Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Penance. How often?

Quote Originally Posted by glowyrm
    Exactly Kelesti. Every point exactly. Nice post :-*
    Let's make a fanclub to the lightblue (possibly Cyan) colored posts / poster!

I think it's decided on your gear, are you overgeared for an encounter then you can slack a little with Penance and just use Fheals and shields. I find it easiest to keep Penance off CD to use it when the tank gets high burst damage or maybe someone else who might be dieing, depending if Weakened Soul is on my MT or not.

But in Ulduar it might be needed to keep Penance on CD since the tank would otherwise die.

Quote Originally Posted by Nesco
    Let's make a fanclub to the lightblue (possibly Cyan) colored posts / poster!

I think it's decided on your gear, are you overgeared for an encounter then you can slack a little with Penance and just use Fheals and shields. I find it easiest to keep Penance off CD to use it when the tank gets high burst damage or maybe someone else who might be dieing, depending if Weakened Soul is on my MT or not.

But in Ulduar it might be needed to keep Penance on CD since the tank would otherwise die.
    She happened to articulate my point better and I pointed out how much I agree, nothing wrong with that. When it comes to the math if there is any form of healing needed to be done penance is most efficient.

But of course if there's predictable "Oh sh*t" moments, holding onto penance for a bit is best, which we already said.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    The fire and forget about the mana you just spent you mean?
    At this point in the game who is worried about mana? I'm generally running 600+ mp5 while casting in raid right now so using renew on fights like grobbulus, heigan or maly isn't a problem. I only wish they had put empowered renew closer to the top of the holy tree so I could run it in my disc spec.

As for the original question. I know my penance will heal for at least 9k so I have grid setup to show when targets are down 9k and that's when I try to use it most. Other than that, it's great for restacking grace if it falls off the tank for some reason.

BTW, the color is actually Teal.