Ulduar 10 Man Raid Setups

Hi,
    We are a 25 man raiding guild, so obviously 25 mans come first, but then the question of 10 man arises.
    We really dont know whether to do two mixed groups or 1 full melee and 1 full caster.
    What is everyone else doing?

Re: Ulduar 10 Man Raid Setups

Making one caster and one melee group would be smart so you have all caster buffs and all melee buffs that you can get, increasing dps overall.

I think (and I don't play on PTR), that Blizzard made it so you could choose whatever you got. Aslong as you got 2 tanks, 2-3healers and rest dps. Just like in Naxx. They said "bring the player, not the class". And the fact that you bring a pure melee setup, is bassicly that you want heavy melee dps and then it's faster, but you can still do a mix of caster and melee, and it's still piss easy to clear Naxx.
    Shaman since Vanilla. All the way !

15+ Year Old Account

mix it so least posible people roll on most posible loot so ur guild progress faster
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

mix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardelia
    Making one caster and one melee group would be smart so you have all caster buffs and all melee buffs that you can get, increasing dps overall.
    So many buffs don't stack these days, you only need a few melee to bring all possible melee buffs (same for casters).

Mimiron would be pretty much impossible with all melee. There is I am sure other instances where it would not be of benefit to stack raw dps/buffs at all costs.

mix it to maximize drop use.

Would suck to have your melee group get all caster items and your caster group get all melee items.