Thread: spirit change?

spirit change?

could someone explain how they are nerfing/changing spirit?

Re: spirit change?

cutting the mp5 you get when not casting after 5 secs by 40% i think.

so the in combat MP5 is left to be the same?

would this mean that you would want MP5 rather than spirit if you were a disc priest?

don't have a priest this is what i read but i would guess spirit would be useless to disc so yea they would get mp5 gear but remember that spirit can still give u mp5 because of the Meditation talent to so don't ignore it

Quote Originally Posted by frozenshade
    so the in combat MP5 is left to be the same?

would this mean that you would want MP5 rather than spirit if you were a disc priest?
    Kinda, and no.

Instead of regen-ing a ton of mana oo5sr, you regen less out of, and more inside. All the talents that allow regen "in combat" are buffed, so that your overall mana regen is about the same.

Basically, they want you to regen mana inside the 5sr (while casting) rather than while not casting.

And mp5 is still a terrible stat for everyone but resto shamen.

Nothing changes, its mainly aimed at deep Holy abusing Holy Concentration to get large periods out of the 5SR

Quote Originally Posted by Xs
    Nothing changes, its mainly aimed at deep Holy abusing Holy Concentration to get large periods out of the 5SR
    i like to think its blizz taking the rng out of holy regen,plus sometimes with enough crit it was just impossible to go oom even spamming.

For Disco:

Its a straight up vs. on what will give you more IS5SR. Based on your int/spi ratio, a Spirit item may give you more IS5SR regen than a Mp5 item. Remember to factor in your 6% spirit talent & Kings. I suggest an add on like ratings buster.

For Holy:

Its a little more complicated. Its all about your crit rating, how often you cast,and thus, how often 3.1 HC is active. Plus, you have to figure in your 25% spirit to SP coefficient. All in all, it would have to be a pretty BA Mp5 item to make up the benefits Spirit still brings to Holy.