Thread: Hard Modes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Hard Modes

I don't understand this arguement. Unless someone is holding a gun to your head and telling you to farm gold, playing wow is *optional* and I'd assumed every person that plays it plays to have fun. Doing it the normal way is optional you don't have to raid at all, or even play. I'll admit I like challenges and steady progression, but if something is too easy and there is a built in mechanic to make it more of a challenge and improved rewards to go along w/ it then well...:0 Wow is repetitive sure (get loot replace loot get loot replace it etc etc) yet then again alot of things in life are. I enjoy a new piece of loot and its really only my concern what drops when we are farming an instance. I always try to find something that might be even a little challenge/fun.. For instance, rather than plow through a couple heroics try for the achievments along the way rather than maybe getting the piece of loot that you might need for your offset, while the rest of the group just collects badges and rep they don't need.

I think that blizzard will have problems to actually make something that is hard.
    Sure, they did it in TBC with Kael, M'uru and so on, but either they will make the hard mode realtivly easy or they will be insane.

Lets hope hardmodes deliver the fun and lasting experience of Burning Crusade type raids - its needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gron
    Lets hope hardmodes deliver the fun and lasting experience of Burning Crusade type raids - its needed.
    Not to derail this or anything, but nostalgia is just that...nostalgia.

In BC, people constantly looked back at Vanilla raids, especially old-naxx and BWL, and made the same comment you just did. Now that we are in Wrath, people are looking back at BC, especially TK, BT, and SWP. Who's to say that during whatever is next, we wont be looking back at Ulduar and Icecrown as the pinnacle of raiding.

Remember that we are just in the first tier of content, that most of the guilds who laughed their way through 3d and wrote the guides all of you are using to down it all cleared Sunwell, easily the most challenging raid instance ever put into this game. Keep things in perspective.

After playing on the PTR I feel that Ulduar is about the same difficulty as SSC, the hard modes are definitly going to be interesting.

I'm sure there will be guilds that clear it in a few days(b/c they have no life?) and start blasting through the hard modes. For the average guild though, they will definitly be challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by SadWarrior
    err... for fun?
    I thought it was to get girls..?
    Love, zalgoes/cryless/crymoar

Quote Originally Posted by CombatJack
    After playing on the PTR I feel that Ulduar is about the same difficulty as SSC
    And considering on PTR NOONE were able to defear either Vashj and Kael, and that prenerf there were more guilds that killed Archimonde than Vashj and Kael, this is going to be fun for sure.

15+ Year Old Account

Blizzard wants to make a game that are more accessable for more players, but still give the skilled players some competition aswell. That is why they are making an easy mode and a hard mode.

We one shotted Mu'ru pre nerf with alt/main runs. Was that an easy fight? Nope
    We took down Cthun with alts, was that an easy fight? Hell no.
    We are one shotting sarth 3d with alts that an easy fight? No not in the begining, was is easier than the before named fights, very much indeed.. Hmm it was an entrance level fight, Sarth 3d should probably be compared to Gruul, or Magtheridon after the first nerf.

I have seen more than 20 "kill sarth 3d and tell me wotlk is easy" where people are whining about their guild not being able to take him down, where people claim to have taken him down, but fail to post with their main etc. The only reason why people are whining is that Naxx 25 man was alot easier than Kara Gruul Magtheridon to begin with, people are saying that you can just jump into Naxx with green quest gear and clear it, well you know what, you could do so with those instances after 20-30 nerfs. So we whine about them not tuning the instances properly, now they finaly get something straight, an easymode entrance raid instance, and now you cry about its to easy. Ulduar should have come alot earlier, acctually it should have been out with the release like in TBC.

hard mode should have been released with LK so we could have done naxx in hard mode

im hoping for hard modes for 5 mans too..