Are these still the right specs for Feral and Tree come 3.1

Greetings:

I haven't been paying that close attention to the new patch notes and just wanted to make sure nothing has majorly changed for when 3.1 hits as some are saying it should be this Tuesday. Let me know if these are solid tank and heal specs.

Bear Spec

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...2&version=9684

Tree Spec

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...0&version=9684

Thanks for your help.

Re: Are these still the right specs for Feral and Tree come 3.1

there is no need for 5 points in Furor.
    you only need three to get to the next level - Naturalist.
    I'd most likely put those extra two points in KotJ
    (you could take the points off ILotP too, but that's your choice depending on your raid set up)

If you are planning on just tanking with that spec then you are correct to have 5/5 furor. 60% chance for rage at the beginning of a pull is annoying.

For resto revitalize is still not going to be amazing. Do not sacrifice nature's grace for it at least. It can be very helpful for sudden burst damage. Natural perfection isn't amazing either. The point in improved tranquility is worthless =]

Start with this spec:

The last 4 points are really up to you. If you plan on using nourish then put them in Tranquil Spirits. If not consider getting empowered touch as it can be life saving with nature's swiftness healing touch combo. You can still get revitalize if you want. It's up to you.

is the spec i will be starting Ulduar with. I would rather have the 3% haste rating from Celestial Focus over the 3% crit rating from Natural Perfection. If you do more PvP then natural perfection is probably a better choice just for some added survivability. But in a raid setting + other talents 3% crit rating isn't all that huge IMO.

From what i've been able to gather from people testing it on the PTR, revitalize is still trash. Adding WR isn't enough to make it worth the talent point investment. It doesn't return enough mana often enough to be viable.

Quote Originally Posted by camy011
    If you are planning on just tanking with that spec then you are correct to have 5/5 furor. 60% chance for rage at the beginning of a pull is annoying.
    that is why we have enrage...

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by blahblahnameblah
    that is why we have enrage...
    no the poster was right at the start of the pull u wana go in bear and pop enrage. and u better want foror to proc then
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

...um, lol.
    you guys are far in the minority for your need to have five points in furor.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=48272.0

just browse through all of the posted specs.
    the only people taking five points in furor are the people who don't seem to notice that IMotW is going to increases all of your total attributes by 2% (2/2).

I almost never find myself without rage at the beginning of a pull, our raid has basically been chain pulling since Kara.

Quote Originally Posted by camy011
    I honestly don't think that many druids power shift anymore. Most of them simply hit enrage at the beginning of every pull.

For resto revitalize is still not going to be amazing. Do not sacrifice nature's grace for it at least. It can be very helpful for sudden burst damage. Natural perfection isn't amazing either. The point in improved tranquility is worthless =]
    With the change to nature's grace it is going to have to be play tested to determine if that 20% haste will be as good as old nature's grace (or even worth getting). When hots can crit, any ability that increases critical strike chance by 3% is relatively huge. Revitalize is a play choice though.

The point in Improved Tranquility is just filler and is possibly better than 1 point in tranquil spirit. However, I can't even remember the last time I actually used tranquility outside of a niche fight where the entire group was getting aoe damage. I normally use it to avoid movement in heroic boss fights (Loken, 2nd/3rd boss in Occulus heroic).
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerelli
    Adding WR isn't enough to make it worth the talent point investment. It doesn't return enough mana often enough to be viable.
    Perhaps its because is a GROUP utility talent. Adding rage, energy, runic power for free is huge. Sure it will probably only proc once per duration of rejuvenization and wild growth but that is still decent. If your only means of evaluating this talent is by how much mana it returns to you then your evaluation is flawed.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

when are decently geared warriors rage starved? DK's generate plenty of runic power on their own. And nobody plays a rogue any more. So yes, the argument does come down to how much mana is returned by those 3 talent points. The answer is: not enough to justify investing in it.

Even if your guild uses multiple rogues in your raids, I guarantee nobody will notice that extra energy on the rare chance that actually procs.

I've been contemplating this for a long time now. I can't quite determine what spec I want to go with in 3.1

These are a few ideas i've got going.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...0&version=9767

--

--

Note. I don't take Revit at all. Ever. If my guild wants me to have it, they're going to have to pay me to take it.

Now.. Spec 1 is just a standard loldruid spec, whatevzsz lolols!

Spec 2 is grabbing celestial focus and dropping points in GOTEM. GOTEM lost its appeal when rolling lifeblooms lost its appeal to me. : shrug :

Spec 3 is no doubt for nourish spam, which I have a feeling i'll be doing a lot of. Again dropping points in GOTEM.

I can't really decide. They're all such good choices. ;_;

Also, Nat. Perfection at this point shouldn't be optional, with the loss of a lot of the crit from regrowth. Will need to make up for it elsewhere.

Anyways, those are my few ideas. I'd like to see a few cat specs, personally.

Your bear spec seems fine. Just remember that the tank spec atm is based on ur raid, and what do u do more.
    I mean if u r a OT or MT for 25's or 10's or 5's.

1) Primal precision (10 expertise) 2 points
    2) Imp Leader of the Pack (4% health) 2 points
    3) Infected Wounds (-50%speed and -20% attack speed) 3 points

1) This is used when u need more expertise. even tho it is not needed is useful, but if u have a lot of expertise on ur gear u might wanna change it.
    2) This helps ur healers on the raids, when there is a lot of aoe dmg, if u trust ur healers or outgear the place u might wanna change it.
    3) This debuff is great, but if u have someone elseto apply the same debuff it is not useful at all.

What u could change and add is:

Furor instead of 5points spend only 3 or 4, you can shapeshift twice and ull get ur rage or use enrage.
    If u want a little more threat put 3 points on Natural Shapeshifter and the 3 points on master shapeshifter

If u are main tank and needs demo shout and dont have a warr to doit u can trade some of the "optional" talents and put them there.

So ur bear spec is nice just see what u need for raids and ur guild

im not a tree so i dont know much there...

hope iit is helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra
    no the poster was right at the start of the pull u wana go in bear and pop enrage. and u better want foror to proc then
    you don't need 20 rage at the start of a fight. you need enough rage to mangle and thats it. if you absolutely need 30 rage then shift twice or three times or however long it takes. yes it's stupid and annoying but 40% chance to gain rage is not going to help you once combat starts.
    3/5 furor and 2/2 imp motw is the only change i would make to your tank spec, that's what i'll be going into ulduar with

Hmm well this is what im thinking of using for my tanking spec. http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...0&version=9767