Critique My gear Prot pally : )

My name is Nosurrendor on the server FireTree Here is a link of my armory....

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&n=Nosurrendor

Ok so first thing ur probably gonna say is HOLY MOLY why do u have so much defense?!?! Well, in BC I was always a stamina whore and also in the beginning of WOTLK, but then I started to go for block capped. Got block capped, but had too much block rating. So yea now I am an avoidance whore. I like avoidance. Ever since I have been going for avoidance my healer and I have noticed I been taking less damage. Right now I stand at about 54% avoidance. That is pretty nice IMO. My high defense rating helps with this. I get a lot of miss from the defense I have. I feel that defense is the best way to stack avoidance.

I am in a 10 man guild. I do pug 25's. I have done naxx 25 twice and main tanked both times. Did not have a hard time doing that either. Although the pug fell apart after patch. I have a mix of 25 and 10 man gear. Mostly 10 man stuff. I did get a block 25 man bracer last night in naxx, but I dont have it on cuz I really dont like block. I threw it in with my block set tho and might where it once I get the avoidance chest in OS from 1d.

So here is the thing. I am worried about my hp. It seemed fine in 25 naxx, but how is it gonna hold up in 10 man Ulduar? One of the things that I have to sacrifice for having high avoidance is my hp. :-[ I will be losing more of my hp once I get the avoidance helm from 4 horseman in 10 naxx and t7 shoulder. Those 2 items will def. increase my avoidance even more, but drop my stam further.

I am not too crazy about the t7 for pally tanks. I feel there is too much block in it. I looked at the t8 and was glad to see more avoidance. I feel like block on my gear now is kind of a waste, specially cuz now my BV is low. Only item that I have on that gives me block rating is my chest which helps me stay block capped raid buffed. I could switch into my block gear and then increase my stamina, but that would cause a sharp decrease in my avoidance. I am just worried about getting a few unlucky shots in ulduar and my hp wont be able to keep me alive.

Re: Critique My gear Prot pally : )

first thing i noticed was that you still gem/enchant for defense even tho your way over the cap.
    dunno if it's just me but i'd change your weapon enchant to accuracy to, just to keep the threat up
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." (Albert Einstein)

High def is standard for avoidance tanks; I would recommend heavier stam/BV gearing for a bit though, as you're into the point where DR cuts down a LOT - you're nearing halfway to the miss cap for example. T7.5 legs, decent shoulders (7.5 are decen for pure), sand worn ring, stam trinket, 20 str on weap should all level you out without losing much avoidance, as you've got to look at how your insanely high dodge affects your raid buffs.

If you're block capped then defense will not provide the best returns for avoidance.

Other then that you're not bad. I don't see any 10 man gear (outside of a BoE ring from OS 10). Mostly heroic 5 mans and a few 25 man pieces.

You can afford to drop a whole ton of defense in exchange for pure avoidance or stamina.