3.1 JC made much Easier!!!

OMG!!! not having to farm 2 Elemental water for every Citrine Ring of Rapid healing will make leveling JC on alts soooo much easier!!!

Crackaine- it's like crack for the sophisticated man.

Patch 3.1.2... RIP engineering you will be remember with fond memories for the edge you gave arena

Re: 3.1 JC made much Easier!!!

Not sure if you're being sarcastic but JC is like the easiest profession to level currently in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    Not sure if you're being sarcastic but JC is like the easiest profession to level currently in the game.

no way .. JC is based completely on luck if you farm the stuff .. you could farm 100-200 Thorium and get 1 Large Opal or w/e its so stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Omen321

no way .. JC is based completely on luck if you farm the stuff .. you could farm 100-200 Thorium and get 1 Large Opal or w/e its so stupid
    No it's not, you'll farm 100-200 thorium and get at least one gem per prospect, and many times more than just one. Luck may crux you one single large opal, but the sheer amount of other gems you'd get instead, i.e. huge emeralds, and azerothian diamonds, more than make up for it.

I've leveled jc twice, easiest prof to level.

While the RNG nature of getting the mats you need is mildly frustrating at times...I throw my hat in saying it is one of the easiest to level, with possibly inscription being easier. If you are just buying the mats, some of the "higher end" Azeroth gems can get pricey, but considering how many fewer mats you need over most other crafting professions, even that comes out pretty even.

Having said that, yes, leveling JC in 3.1 will be even easier and cheaper than previously, though it may not be hugely needed.

Quote Originally Posted by slrockin04
    OMG!!! not having to farm 2 Elemental water for every Citrine Ring of Rapid healing will make leveling JC on alts soooo much easier!!!
    I agree, BUT... I`m lvling JWC right now on my alt / new-main. I had to farm that #(*%& Elemental water ... it tooks me about 30 - 40 minutes with my SP to do it. Just clean whole Island in SGV, tab to Windows for a while, wait for respawn all elementals and do it again. SW:P is really great for farming low lvl mobs. So much better than ele sham spells

There goes one of my major sources of money :/, 20g each QQ

Skinning seemed easier to level to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystaskratch
    Skinning seemed easier to level to me.

If you pick it up when you're level 10. Otherwise, going back and killing mobs, looting them and THEN skinning them is a pain.

I think alchemy is by far the easiest to level.

15+ Year Old Account

you're all daft! engineering is by far the easiest to lvl!
    BfA Beta Time

Well these elemental waters are lame as hell. I'm ready to buy everything, but they got for 20g a piece all of a sudden when I need them. Lolz.

Any profession picked up at a low level and kept up with is very easy to level some just take more farming then others. JC is extremely easy to level i have done it 3 times now. But hey if they wanna make it easier so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    you're all daft! engineering is by far the easiest to lvl!

The only difficult/expensive part of leveling Jewcrafting is 1-300 or so. From there you can cut green gems in both Outland and Northrend and win.

Don't be an idiot OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Omen321

Or you could buy whatever gem you need for about 5g a pop.

I'm sorry but the huge emeralds and other prospects at that level exist only to powerlevel JC.

In Vanilla, before the Naxx patch I started buying up all the Elemental Waters I could find on the AH that were 10 silver each or less. My plan was to turn them into Frost Resist potions and sell them once Naxx came out. Well I took a break from WoW before I could put my plan into action.

About a month ago I decided to start leveling up one of my banker alts. I wanted to level a druid to 80 as a gatherer alt with herb/mining. (So I could replace herb on my main with JC.) I wanted to clear out some of his inventory. He had 48 stacks (480 each) of Elemental Waters. I decided to check the AH just incase they were worth something... OMG! I had no trouble selling 470 Elemental Waters for 15g each. (I love making at least 150 times on my money.) It's funny because just last week, right before they announced they're removing elemental water from that recipes, I sold my last stack.

I also made a ton of gold on a ton of vanilla herbs I had on alts, that I thought were worthless, when inscription came out. I never sold herbs. I'd always just pick them and send them to alts. I thought they were worthless, but that they weren't doing any harm just sitting on alts, so I never vendored or AH'd them. Now if I run accross anything that's white, I send it to alts. If there is no market today, there might be one next xpac. Plus, worse case scenario, I have to vendor something 2 years from now instead of today.

I leveled up JC..... discovered it was so not worth it on my server... I get far more from mining ore and selling eternals from eng then JC does. My server stays saturated with gems and under cutters that it's not worth prospecting the ore.

JC does come in handy for dragoneye gems on my dk though until better cuts are released then I may drop JC all together.

15+ Year Old Account

Blizzard needed to change those profession long time ago. We are dependant on items from Vanilla WoW + TBC, and since no one plays there anymore, the items are really expensive. Finally they change it to be more easy to get those items for levelling your professions. It's just... I have just trained JC + enchanting...