Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Arena Tournament - Standings Recap

Arena Tournament - Standings Recap
    The Arena Tournament has been running for some weeks and we now have enough information to build a few graphs. The comparison between American and European realms is really interesting and these stats actually prove that the tournament is very different on each continent.

Weekly Standings - Both Continents

March 18

March 25

April 01

April 08

Arena Class Representation

Death Knight

Druid

Hunter

Mage

Paladin

Priest

Rogue

Shaman

Warlock

Warrior

Re: Arena Tournament - Standings Recap

Quote Originally Posted by Bron
    We can all see that Druids and Warriors are OP at the moment.

NERF!

Signature by Shyama!

Quote Originally Posted by ds_swooshie
    They did?
    Yep.

Not to mention WotLK is practically a new game so s1-s4 shouldn't even be considered when 'balancing'.

MuTe

All i can say to this is:

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid, Silly, Skillless, Lol, Lol, Rogues!! Learn to play without insane CC + dmg. Looks like some of you tried and were succesfull.
    Same with Priests and Warlocks, biggest QQ community. Rogue: "Amaged 4 seasons we were able to faceroll and now we have to try!" /target self /golfclap.

Druids and Warriors are shit and need buffs, other then that seems pretty balanced to me. L2stop cry and start play! :-X

Everything looks pretty dam balanced if you ask me.

Except for poor Warriors and Druids (LOL).

Although they did dominate season 1,2,3 and 4, so they cant really complain
    Let us balance the game around what it was and not what it is

Quote Originally Posted by MuTe
    All i can say to this is:

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid, Silly, Skillless, Lol, Lol, Rogues!! Learn to play without insane CC + dmg. Looks like some of you tried and were succesfull.
    Same with Priests and Warlocks, biggest QQ community. Amaged 4 seasons we were able to faceroll and now we have to try! /target self /golfclap.

Druids and Warriors are shit and need buffs, other then that seems pretty balanced to me. L2stop cry and start play! :-X
    What the hell are you talking about? what class do you play btw?

Quote Originally Posted by Dignam
    Whereas 3s and 5s were significantly more balanced (and interesting) for every class s1-s4.

And what game were you playing?

MuTe

Quote Originally Posted by Delever
    What the hell are you talking about? what class do you play btw?
    I play Hunter, and i lol at the fact 99% of the Rogues are skilless after seeing RMP's dominating these charts. All the QQing that has been going around from Rogues, Priests, Warlocks are false and thats funny to me. No matter what u say, this made my day.

Edit: edited my 1st post since it seemed unclear i was thinking as a Rogue 8)

i think what really happens is that bad players look at the top players and see that their class isn't there so they think that their class is actually underpowered...idk if you guys can get what i'm trying to say but of course in every season in all games there is really no way to balance any pvp aspect...unless you make all the classes the same...

wow pvp will never be really balanced...it is more balanced now then alot of you think though

and enough of this stupid crap about u.s. being flavor of the month...does anybody think about that hey maybe the good players actually play that comp because they want to win(and well they might just like that comp and they are very skilled players and since that comp is naturally good....then of course they are going to win)....and don't give me some crap about face rolling...you don't facerole your way to winning an arena tournament..while dk-pally-whatever is definately a little(one could actually argue very in place of a little) overpowered there is no reason any 3 skilled players couldn't beat them

Sweet Lord - I see a warrior in those charts!

That clearly is a sign. Like a bright light at the end of a tunnel that foretells better times to come. I have a feeling that embracing all the little changes to our and other classes we shall once more rise to hamstring and mortal strike our way to victory.

And yes, the above poster is right. You need the skill weather your class is a bit stronger in the given metagame or not.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dignam
    Uh, only in 2s. Whereas 3s and 5s were significantly more balanced (and interesting) for every class s1-s4.

And Blizzard said they balance around 3s. :
    ouf right... i imagine you were playing a warrior or resto druid or warlock...

Looks like the yanks are into fotm stuff while europeans are going for tried and tested setups.

I don't pvp cos i'm crap at it, but what's the skill factor in this season? Are the players at the top people that would be there whatever class is strongest, or is the class imbalance in pvp overruling skill?

MuTe

It wasn't a conspiracy theory. Just stating how smart companies make thier MMO games work.

Your arguemnt fell apart when you made the assumption DK's were OP btw. (because this statement was your opinion, not based on any factual evidence)

In fact the "official tournament stats" show that they arent anywhere close to being OP.

The rest of your statements could loosley be argued as being correct though, bar a few things. For example if lets say preists dominated in population numbers, it might not necessarily mean they are most enjoyable, it could mean a number of different things. Maybe you need priests to complete certain game challenges, or maybe people rolled priest at the start of their game time and simply not rerolled.

