Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: (Concept) New BG: Icecrown Chasm

Quote Originally Posted by Varithorn1
    Aszara Crater first please. :
    Well, nobody has said this would come first, though Aszara Crater would fit a Maelstrom Expansion better (since that seems to be what everyone thinks the next expansion will be). Anyways, we're all just killing time in here waiting for the servers to come up.

On that note, is there any info on what AC was supposed to be? I seem to recall the developers canned it because it was essentially AB with a different layout, and because of that they scrapped it. Could be wrong though, and the Wowwiki page says they haven't officially dismissed it yet.

Would like to see it play differently than just "AV with Elf/Tauren paint" though.
    - Renowned expert in the field of Paladinery -
    - & Author of -
    The Highly Acclaimed "Reinvention" Threads
    North Lordaeron - Stratholme
    - Angor Coast-

Quote Originally Posted by Vallos
    Someone doesn't really understand PVP. If you played the original AV, you'd know that farming kills is not important at all. Capturing points, gathering resources and playing with (gasp) strategy define how the game will go. It's not just a face-roll 'hit player with stick' type deal.

I think this is very well thought-out.
    lol... actually if you played the original av youd know that from farming kills comes way more honor than standing and capping gy's 36 hours straight just so you can win the match...

its always been thus, kills farming = more honor than winning the match unless you have a premade with which you can win fast and consistently in every bg you join.

appart from that the only reason nowadays to join bgs is to farm honor, thus its logical that nowadays more people play to kill than to win.

Gotta say that's a pretty interesting and well thought-out idea.
    Feels pretty warish and could lead to some hectic fun battles.
    I approve!

The idea is really neat i must say and certainly different from what we have now. We could really use another BG. SotA was pretty "meh".
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

excellent idea, i want this bg on live servers
    one question: can afk ppl be reached by the undead forces in the starting cave? if not, then unending bg inc :P

Quote Originally Posted by ToRLiK
    excellent idea, i want this bg on live servers
    one question: can afk ppl be reached by the undead forces in the starting cave? if not, then unending bg inc :P
    The undead forces are actually drawn to the starting cave, as that's each team's graveyard. Once they get in there, it's pretty much over; anybody rezing will get swarmed, but ideally when it starts to get to that point, then you have the team trying to make a desperate last stand and maybe pull victory from the clutches.

Also, thanks to everyone reading and commenting.
    - & Author of -
    - Angor Coast-

Wow!

Now, to be honest, I'm not really a huge fan of PvP in WoW. But what I do like is BGs. And this actually sounds like it would be fun to play as opposed to the current BGs.

The thing that I like most is that it's got a way to prevent the unnecessary drawing-out of BGs that we currently have. As was mentioned earlier in the thread, no one likes the guys in WSG who grab the flag and force a stalemate. Or the guys who fight away from nodes in AB. In IC, if people want to be stupid and not work on the true objective of the BG, the undead will do it for them and end it.

This is a pretty creative idea, unleash hell on one side and save yourself from certain death. I certainly like the different roles that this bg would provide.

(Awesome job, you certainly put a lot of thought into this)

Quote Originally Posted by IamTheJesusMonk
    Wow!

Now, to be honest, I'm not really a huge fan of PvP in WoW. But what I do like is BGs. And this actually sounds like it would be fun to play as opposed to the current BGs.
    Quote Originally Posted by SadisticInvinsible
    This is a pretty creative idea, unleash hell on one side and save yourself from certain death. I certainly like the different roles that this bg would provide.

(Awesome job, you certainly put a lot of thought into this)
    Thank you both for the compliments. Glad the idea is catching on.

(yes, this was a shameless self-bump)
    - & Author of -
    - Angor Coast-

I don´t like the idea to help the Lich King to get a even bigger army than he already has , but you have done a pretty well job on the concept

I´d wish someone would make a BG that is about killing people..
    WSG about running with a flag as quick as possible (premades almost never kill anybody, they just CC)
    AB About taking flags and keeping them. ( this somewhat contains killing of players tho not really the keything)
    AV About killing NPCs (weee new raid instance wtf)
    EOTS About taking points and keeping them. Tho this is proberly the one that requires the most killing due to the flag.
    SOTA(omg ima riding mah tank and killin walls)

How about making a simply BG where the first team who kills a 100 players wins !? healers would be important and would be important to protect.

It always has to involve killing npcs or taking objects.. How about making a BG that has the essence of PVP (PLAYER VS PLAYER) and not player vs npc or player vs object.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivpiv
    I´d wish someone would make a BG that is about killing people..
    WSG about running with a flag as quick as possible (premades almost never kill anybody, they just CC)
    AB About taking flags and keeping them. ( this somewhat contains killing of players tho not really the keything)
    AV About killing NPCs (weee new raid instance wtf)
    EOTS About taking points and keeping them. Tho this is proberly the one that requires the most killing due to the flag.
    SOTA(omg ima riding mah tank and killin walls)

How about making a simply BG where the first team who kills a 100 players wins !? healers would be important and would be important to protect.

