Hit and Expertise

Hello, I dont speak English very well

But I believe that the paladin need some talent that get more hit or expertise, it help to being able to base your equipment on str or crit or any stat and thats up relatively your dps on 3.1 without need to do more changes of talents.

Example the talent of 3% hit in BC (in prot tree?)

Re: Hit and Expertise

It's not like the hit cap is that hard to get to ....
    If you do Highlvl content you will get expertise on your gear.

I don't do Highlvl content you shouldn't concern yourself with hit and expertise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

When you get into higher level content, there is more gear with hit/expertise on it. On my unholy DK, I have over 9% hit (thinking about 10% or so) and I have 5.5% expertise. Unholy does have expertise in the talent tree, but without it I might have 4-4.5% or so. Some very helpful gear from naxx 25: Zeliek's gauntlets (they are BoE though so maybe you could find em on the AH) the breastplated dropped by Maexnna (can't remember the name), and Ineivitable Defeat (dropped by trash mobs). These all have lots of expertise on them, and hit rating is easy to get so you don't really have to worry too much about that. I am assuming you are retribution because you talked about strength and crit, so this advice should help

mmm my pally is full pve equipament.... yes i know what is the cap of hit and expertise, but if u have a some talent that give you hit or expertise, u can get others stats in your gems for example, thats is only a propose to bluegm not a help question...

Deleted

Not really needed. We are 2h DDs, so it is perfectly acceptable for us to have to gear for 8% hit as opposed to the dual-wielders.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Azharok
    It's not like the hit cap is that hard to get to ....
    If you do Highlvl content you will get expertise on your gear.

I don't do Highlvl content you shouldn't concern yourself with hit and expertise.
    /palm

It is easier to reach the hitcap with garbage gear from heroics then it is reach with gear from 25 mans...unless of course you want to equip sub par gear for hit/expertise caps then sure "it's not that hard to get dot dot dot."

If you want to keep 4 piece and use high quality gear, it is almost impossible to reach both caps.

Using sub par gear like Inevitable Defeat and Zeliek's gauntlets mentioned below can get you to the cap but you are just gimping yourself by using garbage gear.

To the OP, yes it would be nice to have a talent that gave +hit or +expertise so that we had more options for gear, but Ulduar gear and T8 looks to have plenty of both so it won't really be needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose
    /palm

It is easier to reach the hitcap with garbage gear from heroics then it is reach with gear from 25 mans...unless of course you want to equip sub par gear for hit/expertise caps then sure "it's not that hard to get dot dot dot."

If you want to keep 4 piece and use high quality gear, it is almost impossible to reach both caps.

Using sub par gear like Inevitable Defeat and Zeliek's gauntlets mentioned below can get you to the cap but you are just gimping yourself by using garbage gear.

To the OP, yes it would be nice to have a talent that gave +hit or +expertise so that we had more options for gear, but Ulduar gear and T8 looks to have plenty of both so it won't really be needed.
    this.

In BiS gear you will only have about ~200 hit, and ~15 expertise, which is both below the cap, but reaching those caps would gimp your stats and you would lose dps...

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Pendalph
    this.

In BiS gear you will only have about ~200 hit, and ~15 expertise, which is both below the cap, but reaching those caps would gimp your stats and you would lose dps...
    in the current content yes.

in ulduar it should be no problem getting hitcapped without sacrificing gemslots for it.

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    in the current content yes.

in ulduar it should be no problem getting hitcapped without sacrificing gemslots for it.
    Which is what Swampmoose said that Pendalph was quoting.. so you just repeated and tried to make it sound like you were stating something new. Postcount++?

Martini

I don't think you have even that much hit in BiS gear..
    without gems/enchants for it I think I have a little under 100 hit, I completely forget hit, Im only mising one piece that is the chest from sarth+1. But I guess this also depends on what you call BiS

Ulduar is a week or two away. Ulduar you'll want hit and exp cap, and the T7 4pc bonus isn't near as important as it is now, so BiS pieces>T7, and it's definitely not hard to get hit capped and exp capped(or damn close) in a BiS gearset (Don't shy away from leather). Also, gemming for things other than hit isn't bad now. If you have a choice to use a Str/hit gem to hit 8.01% hit or use an item that puts you at 9.0% hit, I'll be taking the gem. Especially if it gives a decent socket bonus. We are no longer a one stat class.

That said, we don't need a talent for hit or expertise.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Terokkar&n=Greatrichie