which professions should i do if i dont have any?

i have a prot warrior as my main...and a blood dk as my alt, and i was wondering what two professions should i have for both of them? i have about 8-9k gold on my account and im good at farming gold, so idk what or which to dump my money on? any suggestions?

Re: which professions should i do if i dont have any?

I would suggest you pick up jc/mining.

Mining gives you extra +50 stam (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=53040) which is always good for any tanks. And you can gather heaps of free ore for gold.

JC gives you three prismatic gems (solid dragon's eye +41 stam or Thick dragon's eye +27 defense) which matches any gem sockets, so it's easier meet meta requirements and socket bonuses.

You already have the start up money for JC, and I really recommend you pick it up as it will make you so much gold you need not to farm again.

http://wowrichkid.blogspot.com/
    http://wowrichkid.blogspot.com/

First off I have to make this recommendation for next time you level a character. Always take 2 gathering professions while leveling. Since most professions don't matter till you hit 80 anyway, you might as well get the free gold as you go.

However if you all ready are at 80 then my answer is: It doesn't really matter. The professions all apply about the same bonus.

Gathering professions make decent money at 80 if you spend a lot of time not in dungeons. The stamina buff from mining and the crit buff from skinning are also quite good.

JC is the best money making profession because you can sell cut gems and the daily is still worth about 100g (at least on my server). However, on my server, all professions that require ore to level are extremely expensive right now (we have mithril going for 80g a stack).

My general comments on the other proffesions:
    Tailoring: won't provide a good bonus to plate wearers. flying carpet is cool though.
    Leatherworking: ok bonus, but it is weird to have a plate wearer with leatherworking
    Blacksmithing: free gem slots. This is pretty good now, and will be better when epic gems come out.
    Alchemy: This is only useful if you generally use flasks in dungeons. However, if you always use flasks, you get both stronger flasks and they last twice as long. Tanking flask is being buffed in the patch.
    Enchanting: Enchant your rings. Can make decent money disenchanting, but expensive to level.

I generally choose two expensive professions for my main. For my alts though I usually keep at least one gathering profession (since it is cheaper, and the bonuses aren't as important on an alt).

the warrior JC/BS go armor smith for BS

for DK Tailor/inscription i think inscription is gonna get some nice things later on
    no im not always gonna put in a lot of thought when i post
    and not all my posts are serious/true

if ur looking for better stats

JC/BS expensive but extra Sockets + OP Gems are great,,, on both warrior/dk
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

Quote Originally Posted by NoAbloIngles
    JC/BS expensive but extra Sockets + OP Gems are great,,, on both warrior/dk
    It's probably not more then 2k gold to level either of them. You can make that money back on dragon's eye.

BS/JC for your main. Mining + else (probably JC) for your alt.