Few questions for a Ulduar PTR Tester.

Hi, i just have a few questions for someone who has done the fights in Ulduar on the PTR that i would like answered. Most of these questions are are just little things. Some questions are kind of dumb, but please ,answer them. Prefer if all replies where accurate.

1. Flame Leviathan- Leaving the towers up or Destroying them enables hard mode?

2.Flame Leviathan- is Overload Circuit worth doing on him or is it better to just not do it and fight him without stunning him? Obviously i realize by overloading his circuits, he takes more damage and goes faster, but is it needed and is it better to or not?

3.Flame leviathan- Do the demolishers have to pick up ammo off the ground? seen some videos where there are blue crates on the ground or something.

4.Ignis the Furnace watcher- is it better to have your off tanks to put the Iron Constructs into the scorch and heat it to 20 and blow it up in the water or is it simply better to just off tank the adds all fight?

5. Kologarn- The fight consists of a right arm, main body and left arm. 3 difference peices. does this mean you need a tank for each piece? If not, then which part of the body does not actually do damage, or do you have 1 tank tank 2 pieces? Or is it just a fight where the 2 arms hit the main tank with a tank switching when one gets to many debuffs?

6. Freya- How many tanks you think are needed for this fight with the amount of adds that spawn?

7. Hodir- How do you deal with the Frozen blows(Physical damage reduced by 70%, but attacks deal 40000 additional Frost damage. In addition, all enemies suffer 4000 3000 Frost damage every 2 1 sec. for 20 sec. This is cast randomly.) that he does? I'm guessing its always on the main tank, just heal through it? Better to have a high HP druid tank it?

Well i believe thats it for now, i appreciate any help i can get answering these questions. Thanks a bunch!

Re: Few questions for a Ulduar PTR Tester.

1. Unknown at this time. They've been changing it over and over during the run of the PTR. I imagine it'll be leave them up for hard mode when it goes live. It'd be stupid of them to do it the other way, because if you set it on hard mode, you'd have to wait till reset if you couldnt do it.

2. I killed him without doing it, but that was because it was a bugged fight and we had no choice (We also had no turrets during the bug). There's an achievement for not doing it. I guess it all depends on how practiced your raid is etc. It's definately harder.

3. The passengers of the demolishers can shoot them out of the sky and grapple them.

4. You can no longer just offtank them, he gets stronger for each add still alive.

5. Main body of Kologarn needs a tank. The arms have no aggro table.

6. I haven't done this as it hasn't been available on the US realms, but I'd guess a 15/7/3 dps/heal/tank composition will work fine.

7. Frost resist tank with cooldowns should be good. It happens after a deep freeze, not randomly.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Few questions for a Ulduar PTR Tester.

6. I think you'll want 3 tanks. 1 on boss and 2 handling the various adds. Probably doable with only 2 tanks, but think it'd be tricky (mainly thinking of the add that you need to stop attacking for 5-10 seconds to let a buff run out).