I know more than one Shamen who plays Shamen simply for the fact he/she rolled one to help complete Sunwell easier. And has been playing it ever since, and not necessarily because he/she enjoys it the most.
    Ye i edited my post so im saying they should balance classes while keeping in mind of the population . But claiming DKs are not OP is like saying icecream doesnt melt in the sun tbh.
    Made a new team yesterday pala/dk/hunt never played together before, 48 games played and allready 2k rated within 1 hour. We are good players, but comon things never were THIS easy.
    If players want to populate a sertian class wich is not fun to play or is nerfed to shit, its their choise. Blizzard would not know if the players are unhappy about it, thats why the forums trolls are active.

And playing shaman/priest only to help out on sertain challenges, well thats why theyve taken the road of "bring the player not the class". A good thing for the players that can finally ditch their boring shaman. The population of Shaman would then drop though, giving a signal that maybe shamans arent as fun to play. (just an example).

But i doubt they buff a class just to populate it. Thats what i got from your 1st post. I hope they buff a class because its not competetive in PVP/PVE.
    (thats why Rogues dont get buffs! get it?)

Everyone knows this. However very interesting to see a resto druid in the top 6 teams in EU with a very strange setup. (Dru, Warr, Lock)

I´d soo want to see a video from them coming on WCM after the tournament is over. I'm impressed.

i to am very curious just what that druid and warrior are doing?
    who is what spec etc

MuTe

If you look at things from Blizzards point of view though, theyve created a successful class that is enjoyed by the majority of people that play it (otherwise they wouldnt play it).

You statem Shamans are boring, yet many people also enjoy them. (I happen to think they are good fun too).

Buffing a class because they arent competitive almost alwyas comes hand in hand with their population numbers anyway. (ie people dont play a class they cant compete with, which naturally decreases population numbers therefore justification for a buff).

And dont get us started on rogues

Rogues have dominated in one form or another every single season of PvP. Including season 5. Many many people play rogue. Most rogue opponenets dont enjoy being stunned to death. That means the chances of rogue getting PvP buffed atm is virtually zero
    I think we are agreeing on the same thing population and competition = balance. And about shamans being boring, that was just an example since you said u know ppl that play shaman to overcome sertain challenges, that seems kinda odd to me. If you dont like a class, dont play it.. the numbers in population will show.
    How you said it in your last post seems correct to me, but previously you said: "they balance classes around population. Why do you think new classes are powerful when they are first relased."

I wanne bet even if DKs were a complete shit class it still would get populated insanly fast, because its something new.
    And yes Rogues do not need buffs at all, neither do priests, warlocks and mages. And hunters dont need nerfs, but that ship has allready sailed.

Made a new team yesterday pala/dk/hunt never played together before, 48 games played and allready 2k rated within 1 hour. We are good players, but comon things never were THIS easy.
    2k is nothing these days. Almost everyone below 2k are bad players, or have at least 1 really bad player on their team that you can exploit.

You can faceroll to 2k with 3 good players as long as you're not something dumb like 3 healers (3 dps is a good bit more difficult, but I'm sure 3 good players can get to 2k with it).

Getting into glad range is a lot more difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by MooReturns
    Everyone knows this. However very interesting to see a resto druid in the top 6 teams in EU with a very strange setup. (Dru, Warr, Lock)

I´d soo want to see a video from them coming on WCM after the tournament is over. I'm impressed.
    Strange for WotLK. It was the definition of FOTM before 3.0 came out. WLD was probably the most OP you could get in TBC, considering it came into being as a strategy to beat RMP, the long standing champ before WLD arose.

That warlock is Inflame, a sponsored player who won multiple LAN tournaments with that exact comp in 2007 and 2008. I wouldn't be surprised if the other 2 players are the rest of Nihilum Plazma, which means they are all players of the highest caliber, AND extremely familiar with the comp's playstyle.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

lol @ warriors

Deleted

Notice how the success of shamans correlates directly with how many rogues or warriors there are.
    If arms proves to be popular in 3.1 we will see a large drop in resto shamans.

MuTe

Quote Originally Posted by stupid11
    2k is nothing these days. Almost everyone below 2k are bad players, or have at least 1 really bad player on their team that you can exploit.

You can faceroll to 2k with 3 good players as long as you're not something dumb like 3 healers (3 dps is a good bit more difficult, but I'm sure 3 good players can get to 2k with it).

Getting into glad range is a lot more difficult.
    Well 2k isnt hard i agree. You forget however only a handfull of ppl can actually obtain it. Glad rank in 3v3 = 2220 on my BG, and require rank 1/33. Atm im ranked 150 after 1 hour playing, and am sure to get glad in the next 6 days left of S5.
    Conclusion could be, my bg is bad, thousands of ppl are bad, the players in my team are good, or the classes in my team are OP. I think its a combination of a few factors.
    Whatever satisfy your needs, doesnt take away that almost everyone is below 2k ratings, and only a few thousand (compared to millions) are above 2k. Just because you are good doesnt mean others are bad.