Will of the Necropolis worth the points?

Will of the Necropolis: This ability now has a 15-second cooldown on how often it can occur. No longer triggers from damage amounts less than 5% of the player’s health.

As is, I don't feel like it's worth the 3 points.

Just seems like a useless talent... what you guys think?

Re: Will of the Necropolis worth the points?

Quote Originally Posted by Tangier
    Will of the Necropolis: This ability now has a 15-second cooldown on how often it can occur. No longer triggers from damage amounts less than 5% of the player’s health.

As is, I don't feel like it's worth the 3 points.

Just seems like a useless talent... what you guys think?
    Was it worth it before?

Ive not seen the reasoning at all for blizzard nerfing that talent tbh. Paladins have had Argent Defender since the start of TBC, which is a 30% damage reduction when below 35% life, doesnt have any cooldown and isnt as deep in the tree (though it costs 2 more talent points). Why our equivalent - which already had only half the effectiveness - should be nerfed is beyond me. People will say you cant compare apples with oranges, but what is the actual reason that this talent would be oh-so overpowered for a DK whilst not for a paladin?
    I suspect it comes down to arena, and WotN being overpowered for PvPers, so the tanks are getting nerfed for it. Yay. Do the same thing as with IBF then, make it scale with defense or better yet - dont try to make a class that can tank or pvp with any talent tree if you cant balance it right.

Personally, I dont think blood is going to be massively popular for tanking in Ulduar, and WotN is barely worth the points. Some people will disagree and say it is vital, but a 15% damage reduction every 15 secs on a single attack (which might not even be the attack you wanted to reduce - eg melee swing hits you and triggers the cooldown, you take the bosses big uber-spell without any reduction)....meh. Its better than nothing, but meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Viskahn
    Ive not seen the reasoning at all for blizzard nerfing that talent tbh. Paladins have had Argent Defender since the start of TBC, which is a 30% damage reduction when below 35% life, doesnt have any cooldown and isnt as deep in the tree (though it costs 2 more talent points). Why our equivalent - which already had only half the effectiveness - should be nerfed is beyond me. People will say you cant compare apples with oranges, but what is the actual reason that this talent would be oh-so overpowered for a DK whilst not for a paladin?
    I suspect it comes down to arena, and WotN being overpowered for PvPers, so the tanks are getting nerfed for it. Yay. Do the same thing as with IBF then, make it scale with defense or better yet - dont try to make a class that can tank or pvp with any talent tree if you cant balance it right.
    Thought about it too. Imho, one of the resons in wording of those 2 talents. Pala's one works when you ARE below 35%. So it (probaly) won't work for strikes that hit you , when 35%+. As for DK, WotN works on those.

"No longer triggers from damage amounts less than 5% of the player’s health."

PVE-vise it's actually a buff cos of CD. Just imagine. Boss. You have 35%. Magical attack. Due to absorb it hits you for 4% of dmg and triggers WotN and CD on it. And here comes next swing for 32% of your hp. You are dead.
    Edit: If you'll be blood tank, you'll have to take it. It's one of blood saveme-CD.
    FEAR the slayer of the gods, catcher of the souls, the doomsinger of everlasting sunset, the immortal happy-burn-till-not-even-ashes-remains prophet! The Sunflower!

the pala one only works when your hit below 35%. as a tank its a bad thing to be hit at 35%

the dk one works when your hit from lets say 70 and you lose 40% of your hp, this especially in ulduar will happen far more often
    so the dk one should provide more dmg reduction than argent defender if your healers are doing their job