Dispersion Changes

Dispersion: You disperse into pure Shadow energy, reducing all damage taken by 90%. You are unable to attack or cast spells, but you regenerate 6% mana every 1 sec for 6 sec. Dispersion can be cast while stunned, feared or silenced and clears all snare and movement impairing effects when cast, and makes you immune to them while dispersed. Any attacks made against you while dispersed will cause your damage over time effects on all targets within 10 yards to erupt for 30% of their total damage at no additional threat.

Makes it more like a "Oh shit I don't want to hit him"

This would be good for PvP and PvE. Anyone have other ideas?
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Re: Dispersion Changes

If we are taking 90% less damage it doesn't really matter if they hit us for the most part. Now if dispersion had an effect around the priest for 4-12 seconds after it ends, that would make you think twice about going into melee range....

They could always just make it so you regen 6% mana and 3% health per second while dispersed and it is instantly more useful than in its current state.

At the moment dispersion is a team oriented ability. It gives your team 6 more seconds to try and win the fight while you soak up some damage. It does little for the priest because normally by the time you use it, the chances you are going to die are very high.

Why we have dispersion, and what it is supposed to be used for should be clarified by blue.

Ok byt if priest gets this i want meta to make us immune too.
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

That addition isn't OP either look how much stuff Shadow Form our 1 point talent gets. Maybe reduce it to 50% dmg reduction?
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

I never said it's overpowered.
    Neither is my idea overpowered. It will just make meta the real spell to counter rogues.
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Skivoh
    Neither is my idea overpowered. It will just make meta the real spell to counter rogues.
    Meta lasts 20 odd seconds and doesn't silence you.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

And priests have bubble and don't need to talent to get instant fear. Wanna go on with this?

And priests have bubble and don't need to talent to get instant fear. Wanna go on with this?
    Priests have a small damage absorb (not bubble), and Warlocks have no cooldown on fear.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Exactly, that damage would make any close range dps very wearing on attacking a SP with Dispersion up, 30% of all your dots dmg would be a nice sting in the side and would allow you to survive in more types of situations, Not to mention you become a bomb of sorts basically.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

Warlocks have pets. And interrupts. And CC you can target. And a much better bubble than us from sacrificing Voidwalker. And a way to get out of melee range with your Teleport.

Well, they could do this, if they deleted all special abilities from Meta and made it silence you.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.