Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: RET: How are we sitting in 3.1?

Quote Originally Posted by Fektoer
    press "x"

End thread lol

Good to hear we wont suck in 3.1 looking forward to ulduar now you think it will be this week guys?

i guess 1 to 2 weeks max. is a good estimate

Quote Originally Posted by marinos
    and how about pve?can we compete with the other hybrids or we are at the bottom?
    I've seen a slight increase in our DPS, gone from 2,8k to 3k on a raid target dummy and that's unbuffed and without spamming Hammer of wrath.

I welcome the paladin changes with open arms, we get reliable, steady PvE dps, currently on live it's way to unstable, seen my DPS go from 8k to 1,8k just because of some odd crit streaks and lack of.

Also we get some actual PvP survivability beside our 5 min CD bubble.

edit:
    no chance in hell to burst down a discpriest or restoshaman?
    Like we're able to do that now? I have only done that a few times, and that's when I burn Repen, HoJ and my Belf Silence, Also I still need some lucky crits/procs. Face it our Burst is good, but we have no real control.
    Quote Originally Posted by blizzardcashshop
    tree druids do about 50-60% overhealing. divide their HPS by half.
    Math!

Quote Originally Posted by Snoman
    So how are we sitting in 3.1 haven't had time to do any testing myself. So is our DPS the same/lower/higher?, And hows PVP that we don't have the judgment nuke anymore?
    Lower. We got nerfed in both PvE and PvP.
    Stormreaver.EU

We'll probably be using a different rotation with T8, since Judgement gets nerfed and CS / DS - buffed, and we have to fit in Exorcism somewhere as well. Atm it seems like our PvE DPS is sorta somewhat kind of the same; maybe a little lower or a little higher once everything settles down. (Yep, combined with other class' changes this means we'll probably be still dead last on raid DPS)

PvP-wise, I'd say it's trading apples for oranges. Our burst is lower, but sustained dmg over a full cycle of cs / ds / exo / judge is probably higher than we can do with judge / cs / ds atm on live, so with good use of cc we'll still be killing stuff. A little more survivability thanks to sacred shield scaling, but the change to mana reg is a double-edged sword, esp since Judgements don't return mana if they're absorbed, and with Judgement dmg reduced, we'll be seeing a lot more full absorbs I'm sure. Also, Hand of Reckoning is gone from PvP, which is very bad.

All in all, I'd say we're more or less the same in terms of how 'good' we are.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovepeaches
    Also, Hand of Reckoning is gone from PvP, which is very bad.
    Gone, how so? What do you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevet
    Gone, how so? What do you mean.
    It has no effect on PvP targets on PTR atm. Could be a bug since it's not in patch notes or anything, but who knows.

So there is no recoil effect from the seal itself and the Judgement has less recoil?

Is it still proven on the PTR that this is better than SOC yet?

15+ Year Old Account

to be honest... i'd rather have more cc's then the damage boost....

The damage is currently very good... for pve and pvp aswell.. Im excited about what they'r going do add as second effect to CS.

But the problem in pvp is still our poor cc's.... both with 1 min cd and dispellable. the stun gets despelled by the insignia/medlaion and then u dont have anything left.. cuz repentance gets interrupted by the dot (still) tough they said it doesnt or shall not interrupt repentance.

hope they'll add something useful for pvp on CS.

They've fixed the bug with sacred shield now it absorbs 1500 (for me) dmg all 6 secs.

They've added GREAT new Glyphs so our survivalibility is much better than now bc u can (through glyph) recude the damage taken by 20% for 10 secs..

And your shield absorbs its amount it should... so if u put it all together u get a much better paladin then now.

!!