switch between MT and raid healing instantainously forces me to believe that they are indeed the best healers. Though if you are new to healing the hot rolling aspect of druids may be tough to master. Both shamans and paladins are easier to play than druids and are infinitely easier to play. Choose shaman if you like raid healing and pally for single target.
    Once Elendur of Arthas.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanite
    In the hands of all skilled players I feel druid is honestly the best healer around due to the fact that pre LBing can have such a drastic effect on quickly healing ppl up after raid dmg. THis on top of hte fact that they can can switch between MT and raid healing instantainously forces me to believe that they are indeed the best healers. Though if you are new to healing the hot rolling aspect of druids may be tough to master. Both shamans and paladins are easier to play than druids and are infinitely easier to play. Choose shaman if you like raid healing and pally for single target.
    I have no problem with learning to heal with hots , since I saw some druids heal in my group/raid and that is very nice . Tho i would like to heal for Hc and 10 mans.
    Aren't druids easier to lvl (with cat form while soloing) ?

PS : reading loads of healer guides since i cant be online from 9/4/09 -> 20/4/09 or even later . (printed them)

I have all 4 healing classes on lvl 80. Out of them, resto shaman is easyest and relaxt.
    Priest is the most versatile to play. I dont like paly healing. And I just dislike the treeform.
    So paly is prot, druid is feral. And priest and shaman are healers.

If I would do one over again, i would do the shammy again. chainhealing is the most relaxt healing, and is compared to rangedps (1 button classes ). And you have all buffs with you during leveling (totems), leveling as enhancement is easy.

[quoteIf I would do one over again, i would do the shammy again. chainhealing is the most relaxt healing, and is compared to rangedps (1 button classes ).[/quote]
    I Don't like one button classes because thats boring :P , prefer a challenge

And you have all buffs with you during leveling (totems), leveling as enhancement is easy.
    I'm going to lvl all the way as healing

So , the 2 classes I still consider is Druid and Shaman .

shaman has brain heal and heroism.

Just get grid, thats all your healing UI needs

If you like easy healing roll shaman. If you like watching timers and heavy movement roll druid. Oh and if your a druid get grid because without if you will suck
    Once Elendur of Arthas.

Okay imo the best class to heal is a druid. I'm not sure how that's going to be with the massive spirit nerf in the coming patch but I play a resto druid and i'm always number one on the healing charts and lowest in overhealing. ALWAYS. Not to mention it's probably the easiest healer to level up because you can go feral till level 80. Shammy is pretty easy to level up too btw but druid is still my fav. I say pick a shammy or a druid. ^_^ Holy priests are amazing in raids but I don't find them as versatile as a druid

Good , so i'm going with shaman (race doesnt matter) ...
    Anybody has a nice healing UI ? if you wish , post it here to save me time .
    If you don't want to this topic is closed and i'm scanning UI and macro forums :-)

15+ Year Old Account

Coming from someone who leveled from 60 to 70, then 70 to 80 as a healer (on this toon) I would highly suggest you level as a dps spec and dual spec (once 3.1 drops, of course) the healer.

Questing as a healer is doable these days but can be painfully slow depending on your class and talent choices (e.g. for a priest soloing spirit tap is a must).

If you are worried about learning to heal and wanted to do so as you leveled, I would suggest getting a reliable questing partner (almost any class/spec will do) to help you get up.

I leveled 60-80 with a druid friend of mine pre-lk/after-lk on this toon (used to be a pally in vanilla, and was pally/warlock in tbc) and it went quite fast. Now we're leveling my prot pally with her resto shaman, both learning to tank/heal from each other as we go, its kinda fun.

Just a suggestion
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

if you are looking for a no consequence way to practice healing, then go heal BGs. It wont give you much experience with MT healing, but will definitely help with raid healing IMO.

And if you screw up? who cares it is a random BG, and i'm sure the people will be grateful that there is somebody healing in the first place no matter how bad they are.

Healing choice depends on how you want to heal. There is no 'best', there are only better choices for certain situations.

Personal preference here is for a Shaman, but I'm leveling a Priest to heal atm as well. My Paladin has respecced to Prot and won't be taking up Holy again. Eventually I plan on leveling a Druid, but that may or may not happen. Who knows...

As for leveling, play a dps spec to level to 70 while collecting healing gear. Then pay out for the dual spec feature and heal as much as possible and solo quest while in your leveling spec. I leveled as Resto on my Shaman from 70-80 and loved it, but given the option I would have done it as Elemental and only played Resto in instances for sure.