It always has to involve killing npcs or taking objects.. How about making a BG that has the essence of PVP (PLAYER VS PLAYER) and not player vs npc or player vs object.
    /signed

I would really like to see a bg with this kind of concept, but it would prolly be like more of an arena insted of Battleground without some kind of objective but killing eachother but im sure blizzard could work out something :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by mmathes339
    The fact that South Korea once again wants to try to nuke the US off the map
    True story

i dont like the fact that You need zombies, a good Idea might be that you have to fight against horde/alliance players to get the projectiles.

To the OP:

I'm still trying to imagine how a match would actually play out. Ok, the objective is clear: Turn your enemy into Zombies (I kinda like this one! ).

But how do you imagine all the different aspects will play out? Will it be "grab the ammo, get it to your catapult and blow up their gates?" Or will it be "go to the gate and blow it up yourself?"

You said something about "rough playtesting" - care to elaborate on that a little more, because honestly I can't imagine how you would do this and I'm quite interested.

All in all your idea is tempting and would fit WotLK very well. My respect for all the creativity.

Still, I see one huge downside to your vision of IC. It's complicated like hell. Not just chaotic, but really really complicated. So many things to keep track of, so much coordination, so much interference from NPCs. You might say that's good, and although I'd appreciate the diversity, too, I'd be concerned as well.

My point is: Even EotS and SotA are already way too complicated for the average Horde/Alliance random group (not even talking about AV). It's about two years now that people can play EotS and yet, in every single BG you've got at least 5 people incapable of wrapping their brains around the concept of fighting on the bases, not somewhere in between (tbh, probably more than 5). You've almost always got the "Mr. Wiseguy" telling everyone to "cap the flag, it's worth 200 points!!!1111oneeleven" - even the very simple concept of a flag giving a different amount of points depending on how many bases you hold is obviously so extremely complicated that after two years still half of the average BG-population didn't get it.

Now that SotA's the new BG of the expansion (at least so far) it's just history repeating. Although in my battlegroup this is not even the most urgent problem of SotA, people just don't seem to realize that the whole story is not about blowing up as many players (Alliance in my case) as you can but rather blowing up the demolishers first. I don't really get how ignorant or stupid one has to be to constantly not realize why the own team is loosing (all gates down with 1 demolisher) and still unload everything one has on the next best player instead of killing the vehicle first. As I said: History repeating... a BG where the primary objective is not to kill as many players as you can but to actually think about what you are doing. Maybe that's why the Alliance on my server dominates Wintergrasp - as soon as you outnumber your opponent 3:1 on a bad day (if you want to experience what 20x Tenacity feels like and why it#s worth squat: be my guest!) it all boils down to: Blow the others up and you'll be fine.
    (That, on a sidenote, is the most urgent problem of SotA in my battlegroup: the best, as in "close to even" A:H ration of this group's servers is 2:1, the worst ist 5,4:1 - past 10pm Horde always starts with 3-6 people vs. 15 Alliance, they do their offense in about 3 minutes no matter what, and even if the Horde fills up for round two you haven't got the slightest chance to do your offense faster in a 15vs15 situation).

All in all, your idea would immensely profit if you take all these aspects into account. Give it some sort of "Ariadne's thread" that's easy to follow for those who just don't get it, avoid the mistakes that Blizzard has made in the past, and maybe even give it some thoughts how to alleviate the constant faction-disparity that you have in most battlegroups that's not as clumsy as tenacity is.

That would make a good idea a great idea.

This is kinda off topic since it's got nothing to do with your BG, so I'm sorry for contaminating your thread but,

What WoW needs is a Bomb run BG similar to the UT game mode. Or just a "cap-n-hold" the bomb while the other team franticly tries to get it back. First team to a set amount of score. Points are harvested by holding the bomb. Same damage rules as the flag carriers in WSG, but perhaps a bit more frequently. Makes for a fun killing based GM with a score and goal in mind.

As far as your BG goes, I like the whole setting. I'm not sure how comfortable I am with another BG where NPCs are involved, but at least it seems interesting which is more than I can say for the new BG they added, SotA. Also like the fact that there are more than one place where you can get projectiles, which forces you to consider whether you should sabotage the Hordes attempt (assuming you're alliance ofc) or go to a free one and farm projectiles in peace. Could of course be a two-edged blade with all the thinking involved, since thinking really isn't anyones forte in any random BG. :P