Best professions to improve healing stats

What are the best two professions to get as a healer to buff healing stats.

I currently use Enchanting and Alchemy. The ring enchants are nice, so I'll probably stick with Enchanting but Alchemy's only decent healer piece is a blue trinket.

What profession should I choose instead of Alchemy. JC? Inscription?

And what are the costs to level those?

Thanks!

Re: Best professions to improve healing stats

JC / Enchanting or JC / BSing is always the way to go .. no better combo

The difference is pretty minor among JC/Alchemy/BS/Enchanting. JC is OP right now but keep in mind once epic gems come about the dragon's eyes are going to be less of an increase. Nothing I'd bother power leveling JC for if you've already maxed out Alchemy and Enchanting
    Quelana - Blood Furnace

The professions that give stat boosts are basically identical, not sure why people claim one is better than the other(please correct me if I'm wrong):

LW-37 sp
    BS-2 gem slots=2x16 or 17 stat gems=32-34
    JC-3 27 stat gems?(not sure about jc), so 33 stat gain
    enchanting- 2 19 sp ring enchants=38
    Alchemy- A previous poster said 37 sp gained from the flask, but I'm not sure if it's the same amount every time? Only been a maxed alchy for a few days. But the flask duration is sexy also.
    inscription- you gain 37 SP over exalted sons of hodir

There's parity. Now if you had 2 professions to level and wanted the cheapest, I'd say leatherworking+alchemy or inscription. Inscription is insanely cheap and easy to level, the other 2 are slightly more expensive.

BS/JCing gives the most customization, also BS will be OP once epic gems are out (if they don't upgrade the others)
    Alchemy gives a decent bonus combined with the trinket but requires you to have pots/flasks which nerfs it somewhat
    Enchanting is decent but gives you the least choice, its either SP or nothing

Yeah you make a good point with BS. I was wondering how that was going to factor in, and I'm not sure having to be flasked is a nerf...What's the point of maximization anyway? For when you need to be maximized, aka a raid or new content, when you're always going to be flasked anyway. I suppose alchy has no pvp purpose, but for pve it's on par.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarghoul

JC-3 27 stat gems?(not sure about jc), so 33 stat gain

The reason JC is best for like every class / spec in game. Is because not only do you get those 33 stat points or 51 stam etc. But you also get awarded socket bonuses you wouldn't have got otherwise. Like for a fury warrior that wants to gem only 16 str gems. He can put a 27 str gem in a blue socket and it still counts towards socket bonus on his piece of gear without sacrificing any str. And it counts towards meta gem requirement again without having to sacrifice str gem by getting blue or yellow gems (or purple / orange).

Which means in Spell Power terms it effectively equals...
    32 - 19 = 13, Spell power increase over a blue gem
    Average Spell Power socket bonus is +5 SP, so you gain that as well
    Also if you would of socketed for that bonus anyway, you gain an additional half a gem worth, 9 SP, putting the total up to 13 + 5 + 9 = 27
    But at the same time, you would of gotten the bonus anyway, so you can take that away to leave you with a still reasonable 22 SP increase per socket (one of them being less as you probably wouldn't of socketed it for a meta)

This is based on 3 Blue/Yellow sockets with 5 SP bonuses per gear set and is not applicable in all cases, it also doesn't count the value of the Blue (gem color) side of the hybrid gem, which in pre Energy bar status can be helpful
    Its still 39 bonus SP over gemming normal SP (33 stat points for other stats)

Quote Originally Posted by Zarghoul
    and I'm not sure having to be flasked is a nerf...What's the point of maximization anyway? For when you need to be maximized, aka a raid or new content, when you're always going to be flasked anyway. I suppose alchy has no pvp purpose, but for pve it's on par.
    Still helps to have that boost in farm raids, even if its not as useful as in progress content, obviously the point is as an Alchemist you would be potted/flasked all the time anyway, but we are all prone to slack

With the nerf to mana regen, you might have to use a mana regen flask in the future and then alchemy might be better.
    Right now its on par with other professions.

15+ Year Old Account

Leatherworking:
    Enchant for all players: 30 spell power
    Enchant for LW players: 67 spell power
    67 - 30 = 37 spell power

Enchant for all players: 24 spell power and 6 mana 5 second
    Enchant for INS players: 61 spell power and 6 mana per 5 second
    61 - 24 = 37 spell power

Enchanting:
    Enchant for all players: none
    Enchant for ENC players: 19 spell power x2
    19 * 2 = 38 spell power

Jewelcrafting:
    3 normal gems for all players: 19 spell power x3 (57 spell power)
    3 improved gems for JC players: 32 spell power x3 (96 spell power)
    96 - 57 = 39 spell power

Blacksmithing:
    2 more sockets for BS players: 19 spell power x2
    19 * 2 = 38 spell power

NOTE: This is only calculation for the stat spell power. Some healers prefer haste, crit, spirit, MP5 etc.